Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7939 7940 [7941] 7942 7943 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786232 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119100 on: January 06, 2014, 09:22:16 pm »

So you know how NVidia's cool new hardware feature is monitors with "G-sync?" One which requires a special chip in the monitor and an NVidia GPU to improve the appearance of choppy framerate?

Yeah, AMD is laughing their asses off now. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7641/amd-demonstrates-freesync-free-gsync-alternative-at-ces-2014
Turns out, most monitors already support that without the special hardware, and all AMD GPUs already have driver support for it. They've named it in a tongue-in-cheek manner: "Free-Sync."

Also, earlier today, NVidia announced their new Tegra K1 chipset, which looks pretty nifty. It's a mobile device chipset with hardware comparable to that of the XBox360 and the PS3. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7622/nvidia-tegra-k1

Also, a presentation of a massive, curved monitor, in which Michael Bay's teleprompter dies, he gets super-nervous, and walks off stage after about 4 lines: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5281542/watch-michael-bay-melt-down-onstage-at-ces
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:31:14 pm by alway »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119101 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:59 pm »

I finally installed my video card driver last night, because I had no idea it hadn't gotten done.

Holy.  Shit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119102 on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:05 pm »

I finally installed my video card driver last night, because I had no idea it hadn't gotten done.

Holy.  Shit.
My god. It's full of graphics!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119103 on: January 06, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »

Holy.  Shit.
Which card? It can make a substantial difference (obviously.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119104 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:23 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119105 on: January 06, 2014, 10:11:18 pm »

This one :I
Yeah, that's a pretty big difference. I use this, myself. Basically the same card, just a different manufacturer. Skyrim @ 60+ FPS, yo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #119106 on: January 06, 2014, 10:25:50 pm »

Went skiing with family, and got back safely before the BRUTAL COLD OF COLDNESS set in.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #119107 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:24 pm »

I may or may not have convinced my parents to get a shiba inu for their next family dog. They've shown interest in finding a local adoption center or a breeder or something. Even my dad sounds cool with it, and he's been a hardcore labrador retriever fan for years.

Much wow. Very happeh. It'd be even better if I weren't inevitably going to college or moving out in the next couple years.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #119108 on: January 07, 2014, 12:34:15 am »

A week or two of Minecrafting has transitioned my brain over from "I'm going to play vidja games and be depressed" to "Minecraft is making my brain bored, I need to do something; time to watch huge quantities of video lectures online." Time to devour some maths. :3

Woo, 3 month mood-cycles. Seriously, I think 80% of my learning happens during this part of each roughly 3 month time period.

Edit: :O Why did my calculus professors never explain things as well as these KhanAcademy lectures. These topics are super useful and relevant to my major, and I don't think we even went over partial derivatives or gradients! I've even implemented things from papers using these topics; but never actually seen the math behind them. >_>
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:46:00 am by alway »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119109 on: January 07, 2014, 12:52:31 am »

Good times, that. I should watch more math lectures. I've never come away from one disappointed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119110 on: January 07, 2014, 12:53:06 am »

I may or may not have convinced my parents to get a shiba inu for their next family dog. They've shown interest in finding a local adoption center or a breeder or something. Even my dad sounds cool with it, and he's been a hardcore labrador retriever fan for years.

Much wow. Very happeh. It'd be even better if I weren't inevitably going to college or moving out in the next couple years.

Shiba's are expert level dogs. I hope you guys are prepared.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119111 on: January 07, 2014, 12:54:27 am »

A week or two of Minecrafting has transitioned my brain over from "I'm going to play vidja games and be depressed" to "Minecraft is making my brain bored, I need to do something; time to watch huge quantities of video lectures online." Time to devour some maths. :3

Woo, 3 month mood-cycles. Seriously, I think 80% of my learning happens during this part of each roughly 3 month time period.

Edit: :O Why did my calculus professors never explain things as well as these KhanAcademy lectures. These topics are super useful and relevant to my major, and I don't think we even went over partial derivatives or gradients! I've even implemented things from papers using these topics; but never actually seen the math behind them. >_>

Is that normal?  I seem to go through a similar pattern.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119112 on: January 07, 2014, 12:54:55 am »

Shiba's are expert level dogs. I hope you guys are prepared.
So doge. Much challenge. Many task.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119113 on: January 07, 2014, 01:58:20 am »

Kinda cool like how all the people who played Nintendo games as a kid grew up and made cool stuff based on those very games. The amount of effort people spend recapturing their childhood happiness is outstanding.

Over time, I've come to believe the secret to happiness is creation. I have never seen anyone happier than when they're immersed in their own creations. Why do you think kids seem so happy and carefree? To them, the entire world has limitless possibilities. Over time, as our brains mature, the world seems to shrink around us. The best way to recapture that feeling of infinite possibility is production.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #119114 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:54 am »

Found ASoIaF fanfic!
It's good!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7939 7940 [7941] 7942 7943 ... 13325