Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7640 7641 [7642] 7643 7644 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760213 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114615 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:01 pm »

I'm wearing fleece penguin pajama pants!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114616 on: October 18, 2013, 10:44:46 pm »

Parking: $8
Admission: $13
Ride tickets: $10

Watching my daughter on her first Ferris wheel ride: Priceless.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114617 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:49 pm »

$13 admission? Damn, whatever amusement park you went to is cheap compared to the one I used to live nearby. ~$50 admission (though free rides all day).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114618 on: October 18, 2013, 10:56:29 pm »

Probably a state fair, given the past conversation and the cheapness.

I remember my first state fair. You could see chunks of rust flaking off of the roller coaster as the cars wobbled back and forth on the way up the first incline. A couple shitheads three times my age made fun of me for about an hour. I got lucky and nearly pushed one into a bumper car pit. I learned that centrifugal force is a lie. I watched people eat ice cream cones the size of their heads. All for the low low price of sneaking in through the maze of employee trailers in the back. Bliss~

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114619 on: October 18, 2013, 11:03:39 pm »

Yup, NC State Fair. (BTW MetalSlimeHunt, the mountain people say hi. Or more accurately hey y'all.)

I miss the days when state fairs had honest-to-god roller coasters instead of just assorted human centrifuges. I love roller coasters. Not so keen on having my lunch forcibly sorted into a density gradient.

I also spent $15 trying to win a stuffed animal for her at the midway before a carnie took pity and let her pick out a small stuffed turtle. It was a good teachable moment about scams and things not being what they claim, like the snake lady or the ape girl or the world's tiniest horse. It was kind of like the Internet projected into the real world.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114620 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:56 pm »

Yup, NC State Fair. (BTW MetalSlimeHunt, the mountain people say hi. Or more accurately hey y'all.)
Damn clingy mountain folk. I leave for three days and they start clamoring for my return.

At least I can communicate with them now. The first few times I heard the pseudo-Scottish horror that is the Appalachia accent threw me for quite a loop.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114621 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:15 pm »

She's totally out of my league

No she isn't.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114622 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:46 pm »

Hm, my first account is 4 pages in, and it's a 404 because Wizards of the Coast has gone through something like 4 or 5 forum upgrades since I last logged in. Haha, that's what happens when you name yourself after Arda's primary antagonist.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #114623 on: October 18, 2013, 11:33:10 pm »

Got involved in an international business.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #114624 on: October 18, 2013, 11:36:41 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114625 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:19 pm »

Which one, drug dealing? Gun running? Slave trade? Smuggling tiger penises out of Vietnam?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114626 on: October 18, 2013, 11:40:51 pm »

Which one, drug dealing? Gun running? Slave trade? Smuggling tiger penises out of Vietnam?
Seriously? Obviously all of them.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114627 on: October 18, 2013, 11:43:19 pm »

So, to get this straight, you've got slaves smuggling tiger penises hidden inside bags of cocaine, for which you are paid in guns that you then sell to various warlords. Are you Nicolas Cage? Because I think we've got a movie sequel on our hands.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #114628 on: October 18, 2013, 11:45:01 pm »

You guys were close. Advertising.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114629 on: October 18, 2013, 11:55:28 pm »

You guys were close. Advertising.
You monster.

Pages: 1 ... 7640 7641 [7642] 7643 7644 ... 13325