Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7509 7510 [7511] 7512 7513 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15739403 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112650 on: September 12, 2013, 06:59:04 am »

She's about to devour your juicy mortal flesh and she is damn happy about it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112651 on: September 12, 2013, 07:21:46 am »

... you know about balance and ruin, right? Pretty sure you do, but... have to make sure.

Yeah, I actually downloaded it the moment it became available. My first initial listenthrough of it though left me very underwhelmed through. I feel a lot of the remixes took too many artistic liberties with the original pieces, which in turn undermined the simple, powerful melodies that were the spine of each song. Some of the remixes, I can't even tell what the original song was supposed to be!

It's like a beautiful ballerina that entertains you, but someone wants to improve the ballerina so they start having her wear bells and blow whistles, puts jing-jangles on her shoes and symbol-clappers between her thighs, and they just keep adding and adding and adding more things, until she resembles the Terry Crews Music Machine. It's entertaining in it's own right, sure, but the original charm has been removed and replaced with something else.

Balance and Ruin is just it's own boatload of differing opinions and tastes rolled into a giant album the likes of which maybe never be seen again.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:31:54 am by JoshuaFH »

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #112652 on: September 12, 2013, 07:41:37 am »

Balance and Ruin is just it's own boatload of differing opinions and tastes rolled into a giant album the likes of which maybe never be seen again.
Couldn't agree more. I found that especially many of the more electronic music-style songs were very jarring after something with "real" instruments.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112653 on: September 12, 2013, 07:52:56 am »

I'm guessing ocremix just generally isn't for you, then.  I freaking love it.  Only one song on the whole project that I don't like.  I appreciate the artistic license.  Sometimes it gives me new perspective on an old work.  Like the Mt Koltz track.  Completely unexpected take, but it totally fit the nature of the source material.  Otherwise, I just want something that tugs at those nostalgia strings while also being fresh and exciting at the same time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112654 on: September 12, 2013, 08:26:30 am »

I'm guessing ocremix just generally isn't for you, then.  I freaking love it.  Only one song on the whole project that I don't like.  I appreciate the artistic license.  Sometimes it gives me new perspective on an old work.  Like the Mt Koltz track.  Completely unexpected take, but it totally fit the nature of the source material.  Otherwise, I just want something that tugs at those nostalgia strings while also being fresh and exciting at the same time.

Ocremix does do alot of awesome, unbelievable stuff. Then there's also alot of stuff that's like "Uh, oh, man, what am I listening to even?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112655 on: September 12, 2013, 08:35:21 am »

I like em too, even if the name is something of a misnomer nowadays.
Nah. Their rage is funny, and well meaning.
I was more referring to how there are now Three Best Friends and One Rising Superstar :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #112656 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:28 am »

Nothing's ever quite topped the original version of Devil's Lab for me. It's just so perfect.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112657 on: September 12, 2013, 10:35:44 am »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #112658 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:30 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia
For instance, Rary was a low-level wizard created by Brian Blume and played only until he reached 3rd-level, at which point Blume retired him, having reached his objective, which was to be able to introduce his character as "Medium Rary".
Proof that gamers never change.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112660 on: September 12, 2013, 11:10:46 am »

Because steampunk = sticking extraneous gears and pipes on things.

@Kadzar: What is the source for that piece of text?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #112661 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:55 am »

It's not quite the Wikipedia article on Rary, although it's very close.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112662 on: September 12, 2013, 11:17:15 am »

Yeah, if anything, that looks more like clockpunk :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112663 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:13 am »

Because steampunk = sticking extraneous gears and pipes on things.

The aesthetics of steampunk? Yeah that is what I think of at least. Lots of cogs, lots of brass, lots of brown and maybe a dash of the victorian era. And as we all know, my definition of things is the only one that matters :) Also they are cute so shush.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112664 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:21 am »

Pages: 1 ... 7509 7510 [7511] 7512 7513 ... 13325