Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8834 8835 [8836] 8837 8838 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757021 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #132525 on: June 22, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »

I once heard a comedian joking about the moral quandary introduced by a chicken omelet (I.E. that you could be eating a mother wrapped in her dead child)
and ever since I have wanted this, along with a side of veal, as part of my complete Evil Overlord Breakfast.

Also, is it weird to want a tiger burger solely because its a ferocious predator and I want to laugh at the food chain while applying my ketchup and mustard?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132526 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:33 pm »

I got money in my steam wallet.

I was saving up for a 3ds, goddamn you Gaben. I regret nothing though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132527 on: June 22, 2014, 06:28:11 pm »

Topic-relevant hi-jack: what is the best thing to put on toast or a sandwich to fill you up for hours? Like, so far I've been doing peanut butter and bananas before or during work or school, but I still am shaking by the end of the workday/schoolday (I refuse to pay the highway robbery cafeteria prices). Should I switch to BLT, or what?
Spam, cheddar cheese, mayo and mustard. Add veggies if you so choose.

* freeformschooler reluctantly accepts this compromise between taste and sustenance
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:33:30 pm by freeformschooler »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #132528 on: June 22, 2014, 06:33:16 pm »

I started off life as the Buddha; even guilt tripping my entire extended family into feeling awful by sadly exclaiming that 'the fish was already dead, why do you have to burn it more?' Amongst other such incredibly moral statements gushing forth from the mouth of a child endeared to all life.

Now I would not blink once at a slaughter house.

Once I no longer physically require protein I shall return to my moral ways. Until then I guess.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132529 on: June 22, 2014, 06:33:43 pm »

I once heard a comedian joking about the moral quandary introduced by a chicken omelet (I.E. that you could be eating a mother wrapped in her dead child)
and ever since I have wanted this, along with a side of veal, as part of my complete Evil Overlord Breakfast.

Also, is it weird to want a tiger burger solely because its a ferocious predator and I want to laugh at the food chain while applying my ketchup and mustard?
Well, chickens don't really have any morals. They'll eat just about anything, including other chickens.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132530 on: June 22, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

Well, chickens don't really have any morals. They'll eat just about anything, including other chickens.
I have heard (but have not confirmed) that they will eat their own eggs sometimes. Which makes a certain amount of sense when it comes to infertile eggs, to get the minerals and protein back.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132531 on: June 22, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »

I have heard (but have not confirmed) that they will eat their own eggs sometimes. Which makes a certain amount of sense when it comes to infertile eggs, to get the minerals and protein back.

It's nasty. I've cleaned off eggs that were caked with the dried yolk the mother chicken splattered everywhere.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #132532 on: June 22, 2014, 07:01:09 pm »

I've only had venison twice in my life, but it was the most delicious meat I've ever had.  And I don't have a problem with hunted meat.
Buffalo. Buffalo tastes very good. And by eating bison, you encourage small bison ranchers, who raise a native species more compatible with the native flora than European-derived cattle.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #132533 on: June 22, 2014, 07:05:26 pm »

Also, if anything Fable 1 had taught me, it is to kick the fucking chicken while yelling out "By the heart of my ax I will destroy you!!!!!".
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #132535 on: June 22, 2014, 07:18:05 pm »

Quote from my physics textbook:
"Portrait of René Descartes by Frans Hals. This proves that you can be a genius even if you look like Mr Bean."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #132536 on: June 22, 2014, 07:20:58 pm »

I started off life as the Buddha; even guilt tripping my entire extended family into feeling awful by sadly exclaiming that 'the fish was already dead, why do you have to burn it more?' Amongst other such incredibly moral statements gushing forth from the mouth of a child endeared to all life.

Now I would not blink once at a slaughter house.

Once I no longer physically require protein I shall return to my moral ways. Until then I guess.

Same here.  I have some relatives who were really into hunting and when I was little, I always wanted to go with them.  Then I was there one night when they brought home the carcasses and I was inconsolable for hours.  I earned the nickname "Chuck the Duck" for forever for the line "Quack quack I'm a duck... please don't kill me!"

Now I'm way more desensitized than most people.  Not that I don't care.  I'm just impossible to shock, and nothing makes me squeamish.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #132537 on: June 22, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »

I am so excited for the Dwarf Fortress army arc.

I've been playing Mount and Blade: Warband recently. It's simultaneously increased my hype for the Army Arc and slaked my thirst for it somewhat. It's amazing.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #132538 on: June 22, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »

Finally at the tail-end of my sickness. YA-*cough*-AY!

Oh, and also got a few items in my wishlist, and a few few multiplayer games to play against my brothers with. I also look forward to any multiplayer events with some of them, like Natural Selection 2. That actually looks fun. Like Unreal meets Starcraft.

EDIT: ↓
Hate to break it to you, but the sale's been going on since Thursday.

(Wasn't being mean or rude; but 9-odd flash sales and such have already passed. The Steam Sale thread might have details on which deals you missed out on. I advise you put away anything you hold dear if you see anything you wanted that you missed.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:32:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132539 on: June 22, 2014, 08:23:55 pm »

It-it's finally here.

Prepare thine wallets.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 8834 8835 [8836] 8837 8838 ... 13325