Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7616 7617 [7618] 7619 7620 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760680 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114255 on: October 12, 2013, 11:56:10 am »

Silent Hill Downpour! :)

Heard it's good relative to other new Silent Hills.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114256 on: October 12, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »

Have some deadly humour.

It really made me giggle.
Those are terrible. Why do I find them funny?
They're dad jokes. So lame you can't help but giggle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114257 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:31 pm »

It still doesn't make any sense. >_>

She's a semi-sentient mining robot who was sent back in time due to some time shenanigans, ended up in Merethic Era (the era before the first) Skyrim, was sealed under Saarthal by Ysgramor out of revenge for taking some of the Dumb Old Giant's power and mystery, then later took the chance at getting revenge on Ysgramor (using the humans as a proxy) by becoming the leader of the first Aldmeri Dominion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #114258 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

It still doesn't make any sense. >_>
It's Elder Scrolls stuff, don't even try.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #114259 on: October 12, 2013, 02:24:08 pm »

Have some deadly humour.

Makes me think of Pictures for Sad Children, and comics that tend to be like that.

Now if only more of those funny comics would show up, perhaps to-marrow...
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114260 on: October 12, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

Have some deadly humour.

Makes me think of Pictures for Sad Children, and comics that tend to be like that.

Now if only more of those funny comics would show up, perhaps to-marrow...
Are you kidney me? That was terrible.
* Sirus shoots self for even worse joke
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114261 on: October 12, 2013, 02:54:44 pm »

There's a hawk living practically in my back yard and it's screaming at something.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114262 on: October 12, 2013, 02:55:59 pm »

There's a hawk living practically in my back yard and it's screaming at something.

i assume it's screaming at you for sitting around on the internet while you have a whole hawk to embrace freedom with

take advantage of the situation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114263 on: October 12, 2013, 03:36:56 pm »

Don't, uh. Don't actually try to embrace the hawk, though.

That would possibly end with your precious skin in several different places, none of which include you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114264 on: October 12, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »

Apparently Jesus Christ Superstar got a theatrical updoot in 2000. :O

Comparison time!
1973 Judas | 2000 Judas
This is a toss up. Old Judas' performance was angry, embittered, and powerful. Given the era it was filmed in, I read a few more layers of meaning and emotion into it too. The new one was a more concerned, desperate, broken character, though... and I kind of like seeing him in that light. I think I liked how it was framed in the original, with Judas at a distance and stalking off, rather than the song being cast as Judas' internal monologue and/or some kind of montage happening over time. I did like that they changed "I am frightened by the crowd / for we are getting much to loud." to "...and our conquerors object / to another noisy sect." The rhyme is sharper, and just fits better. (EDIT: Oh man... I just got what Judas meant when he said "We are occupied! Have you forgotten how put down we are?" and gives the pollice verso. Dude. Also, I suppose the original lyrics about "the crowd" might have been carefully chosen after all.)

1973 Jesus | 2000 Jesus
It's really hard to top the original performance here... that voice and performance and scenery combined was just incredible. And though the new one was a great vocalist too, he... sounded a bit too whiny, I guess? And I don't like how strictly he followed the meter of the song, which costs the song a lot of potential emotion. It felt less like soul-searching, and more like giving up.

1973 Caiaphas et al | 2000 Caiaphas et al
I really love the set design in the modern one, and the singers are a good bit stronger too. Maybe a bit more flat and villainous in their presentation, though, which makes it harder to see how they were trying to save the Jews from Jesus, and the risk his sweeping fandom posed to them all. I do kinda miss the image of shirtless beardy men in gigantic swirly hats, singing and clinging to a gigantic wooden scaffold, though. Both have their merits.

Herod 1973 | Herod 2000
I... am pretty much unavailable for comment. Both of these are too amazing.

EDIT: Damnit, now I want to livestream musicals again. >:(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:19:33 pm by Solifuge »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114265 on: October 12, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »

Today I figured out what notes I should play when I try to do this song on guitar. Now all I need to do is practice so that I can play it without any errors!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #114266 on: October 12, 2013, 04:16:10 pm »

Apparently Jesus Christ Superstar got a theatrical updoot in 2000. :O

Comparison time!
1973 Judas | 2000 Judas
This is a toss up. Old Judas' performance was angry, embittered, and powerful. Given the era it was filmed in, I read a few more layers of meaning and emotion into it too. The new one was a more concerned, desperate, broken character, though... and I kind of like seeing him in that light. I think I liked how it was framed in the original, with Judas at a distance and stalking off, rather than the song being cast as Judas' internal monologue and/or some kind of montage happening over time. I did like that they changed "I am frightened by the crowd / for we are getting much to loud." to "...and our conquerors object / to another noisy sect." The rhyme is sharper, and just fits better.

