Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9151 9152 [9153] 9154 9155 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788474 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137280 on: August 07, 2014, 06:54:56 pm »

The most interesting thing I know about my family comes from my father's side.

Back when prussia was still prussia, a serf fled the country to america after insulting nobility. I'm a direct ancestor. I'm assuming he did it in an over the top, hilarious way. Also on my mother's side, my great-great grandfather was a trumpeteer for the Tsar army band before fleeing during the bolshevik uprising and coming to Idaho to farm.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137281 on: August 07, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »

We're following the direct line, most of the time. We find out a lot on the sidelines, but the main pursuit is to go back as far as possible in a straight line.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137282 on: August 07, 2014, 07:06:01 pm »

We're following the direct line, most of the time. We find out a lot on the sidelines, but the main pursuit is to go back as far as possible in a straight line.
But it's not a straight line, it's a cone triangle but rounder while still being 2d. Don't know what you'd call that shape, if anything.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:09:27 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137283 on: August 07, 2014, 07:07:39 pm »

Something I've not understood about ancestry, what do you mean by sidelines? Is that tracing it back up, hopping to a sibling, and then tracing it back down?

Also, as for like, everyone being related via 400 years ago, I don't think that's taken into account inbreeding (although I guess maybe you don't call it inbreeding after 20 generations, but whatever) and thus I'm pretty sure it's not true. It's true that you'll have like a billion ancestors, but most of those will actually be the same people.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #137284 on: August 07, 2014, 07:12:59 pm »

So new happy that is actually happy!

I was changing a lightbulb and it didn't turn on while I was screwing it in!
I FREAKING HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I'll just be screwing away and BWOOSH! You are now blind. And your hand is on fire.

Stupid lights with no real way to tell if its turned on or not...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137285 on: August 07, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

I FREAKING HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I'll just be screwing away and BWOOSH! You are now blind. And your hand is on fire.

Use a multimeter?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137286 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

Use a multimeter?
I...don't know what that is. The light in question is in our laundry room, and it has a pull chain because its an old asshole.

Indeed, I do this.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #137287 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »

Ahem.
I can help with that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm only thirty minutes in, but so far the Megaman Fan Movie is so hilariously bad with certain features, namely the voices for Roll and Wily, that I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Take a closer look at this text!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137288 on: August 07, 2014, 07:24:31 pm »

IIRC, the reason google's not doing too well is the cable companies are doing heavy lobbying against it, such as getting city councils to block google fiber.
All four (3?) of them, last I'd heard. They're either lobbying or complaining loudly that they didn't get what google fiber got as incentives to come to the city. Despite, yknow, being the only (in most places) isp in said city and not actually doing anything until they had competition threatened to them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137289 on: August 07, 2014, 07:28:50 pm »

So, I didn't have time to make lunch this morning, but I did have a coupon for a free sandwich from the barbecue joint that is sponsoring my store's midnight Destiny launch. I get there, the manager (the guy I made the deal with,) is behind the counter, and he takes my coupon. From there, he starts talking about how Destiny is going to be awesome and he can't wait for the launch party, etc, etc, and makes me an ultra-sized sandwich. It's already named "The Big Barbecue Sandwich," mind you. There's so much brisket on this thing that it's overflowing off the bun. He gave me a double-portion of mac'n'cheese to go with it, and a 32oz drink cup. Lunch was at 2:30. I am just now feeling normal instead of "unholy-jayziz-why'd-I-eat-so-much!?" I wanted to explode, but I ate it all and I will not regret inviting them into the store.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137290 on: August 07, 2014, 07:29:26 pm »

Use a multimeter?
I...don't know what that is. The light in question is in our laundry room, and it has a pull chain because its an old asshole.
Thing that you use to measure current, PD, and resistance. Some other things too but mainly for electronics purposes.

Ahem.
I can help with that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm only thirty minutes in, but so far the Megaman Fan Movie is so hilariously bad with certain features, namely the voices for Roll and Wily, that I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Is that a switch that is on when flicked up and off when flicked down?
How confusing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137291 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

It could be more confusing, Grak. it could be a switch that has variable correctness depending on whether or not you turned off the light with the switch (so now the switch says off when its off) or with a different part of the lamp. (so now the switch says on but the light is off).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137292 on: August 07, 2014, 07:37:41 pm »

snip

So do you er...know what Destiny is/has to offer? I mean it kinda looks cool, but all I've seen/heard about it was a few of the short ad videos, so no idea what the gameplay will be etc.

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137293 on: August 07, 2014, 07:37:59 pm »

It could be more confusing, Grak. it could be a switch that has variable correctness depending on whether or not you turned off the light with the switch (so now the switch says off when its off) or with a different part of the lamp. (so now the switch says on but the light is off).
How about we just not write on our light switches?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137294 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »

snip

So do you er...know what Destiny is/has to offer? I mean it kinda looks cool, but all I've seen/heard about it was a few of the short ad videos, so no idea what the gameplay will be etc.
Theres a "beta" (the demo-like AAA kind), and also MZ works at a gamestop as some sort of assistant manager I think it was?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9151 9152 [9153] 9154 9155 ... 13325