Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8625 8626 [8627] 8628 8629 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15784634 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan-Pa-Ka-Pan~] Atago's soft "fuel tanks"~ (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #129390 on: May 18, 2014, 04:12:56 pm »

I've gotten two hours of gameplay in the time I've owned it just from the dicking around. It's a game very well suited to that, which is nice. I definitely like it better than 4 so far.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129391 on: May 18, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

So how much of that 10-20 hours is gameplay and how much is shitty cutscenes?
I liked the cutscenes in previous MGS games (except the comic book-style ones in Peace Walker and Portable Ops, but they're handheld games so I can understand having hardware constraints) but Ground Zeroes just has bookends. One intro, one ending. But if you've watched most of the trailers you've already seen all of it. Which is infuriating.

I beat the main mission in a few hours, but I'm a huge fan of MGS and I did a lot of experimenting so I probably could've blown through it in less than 50 minutes if I hadn't messed around. Side missions were uninteresting I couldn't be arsed to finish a single one. Next day I returned it and got Civilization.

Verdict: Good game, but way too short for 40 bucks. Worst game in the franchise, except maybe Portable Ops, which had terrible controls (PSP has no right thumbstick) but led to Peace Walker, my second favorite game in the series, and the original Metal Gears, but those get a pass for being dated.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:18:18 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129392 on: May 18, 2014, 04:15:57 pm »

I have played exactly one MGS game on the Gamecube. That's the extent of my knowledge of the series :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129393 on: May 18, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

I have played exactly one MGS game on the Gamecube. That's the extent of my knowledge of the series :P
I've played MGR:Revengeance and it was amazing. Made me totally want to replace all my muscles with CNTs and then add some nanomachines, son!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129394 on: May 18, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

Was it really good?! I'm not into action games so that's the only Metal Gear I haven't played and completed aside from Acid (which looks cool and I wish I had) I think.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129395 on: May 18, 2014, 05:10:15 pm »

Sat down and read I Am Legend. It was short, interesting, different and perhaps a little bit childishly written in places, but I think it was a good read.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129396 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »

Was it really good?! I'm not into action games so that's the only Metal Gear I haven't played and completed aside from Acid (which looks cool and I wish I had) I think.
Well, it's not exactly a "Metal Gear" game in a sense that there's next to none political and social commentary, the conspiracy is not worldwide, nobody comments on war aside from one short sequence, the villains are actually threatening in combat, everybody's in-game movements are not stiff as a cardboard, there aren't that many cutscenes, nobody has flashbacks and the main character, instead of being sneaky and ruggedly handsome, is pretty like a Final Fantasy antagonist and as awesomely destructive as a a rabid gorilla driving a jet-powered monster truck through an ordnance factory wall on fire and being chased by Hulk on chainsaw waterskis.

But it's a great game with amazing music nonetheless.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:22:29 pm by Knit tie »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129397 on: May 18, 2014, 05:19:34 pm »

I finally rewrote my picture-story in short story format.

It feels amazing to couple drawings with words.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129398 on: May 18, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

Which story is that?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #129399 on: May 18, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »

Well, it's not exactly a "Metal Gear" game in a sense that there's next to none political and social commentary
There's a bit.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129400 on: May 18, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »

Well, it's not exactly a "Metal Gear" game in a sense that there's next to none political and social commentary
There's a bit.
You can't really hear it over all the awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129401 on: May 18, 2014, 05:54:56 pm »

Which story is that?
Something I wrote and coincidentally made art for (well ok no, I made a story from all those random art thingies I drew; now completed all the drawings needed for the tone and wording) and had help from Skyrunner in writing critique and wording editing.

And now I'm happy I could transform it into fully worded project grade (hopefully A) material. :D
Still, when my parents read it. They were *thumbs-up* so I'm happy whatever way.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #129402 on: May 18, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

Two happinesses in one.
A) I'm finally making headway on my "Things I need to watch, seriously if I haven't watched it have no soul" list.
B) I managed to avoid basically everything frozen related until I could see the movie myself.
Judgement on the movie: Really quite good, definitely worth watching, understandably loved, would have been better if it had maybe an extra 20 minutes split between the begging and ending.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129403 on: May 18, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »

There's a bit.
You can't really hear it over all the awesome.
Sounds great. Still hate Raiden though. Forever.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129404 on: May 18, 2014, 06:06:20 pm »

Which story is that?
Something I wrote and coincidentally made art for (well ok no, I made a story from all those random art thingies I drew; now completed all the drawings needed for the tone and wording) and had help from Skyrunner in writing critique and wording editing.

And now I'm happy I could transform it into fully worded project grade (hopefully A) material. :D
Still, when my parents read it. They were *thumbs-up* so I'm happy whatever way.
Now I want to read that story too.

Are you planning on posting it here at all?
Pages: 1 ... 8625 8626 [8627] 8628 8629 ... 13325