Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9152 9153 [9154] 9155 9156 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787655 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137295 on: August 07, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »

snip

So do you er...know what Destiny is/has to offer? I mean it kinda looks cool, but all I've seen/heard about it was a few of the short ad videos, so no idea what the gameplay will be etc.
Yep. It's a crossover between a first person shooter and an MMO. Activision and Bungie are hoping to run the Destiny line for at least 10 years, and will be putting out shitloads of content for it. The character creator looks like Mass Effect, the shooting plays like Borderlands, the look of the game is a lot like Halo (Bungie's signature style, of course,) and the matchmaking system works a lot like a MOBA or MMO, and it has an RPG leveling system. Have a Beta video.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:43:57 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #137296 on: August 07, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

So no singleplayer? Eh...probably gonna pass. BFEL is bad at competition. Especially in shooters :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #137297 on: August 07, 2014, 07:52:10 pm »

Fun fact: By the time you go back to... was it 1600? You're related to everyone. Twice.

Also, you're almost guaranteed to have had someone like Charlemagne as a direct ancestor because, by the time you get back to the time period he's in, you've had more ancestors than there have ever been people on earth.
Hang on. 400 years ago, say 20 years to the generation, you've got 20 generations. 2^20 is still just over 1,000,000, and that's how many ancestors you'd have in that generation assuming no inbreeding. There's a lot of unrealistic assumptions in there, but it should be solid enough order-of-magnitude-wise. That's about 1/500 of the world population at the time. Between population growth and exponents being what they are, you've gotta go back to about 1400, and by then I'm reasonably confident that geography presents a large enough barrier to interfere with the viability of the "no inbreeding" assumption too badly.

Now, if you're of Western European descent, then it probably holds pretty well, but still. :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #137298 on: August 07, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »

Spoiler: ALREADY HAPPENING (click to show/hide)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137299 on: August 07, 2014, 07:58:44 pm »

Spoiler: ALREADY HAPPENING (click to show/hide)
I have never been more proud of Volvo in my life.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137300 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »

I'm only thirty minutes in, but so far the Megaman Fan Movie is so hilariously bad with certain features, namely the voices for Roll and Wily, that I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Oh god, that exists? Is it done in bad CG(with models taken from websites without crediting said websites, of course), live-action or some other horrible thing?
Man, if it's as bad as the Sonic fan-movie, I may need to check it out...
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #137301 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05:17 pm »

I'm only thirty minutes in, but so far the Megaman Fan Movie is so hilariously bad with certain features, namely the voices for Roll and Wily, that I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Oh god, that exists? Is it done in bad CG(with models taken from websites without crediting said websites, of course), live-action or some other horrible thing?
Man, if it's as bad as the Sonic fan-movie, I may need to check it out...
Live action, so far.
I had to go do stuff so I'm still at that point in the movie.
At least I think it is.
I don't get words.
They're real people so far, if that's what you're asking.
But I've yet to get to the point with the pew-pews. So I don't know.

Edit:
Yes.
There is godawful CG.
It's hilarious.

Second edit: Dear Gog the fight scenes are godawful.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:49:45 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137302 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

All this talk of Megaman reminded me that the Protomen are a thing.  I know what I'm doing for the next hour.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137303 on: August 07, 2014, 08:12:28 pm »

So no singleplayer? Eh...probably gonna pass. BFEL is bad at competition. Especially in shooters :P
Most of the game is cooperative in a pseudo PvE style.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137304 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »

Hmm...less deal-breaky, but it still sucks there's no singleplayer. I don't understand why people would make games without singleplayer. It boggles my brain.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #137305 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:54 pm »

Fun fact: By the time you go back to... was it 1600? You're related to everyone. Twice.

Also, you're almost guaranteed to have had someone like Charlemagne as a direct ancestor because, by the time you get back to the time period he's in, you've had more ancestors than there have ever been people on earth.
Hang on. 400 years ago, say 20 years to the generation, you've got 20 generations. 2^20 is still just over 1,000,000, and that's how many ancestors you'd have in that generation assuming no inbreeding. There's a lot of unrealistic assumptions in there, but it should be solid enough order-of-magnitude-wise. That's about 1/500 of the world population at the time. Between population growth and exponents being what they are, you've gotta go back to about 1400, and by then I'm reasonably confident that geography presents a large enough barrier to interfere with the viability of the "no inbreeding" assumption too badly.

Now, if you're of Western European descent, then it probably holds pretty well, but still. :P

Wasn't there a study recently that showed that 1/15 people are related to Ghengis Kahn? Also, I recall that all European royalty, and the vast majority of nobility are related in some way to Charlemagne.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137306 on: August 07, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »

Hmm...less deal-breaky, but it still sucks there's no singleplayer. I don't understand why people would make games without singleplayer. It boggles my brain.
I'm hoping that eventually, we can do the B12 Clan thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137307 on: August 07, 2014, 08:21:56 pm »

Sign me up, so long as the game is decent and I don't have to pay for an expensive subscription.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137308 on: August 07, 2014, 08:23:02 pm »

Sign me up, so long as the game is decent and I don't have to pay for an expensive subscription.
No subscription fee at all, aside from PlaystationPlus or XboxLive. Unfortunately, it will not be coming to PC (at least for now.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137309 on: August 07, 2014, 08:23:54 pm »

Well if the singleplayer wasn't a dealbreaker, THAT certainly is.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 9152 9153 [9154] 9155 9156 ... 13325