Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7611 7612 [7613] 7614 7615 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766866 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114180 on: October 10, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »

I typed S into google and the first suggestion was Saltybets. Either Google has a new mind reading feature, or this thing is going to be the death of quite a few people.
It's somewhat based on your search history.
But but but. I haven't searched for it before (Or any other website where you bet on Videogame fights)

On a side note, I think that Gray Fox (From Metal Gear Solid, not the Elder Scrolls IV) Should be on Saltybets sometime. Then I'll watch it.
And on your browser history as well. If you've been to a page before it's more likely to be at the top of a search, IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114181 on: October 10, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »

Why do we not have a Salty Bet thread yet?
Probably because there's not really enough to it to constitute a thread, t'be honest. For all its glory and splendiferous awe, it's fairly shallow and there's not terribly much to talk about regarding it. Just enough passing emotion to occasionally coagulate E: crystallize* into an emotion thread post.

*Fixed for salt.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:12:48 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114182 on: October 10, 2013, 10:42:38 pm »

I'd say there's plenty of high-level salty play involved. Tier lists and things.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114183 on: October 10, 2013, 10:55:03 pm »

I'd say there's plenty of high-level salty play involved. Tier lists and things.
Each character has it's own AI patterns, attacks (each with their own chance of being chosen, their own hit box, damage, etc), sprite size, and randomness. I've heard of people with huge spreadsheets that they check for each match, trying to find that one 1000:1 match that has a decent chance to end in an upset.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #114184 on: October 10, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »

I'm just feeling happy.
Maybe it's the fact that I can freely leave my house by car as opposed to having to have a person 21 or older in the car with me at all times.
Just makes me feel really free, besides the fact that I actually haven't gone anywhere yet :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114185 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »

Successfully managed to dissuade myself from eating rotten food.  Big step.  Good job, Vector~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114186 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »

Been a hell of a week. Everyone rushing to get things done for CitizenCon, the company get-together and general gathering for the 1 year anniversary of the announcement of Star Citizen. The art summit, consisting of a good dozen or so companies' art teams working on Star Citizen, all meeting up to discuss general arty-things (I didn't go to that, as I had things to do). Fans sent more booze and about 3 dozen tins of cookies; there is now a place in the office called 'the wall of cookies,' consisting of boxes containing tins of cookies stacked to the ceiling. Yesterday there were even Dip'n'Dots. Today was CitizenCon proper, starting with dozens of fans wandering around the office, pizza, subs, and moar cookies. This was followed by a trip to The Alamo Drafthouse, a dinner & movie sort of place; all of which was paid for. We had a livestream of it, but apparently the fans singing happy birthday to someone resulted in youtube stopping the stream for copyright reasons; which is kind of hilarious and Orwellian at the same time. Technical problems generally plagued everything, but it was still a hell of a good time; then finished off with a viewing of that terrible Wing Commander movie. I wandered on home after that, though many of the others went on to an afterparty of sorts in one of the other venues on Austin's famous 6th street.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:31:28 pm by alway »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114187 on: October 10, 2013, 11:30:55 pm »

Successfully managed to dissuade myself from eating rotten food.  Big step.  Good job, Vector~
Well done. Rotten food is generally no good for you. Especially when someone tells you it is. Looking at you, Sweden.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114188 on: October 11, 2013, 12:06:54 am »

Thank you.

*nod*

I also cleaned out all the rotten food from my fridge, even the stuff I probably could have eaten but *shouldn't* have (floppy carrots, I'm looking at you!) and started defrosting it.  After I finish my 100% non-rotten dinner I'm going to go do the dishes, tidy up my room, and finish hauling up the last three boxes of books.  Then I'll read some more Wuthering Heights and go to bed.  RESPONSIBLE ADULT
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114189 on: October 11, 2013, 12:59:58 am »

I know exactly how I am going to spend the weekend. I am going to move into the good room. I have had months to do it, I've just been too lazy to decide it was warranted. But it'll be a good way to give this one a much-needed cleaning, sort through crap I don't need, and get a desk instead of this damnable, if reliable, folding table!

And I have a big pile of delicious, nutritious food, to boot. Pasta, with all the vegetables, all day erry day. The whole grain stuff was on sale, so why not stock up I figured. And a bunch of chai to drink.

EDIT: Maybe I should throw out the last couple carrots from the old bag, they've gone pretty floppy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114190 on: October 11, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

On a side note, I think that Gray Fox (From Metal Gear Solid, not the Elder Scrolls IV) Should be on Saltybets sometime. Then I'll watch it.
What if you had the Metal Gear Gray Fox fight the Elder Scrolls Gray Fox?
Who would you vote for?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #114191 on: October 11, 2013, 02:18:59 am »

What if you had the Metal Gear Gray Fox fight the Elder Scrolls Gray Fox?
Who would you vote for?
<bad joke>
Depends on the sound they make, I guess.
</bad joke>

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #114192 on: October 11, 2013, 02:34:03 am »

Thank you.

*nod*

I also cleaned out all the rotten food from my fridge, even the stuff I probably could have eaten but *shouldn't* have (floppy carrots, I'm looking at you!) and started defrosting it.  After I finish my 100% non-rotten dinner I'm going to go do the dishes, tidy up my room, and finish hauling up the last three boxes of books.  Then I'll read some more Wuthering Heights and go to bed.  RESPONSIBLE ADULT

Heh, I on the other hand have a food-safety OCD. If I ever suspect that particular foodstuff is spoiled, I will:
a) Ignore it if it's not obviously spoiled
b) Throw it out at escape velocity

And I compulsively cut out all the anomalous bits from fruits and vegetables.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114193 on: October 11, 2013, 08:08:29 am »

Heh, I on the other hand have a food-safety OCD. If I ever suspect that particular foodstuff is spoiled, I will:
a) Ignore it if it's not obviously spoiled
b) Throw it out at escape velocity

Don't forget the third option:

c) Let it sit there another week or two until I know it's rotten.

I really need to clean out my fridge, it's not much but the little biomes growing inside the jars need to go.  At least they're contained but they're right in your face when the door opens.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114194 on: October 11, 2013, 09:36:49 am »

I've just seen the movie "Blue is the warmest color", and I don't even know if I should post here or in the "sad" forum.

It's quite devastating, though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:42:30 am by Inarius »
Pages: 1 ... 7611 7612 [7613] 7614 7615 ... 13325