Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8148 8149 [8150] 8151 8152 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757927 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122235 on: February 19, 2014, 05:00:15 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122236 on: February 19, 2014, 05:53:57 am »

It is possible to hide text from the quote function.

Here's an idea. Can anyone think of a way to have text show in the post, but be hidden when someone tries to quote it. (Not in the actual quote post, but in the post reply window.) That would be really cool
(EDIT: Dammit, wrong post parity.)

By the way:
Try this hidden message on for size.
You haven't found the real hidden message yet, it's a 9-letter word :P

Images are just cheating.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #122237 on: February 19, 2014, 06:03:29 am »

Dust: An Elysian Tail is the most ridiculous and fun game I have played in a good while.  It's got its flaws for sure, but it's the closest thing I've found to a video game that feels like animoo.
Do you deliberately choose avatars that are easily mistakable pictures of food? I thought the current one was a croqn of some sort :(

141 replies to the census so far! Sitting at 8% error rate, 95% confidence, and if I somehow manage to get 250 more replies it'll reach 5% error rate!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #122238 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:02 am »

When are you expecting to post results? I love graphs and I cannot lie ^.^

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122239 on: February 19, 2014, 07:07:04 am »

... has... has someone actually done a full conversion of that thing for statistics? Pie chart in your face you get sprung, etc.?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #122240 on: February 19, 2014, 07:07:49 am »

When are you expecting to post results? I love graphs and I cannot lie ^.^
Probably in a few days. I've yet to see if Toady is ok with me posting the census thread in FGRP or Other Games.

Ideally I'd wait until I had 5% error rate on most questions, but I might not get enough samples for that to happen.

... has... has someone actually done a full conversion of that thing for statistics? Pie chart in your face you get sprung, etc.?
What do you mean? O.o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122241 on: February 19, 2014, 07:12:34 am »

What do you mean? O.o
Dutchling was referencing the song "Baby Got Back", by Sir Mix-a-Lot (intentionally or not, I'unno.). I was wondering if a bored statistician had done appropriate word replacement, yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122242 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:11 am »

Dust: An Elysian Tail is the most ridiculous and fun game I have played in a good while.  It's got its flaws for sure, but it's the closest thing I've found to a video game that feels like animoo.
Ooh, yes. I had a lot of fun with it too; I thought that the flow of the mechanics was very well done. Then there's the art~

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #122243 on: February 19, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »

Tehehe, reading about late 19th/early 20th century "bayonet reach" problem makes me giggle.

There's just something about imagining old, grey haired generals sporting Franz-Joseph mustache and a monocle going "What? The French put an epee on their rifles?! Well, we better make our barrels longer then!"

Ah, those gay 1900s.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:15:44 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #122244 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:48 pm »

It was a queer age, that's for sure.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #122245 on: February 19, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »

I'm starting to get the hang of gravy ramen. This is some delicious stuff, although atrociously unhealthy. So I'll have to stop tomorrow, after I'm able to go grocery shopping.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122246 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:48 pm »

Do you deliberately choose avatars that are easily mistakable pictures of food? I thought the current one was a croqn of some sort :(

A-a crown :?  Nooo.... but I've had this one since new year's so you're giving me ideas...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122247 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »

Like croquettes? I think you should put a quiche up. It's perceived as this girly and kind of weak food, but what lies beneath is actually the ultimate badass fuel.

Anyway, I had a really good day. It's always a good feeling to be able to absolutely annihilate your goals. More than double, in this case. I put up 40% of my department's budget by myself today. In four hours.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #122248 on: February 19, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »

I think you should put a quiche up. It's perceived as this girly and kind of weak food, but what lies beneath is actually the ultimate badass fuel.
It's eggs and cheese wrapped in pastry. I've never understood how that can be taken to be anything but badass fuel. Such protein.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122249 on: February 19, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »

I think you should put a quiche up. It's perceived as this girly and kind of weak food, but what lies beneath is actually the ultimate badass fuel.
It's eggs and cheese wrapped in pastry. I've never understood how that can be taken to be anything but badass fuel. Such protein.
Also bacon and sausage. It's traditionally served with beer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 8148 8149 [8150] 8151 8152 ... 13325