1973 Jesus | 2000 Jesus
It's really hard to top the original performance here... that voice and performance and scenery combined was just incredible. And though the new one was a great vocalist too, he... sounded a bit too whiny, I guess? And I don't like how strictly he followed the meter of the song, which costs the song a lot of potential emotion. It felt less like soul-searching, and more like giving up.

1973 Caiaphas et al | 2000 Caiaphas et al
I really love the set design in the modern one, and the singers are a good bit stronger too. Maybe a bit more flat and villainous in their presentation, though, which makes it harder to see how they were trying to save the Jews from Jesus, and the risk his sweeping fandom posed to them all. I do kinda miss the image of shirtless beardy men in gigantic swirly hats, singing and clinging to a gigantic wooden scaffold, though. Both have their merits.

Herod 1973 | Herod 2000
I... am pretty much unavailable for comment. Both of these are too amazing.

:)) I grew up listening to the original 1970 album and watching the 2000 direct-to-DVD version. I've only seen clips of the 1973 movie in recent years, but I wouldn't object to watching it. (1973 certainly seems sillier than 2000.) I actually haven't listened to the 1970 album in quite a while, but that's because my mind tends to default to those versions, when I much prefer the 2000 versions (I just like the way they're performed better.) And without a doubt the 2000 movie contains none of the cheese 1973 movie does (well, except for Herod, but that's required by law).

Yes, the whole thing is very much depicted as the story of Judas. The special features for the DVD say as much, from what I recall.

I don't think I've seen the 1973 version of Gethsemane, so I'm of course partial to 2000. Different from the '70 album at least is how quiet he gets at "then, I was inspired". That, I think, is my favorite part.

I love the 2000 version of "This Jesus Must Die" by far. It's a more upbeat version of the song, and I think it fits much better.

Fun fact: The 1973 "King Herod's Song" features a Weird Al lookalike on piano (watch at the beginning, with the shots of everybody turning to camera and gasping. Lookalike is one of them.)
Fun fact: The 2000 Herod was to be the poltergeist in the first Harry Potter film, but those scenes were cut.

And to close off this bit of geeking-out, you'd be remiss to not watch Damned for All Time, every Pilate song, and... you know what, just spend a couple hours and watch the whole 2000 movie. :D

(One thing the 1973 movie undoubtedly does have over the 2000 movie is Then We Are Decided. If only...)

EDIT: And also, leaving Jesus on the cross as they pack up and go. The 1973 movie has that too :)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114267 on: October 12, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »

EDIT: Damnit, now I want to livestream musicals again. >:(

Holy crap, why have I never seen these before.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114268 on: October 12, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »

Does this mean I'm streaming Jesus Christ Superstar tonight? :I

Also:
every Pilate song
Quote from: Youtube
Can we all just take a second to appreciate
1. His face.
2. His body.
3. His voice.
4. THE FACT THAT HE HAS A RIDING CROP IN BED WITH HIM.

Oh, Youtube comments.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114269 on: October 12, 2013, 04:50:41 pm »

So, our office is relocating, and today I drove down to the new location. It's soooo cool. The new office is pretty much the only office in the area, and is located in the middle of a big shopping plaza type area, with all sorts of shops, restaurants, and places to hang out. Oh, and it overlooks a live music venue which plays every friday. In addition to the place being awesome, the commute is the most picturesque thing ever. Sure, it's nearly twice as long, but it goes through beautiful rolling hills, over a lake, past a state park, and through one of the highest property value places in Austin, consisting of rolling hills with scenic views going on for miles. To give an idea of how high the property values of the area are, I even caught a glimpse of a private helicopter parked at one of the houses. It's just one long, half hour trip from scenic overlook to scenic overlook, all the way to work. Even get a great shot of downtown Austin between a couple hills at one point. And the traffic through the area will be almost nonexistent in the mornings, as opposed to the near-gridlock we currently endure every day.
Pages: 1 ... 7616 7617 [7618] 7619 7620 ... 13325