Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8232 8233 [8234] 8235 8236 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760637 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #123495 on: March 09, 2014, 11:48:06 am »

Could that be in any way connected to the fact you're the only male child? (not sure if you are, but you did mention having a lot of sisters)

And in happy news, took a rather long walk/cofee with a couple of friends, an amazing day for said walk, properly tired right now.
I am the youngest of 5, my oldest brother being 15 years older than me. My parents also did foster care (hence the many sisters), with for years me being the only biological child still living with them.

Spoiling me a little might have been inevitable >.<

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123496 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

Merlin is a great TV show.  It is really, really good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123497 on: March 09, 2014, 01:01:35 pm »

Is that the one I'm thinking of, where Merlin is a young dude who works as Prince/King Arthur's squire/servant?
If so, I liked it too until I missed some episodes and stopped watching. :) It was kinda... I dunno, cheesy, and it took a lot of liberties with the legend it's based on, but it was oddly charming in its own way.
...Now I kind of want to know what happens after where I stopped watching.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123498 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:05 pm »

Went to the laundromat(asshole stepdad broke the washing machine again). Found $6 in the machine I used.

Granted, that was after I used it, so it was all soggy, but it wasn't money that was originally in my pocket(and is now).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123499 on: March 09, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »

Is that the one I'm thinking of, where Merlin is a young dude who works as Prince/King Arthur's squire/servant?
If so, I liked it too until I missed some episodes and stopped watching. :) It was kinda... I dunno, cheesy, and it took a lot of liberties with the legend it's based on, but it was oddly charming in its own way.
...Now I kind of want to know what happens after where I stopped watching.

Lancelot was a French invention, and pretty much all retellings of the Arthurian myths ignore things like that shining armor wasn't even a thing yet--even Mallory has anachronisms.  Personally, I feel like you can do just about anything with the King Arthur myths >_>  They're something of an internally contradictory, messy playground mashed up of various mythologies (what happened to the pagan magic of the early stories, the dragons and all that, that ceded to the Christian grail quest?  King Pellinore's weird-ass quest beast?  etc.).  So, in this case, I feel that because the general role of the characters is about the same or expanded, it's fun--and besides, the early part of the series is really just setting up the grounds for the actual action of the myths, anyhow.  I'm not really fond of straight adaptations in general, besides.

Anyway, that said, >_< I agree that the early episodes were pretty predictable and cheesy--frankly bad, and utterly formulaic--but by episode 7 I was hooked.  Every episode develops characters, provides foreshadowing for the main body of the tale, and gives a surprising amount of development of background.  Back when I thought it was all a monster-of-the-week type deal I didn't like it very much, but now that I can see what's going on, it's great!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123500 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:12 pm »

I am the youngest of 5, my oldest brother being 15 years older than me. My parents also did foster care (hence the many sisters), with for years me being the only biological child still living with them.

Spoiling me a little might have been inevitable >.<
Woah, same, except for the foster care part.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123501 on: March 09, 2014, 01:46:48 pm »

My happy: white chocolate. Om nom nom nom. Best chocolate.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #123502 on: March 09, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »

I ate some Ritter Sport white chocolate with whole hazelnuts yesterday. It was divine.

Tho white chocolate alone can be a tad strong for my tastes.

Milk and dark chocolate FTW!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123503 on: March 09, 2014, 01:58:06 pm »

... One Way Heroic's romance subplot, small though it seems to be, made me happy today ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123504 on: March 09, 2014, 02:25:01 pm »

King Pellinore's weird-ass quest beast?
Quest Beast is best beast! Pellinore's story was always my favorite part of T.H. White's version.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123505 on: March 09, 2014, 02:38:14 pm »

King Pellinore's weird-ass quest beast?
Quest Beast is best beast! Pellinore's story was always my favorite part of T.H. White's version.
I personally prefer his handling of Lancelot :V

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123506 on: March 09, 2014, 02:45:33 pm »

Oh, Kanye.

Of all the celebrities who I hate for making fat stacks off being charismatic but retarded, he should be at the top, but I can't hate him because everything he does is like a comedy routine. He's basically a walking parody of airhead celebrities at this point.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123507 on: March 09, 2014, 02:51:58 pm »

Oh, Kanye.

Of all the celebrities who I hate for making fat stacks off being charismatic but retarded, he should be at the top, but I can't hate him because everything he does is like a comedy routine. He's basically a walking parody of airhead celebrities at this point.

Isn't he the one who responded to people condemning him for woman-beating with the fact he had a grammy or something?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #123508 on: March 09, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

Chris somethingsomething was the wife-beater. And I'm fairly sure it's his fans that make those stupid excuses.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123509 on: March 09, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

Oh, Kanye.

Isn't he the one who responded to people condemning him for woman-beating with the fact he had a grammy or something?
Wouldn't surprise me.

He compared Nike sponsoring him to the Medicis supporting Michelangelo, while simultaneously ripping on corporations like Nike for brainwashing the nation. He named his daughter "North" for a pun he presumably thinks is clever ("North West", get it?). He stated that black people have to find family in the hip-hop community because their real families don't have money... because "we ain't Jewish". He took the mic from Taylor Swift. He got his feelings hurt when South Park called him a "gay fish", while Carlos Mencia, who was graphically murdered on screen in the same episode, said he thought it was funny.

It goes on and on.

Also, Chris Brown. "Did Chris Brown beat Rihanna, or did Rihanna get too close while Chris was dancing? I dunno, I wasn't there. What I do know is that this guy loves to jump up, do a roundhouse kick for absolutely no reason at all!"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 8232 8233 [8234] 8235 8236 ... 13325