Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8601 8602 [8603] 8604 8605 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797521 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan-Pa-Ka-Pan~] Atago's soft "fuel tanks"~ (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #129030 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:13 pm »

I have done nothing of value today.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129031 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

I'm a fan of fuel tanks. And maps.

How about fuel tank maps?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Huh. You know, I've always wanted to live in Russia, and now I have even more reasons to move there!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129032 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:04 pm »

Hey, we can both move to Russia, drink vodka, unintentionally offend the locals and enforce a whole heap of Australian stereotypes! Yay!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129033 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »

Just went from this:
to this:
Much fast. Such internets. Wow.
Now I will draw a radius of 50 miles around Kalamazoo and stalk you relentlessly :P
I'll narrow it down for you. I'm the assistant manager at GameStop in Coldwater. Also, my wife is a very jealous person with access to all of my weapons.
Huh. I have never, ever heard of Coldwater. I always drew a mental parallel at Ann Arbor or maybe Kalamazoo and assumed all of Michigan south of that was either farms or the Whiteflightistan areas of greater Detroit.
It's a small town of 10k people that feels much smaller than it is, although it's growing quickly, mostly due to an influx of hispanic and african-american population.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129034 on: May 13, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »

Just went from this:
to this:
Now I will draw a radius of 50 miles around Kalamazoo and stalk you relentlessly :P
I'll narrow it down for you. I'm the assistant manager at GameStop in Coldwater. Also, my wife is a very jealous person with access to all of my weapons.
Huh. I have never, ever heard of Coldwater. I always drew a mental parallel at Ann Arbor or maybe Kalamazoo and assumed all of Michigan south of that was either farms or the Whiteflightistan areas of greater Detroit.
It's a small town of 10k people that feels much smaller than it is, although it's growing quickly, mostly due to an influx of hispanic and african-american population.
Ah, I live (on the fringes of) a city of 50k that also feels much smaller than it is, and already has plenty of Hispanics and African-Americans.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129035 on: May 13, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

Just went from this:
to this:
Ah, I live (on the fringes of) a city of 50k that also feels much smaller than it is, and already has plenty of Hispanics and African-Americans.
I live in a city in the middle of a valley. It is the largest (and obviously, most dangerous) in my country, with a population of 1 million. There are a lot of Hispanics.
I would expect as such ;P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129036 on: May 13, 2014, 10:44:04 pm »

Hey, we can both move to Russia, drink vodka, unintentionally offend the locals and enforce a whole heap of Australian stereotypes! Yay!
Fuck yeah!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #129037 on: May 13, 2014, 11:09:29 pm »

Public service announcement: those of you who are studying a language may find this useful. I'm about to download Greek and Sanskrit. We'll see how it goes!

(I think, since my book-per-month club is going well and the 52 Books Challenge thread has been pretty popular, a "Learn a Language Challenge 2015" thread might be a fun thing to do next year. I might tackle Finnish.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:13:29 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129038 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:42 pm »

Damn, no hindi.
Though maybe I should learn sanskrit. I've always been curious about what the original texts of these Indian books said.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129039 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:33 pm »

"Firefly."
Oh man, memories of fireflies.

When I was staying with family in the tropical corner of Australia, every night up at the roof there'd be a few fireflies dancing around, and it never failed to awe me. I didn't think fireflies happened in Australia.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129040 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:56 pm »

Damn, no hindi.
Though maybe I should learn sanskrit. I've always been curious about what the original texts of these Indian books said.

Do you know Latin or Greek? Greek and Sanskrit are both Latin on hard mode...Sanskrit isn't really much harder than Greek. Just hard in different ways.

(Also, almost every vowel is a or has an a hiding under the surface. This is hella annoying when you're trying to memorize the endings.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #129041 on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »

Moving my Agora project along. Slowly, I admit, but moving all the same.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129042 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:16 pm »

I was happy to see Irish, as a Celt, but sad that Gàidhlig was not there. Sadness. Sadness.

I sent a message saying "yo gimme dis shit" so hopefully I get a response~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129043 on: May 13, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

Alternatively, I might offer Greek lessons next year in a special lesson thread. That might or might not go anywhere. We'd see. I think it would be fun.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129044 on: May 13, 2014, 11:35:16 pm »

Welp I'm getting Russian and Irish.
Pages: 1 ... 8601 8602 [8603] 8604 8605 ... 13325