Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9475 9476 [9477] 9478 9479 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15734676 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142140 on: October 03, 2014, 12:40:43 am »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

So the guys who did Planetary Annihilation are gearing up for a second game. An RTS consisting of giant skynet robots fighting against lovecraftian monsters, bashing their way through cities and fighting over who gets to devour humans for resources. There is no human faction.

The Singularity is nigh. Newly-sentient automated factories churn out waves of giant robots, hell-bent on dismantling and recycling all of human civilization. The insect-like Machines can deploy into stationary modes, enhancing their shielding and firepower. They decimate their enemies with ranged energy weapons.

The humans invoke the tentacled Ancient Ones in a last-ditch effort to stem the Machine onslaught. This proves unwise. Now the Ancient Ones vie with the Machines to consume the last scraps of Earth.

Battles unfold on floating fragments of Earth as they are ripped from the planet and pulled toward the waiting mouths of god-sized faction leaders. The cities that lie in your path are fully destructible, as is the terrain beneath them. Uproot buildings to use as clubs! Create mighty warriors that can cut the Earthshard in two! Bore giant holes through the ground!

This sounds bloody amazing. And their trailer is even better.
:O

HOLY CRAP
To quote Zapp Brannigan: "That's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142141 on: October 03, 2014, 01:04:04 am »

So... wait, is PA done?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #142142 on: October 03, 2014, 01:22:22 am »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

So the guys who did Planetary Annihilation are gearing up for a second game. An RTS consisting of giant skynet robots fighting against lovecraftian monsters, bashing their way through cities and fighting over who gets to devour humans for resources. There is no human faction.

The Singularity is nigh. Newly-sentient automated factories churn out waves of giant robots, hell-bent on dismantling and recycling all of human civilization. The insect-like Machines can deploy into stationary modes, enhancing their shielding and firepower. They decimate their enemies with ranged energy weapons.

The humans invoke the tentacled Ancient Ones in a last-ditch effort to stem the Machine onslaught. This proves unwise. Now the Ancient Ones vie with the Machines to consume the last scraps of Earth.

Battles unfold on floating fragments of Earth as they are ripped from the planet and pulled toward the waiting mouths of god-sized faction leaders. The cities that lie in your path are fully destructible, as is the terrain beneath them. Uproot buildings to use as clubs! Create mighty warriors that can cut the Earthshard in two! Bore giant holes through the ground!

This is something I needed in my life.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142143 on: October 03, 2014, 01:29:01 am »

So... wait, is PA done?
Aye. I believe it is finished.

And as for that?

DO. FUCKKITY. WANT.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142144 on: October 03, 2014, 01:33:24 am »

So... wait, is PA done?

There's a section of the F.A.Q on the Kickstarter page that mentions another internal team is continuing work on "Planetary Annihilation". I wonder how the slightly cool reception to its release will effect this development.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #142145 on: October 03, 2014, 01:54:55 am »

So... wait, is PA done?
Aye. I believe it is finished.

And as for that?

DO. FUCKKITY. WANT.

From what a few people I know who bought into the kickstarter are telling me, finished, is a relative term.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142146 on: October 03, 2014, 01:58:10 am »

Yeah I saw some PA gameplay last spring and I'd be surprised if it was really done.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #142147 on: October 03, 2014, 02:20:57 am »

This looks fun.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142148 on: October 03, 2014, 02:29:19 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:05:03 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #142149 on: October 03, 2014, 02:34:43 am »

I bought underwear \o/

Very expensive underwear, but people in some gay subreddit were praising it so it must be good.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #142150 on: October 03, 2014, 02:47:31 am »

I bought underwear \o/

Very expensive underwear, but people in some gay subreddit were praising it so it must be good.
Must be \o/

Check out my Pixel art!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #142151 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:23 am »

Why were you in a gay subreddit?
Fashion advice? :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #142152 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:58 am »

Nah, someone linked me to it in a subreddit where I actually do go to for fashion advice :P

Or rather, watch for discounts on expensive(-ish) clothing...

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #142153 on: October 03, 2014, 04:57:26 am »

Funny I didn't see it till I went to the upper-board that I noticed pisskop is doing the shaking thing, its calling intensifying right? That leads me to ask. Can someone tell me what its all about?

Check out my Pixel art!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #142154 on: October 03, 2014, 04:59:02 am »

It's a fad from a little while ago where everyone got a Descan avatar.
Pages: 1 ... 9475 9476 [9477] 9478 9479 ... 13325