Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8877 8878 [8879] 8880 8881 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758751 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133170 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »

Ending note for Operation: Costanza (Day 1):
I fucking knew it; it paid off to be nice all day today.

A bit of wear on my moped tire (rear tire, fortunately) was spotted last week, and I spent the entirety of the recent events trying to get it replaced ASAP, while getting my oil changed,  but a minor hiccup was that they needed to order one, and it might finally arrive tomorrow.

The good: The tire finally popped, in the safety of a parking lot, at low speeds (a minor whiskey throttle occurred as I tried regaining control; Yet another WT I tamed. Not an easy skill; Good thing I learned it (learned from riding a jet ski previously).).
The bad: I had to haul the thing a good distance (several blocks in some serious heat).
The better: Turns out thanks to being nice, and staying the course all day, my boss just saved my ass at the end of the day.

As it turns out, they're allowing me to park my moped at their place, which is about the same distance haul to the shop I need the tire replacement from. I already built up the experience earlier tonight. And to further help me out, they let me borrow a work vehicle to head home with; of course, I have to pay the gas difference; an acceptable loss. Fortunately, I have tomorrow off already, which is still true; and provided everything works out, I should be able to return the work vehicle, get my moped fixed, and still enjoy my day off, hanging out at the springs with my family.

See kids, it still pays to be nice; sometimes even an enemy can lend a helping hand, under the right circumstances.

EDIT:
Additionally, I'm back to 2-weeks policy already, or at least, being permitted to leave on more peaceful terms. In a sense, I'm a job necromancer now. I'm unfired, but at least given a more graceful leave when the time comes (still intent on leaving soon anyway). Made that clear to my boss, so we're at least back to neutral terms again.

This happened really damn fast. Got a desired result far sooner than I expected. Did not expect a 1st-day delivery. Nice to be able to take my time now, and convince my boss that there's no pressure. A more mutually beneficial result should be easier to reach now.

I'm actually happier with this result, and what it can provide, compared to how others normally would have reacted (plenty of mean ways to go). Nice to know the 'test of character' (mostly circumstances, and judging reactions and such) bits have been yielding consistent results. I think I got through to them. Seems they're cooled off now, and a bit more level-headed. Speaking of 'test of character', I feel mine has been tested all day as well. Nice to feel I got a passing grade, at least. At least, if you want to count karma as a factor/benchmark.

Yes, it sucks the tire popped, but it happened at a better time than you think. Safety of parking lot and low speed, and no longer needing to worry about it, now that the damage is already done, and we're already set to fix it after the fact ASAP, along with a more convenient than it appears place to happen, a nice final test of character, with a mutually passing score; at least, personally seeing. Overall, karma score looks in the green here. Had I handled everything more differently, imagine how different the result could have been? I mean, with a more hostile mindset, I could have been unprepared to tackle the popping, and could have been injured, or have it happen in a less ideal location (like on the road at full throttle (Being a 50cc moped, it's top speed is the speed limit. Stop worrying.), or in a worse place to haul from; especially with today's weather.). Not to mention, despite the past, I still got helped out because I was nice; had I not been, I probably would have been given something equal to an "I told you so", or something; or given some crap about how helpless I would be and other BS like that.

EDIT EDIT:
I wonder if anyone wants/needs my experience to serve as an aesop or something? Nice to see myself pass one of my harder/est tests: The true mark of a "Nice Guy" (as lame as it sounds, it's a bastard of a test, when you think about it.). Didn't expect it to also be so short.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:28:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #133171 on: June 30, 2014, 08:27:21 pm »

I have consumed a bottle of wine, and am now going to murder some bandits. I like hedonism days.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133172 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:50 pm »

*Transports Bauglir to 1920s America*

Enjoy!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133173 on: June 30, 2014, 08:43:12 pm »

NET GETTING BETTER SOON :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133175 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:21 pm »

That sounds really good, Itnetlolor. I'll admit to not reading through the entirety of your earlier posts on the subject (they were kinda long, sorry) but from this latest one it seems things went really damn well for you. :D Good job! I would have flipped that guy the bird, flipped a table, backflipped out of the building and then probably flipped my moped in a fit of rage on the way home.

I have consumed a bottle of wine, and am now going to murder some bandits. I like hedonism days.
A... a bottle? Wine in a bottle?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133176 on: June 30, 2014, 10:15:06 pm »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133177 on: June 30, 2014, 10:24:33 pm »

My happy of the day is that Col. Chris Hadfield got the order of Canada. :D

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133178 on: June 30, 2014, 10:42:54 pm »

HEIL CANADA!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #133179 on: June 30, 2014, 11:02:57 pm »

Yeah, I agree, wine in a bottle is a travesty. That's why I took it out of the bottle, and stored it in my belly for safekeeping.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133180 on: June 30, 2014, 11:05:58 pm »

* Descan points you at the Canuck Poli thread
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #133181 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:14 pm »

Yeah, I agree, wine in a bottle is a travesty. That's why I took it out of the bottle, and stored it in my belly for safekeeping.

I hear in Australia, they drink only the classiest of wines on the classiest of clotheslines:

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133182 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:54 pm »

* Descan points you at the Canuck Poli thread
You can take your Canadian politics right out the back door, sir. Here in MURICA, we have there bets politics and we like it that way!  :P

((tbh, I hate American Politics. Carry on)).

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133183 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:58 pm »

HEIL CANADA
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133184 on: June 30, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »

I hear in Australia, they drink only the classiest of wines on the classiest of clotheslines

Damn straight!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8877 8878 [8879] 8880 8881 ... 13325