Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7341 7342 [7343] 7344 7345 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768160 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110130 on: July 26, 2013, 11:02:42 pm »

I won't be happy until we get Left 4 Dead^2.
I prefer Left^Dead. Because read out loud it's "Left" to the power of "Dead" ha ha bad math joke ha.
Well, my joke is that Left 4 Dead^2 would be Left 4 Dead 4.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110131 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

No, it would be Left 16 Dead.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110132 on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:32 pm »

Well, of course. The protagonists of Left 4 Dead 1, 2, and 3 all meet up with a fourth group.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #110133 on: July 26, 2013, 11:15:05 pm »

In other not-undead news there's a giant thunderstorm outside. That's awesome, because not only is it raining but there's GIANT BOLTS OF LIGHTNING and GARGANTUAN PEALS OF THUNDER which is not that common in Texas, because, y'know, it's Texas.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110134 on: July 26, 2013, 11:16:52 pm »

Surely it would be Left 4 DeadDead?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #110135 on: July 26, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

Spoiler: Before optimizing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After optimizing (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110136 on: July 27, 2013, 12:07:04 am »

You made it think faster!? :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #110137 on: July 27, 2013, 12:15:47 am »

You made it think faster!? :D
I'm not sure if it's faster, but it sure did think less hard :P Did less work, it did.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110138 on: July 27, 2013, 12:20:10 am »

This afternoon I read 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and 'A Study in Scarlet', both for the first time.
I almost forgot how good it feels to sit down and read a book through in one sitting. And then doing it again.
Oh and also while I was reading in a café an old man started talking to me about Hitchiker's Guide and how he named his boat after one of the characters. Rich old people are weird.

Ohhh, cool! I'll have to read that book again sometime. I read it when I was a kid, and as a result I don't remember a great deal of it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110139 on: July 27, 2013, 12:24:41 am »

Friday Night Magic result: 3-1 and 5th place, losing only to they guy who came in 3rd. Got 2 boosters for my efforts. Drafted, so I ended up getting 5 boosters (more or less) for $10.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110140 on: July 27, 2013, 12:53:33 am »

They have drafts for $10 where you live! I am filled with envy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110141 on: July 27, 2013, 01:07:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110142 on: July 27, 2013, 01:12:35 am »

I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked on that spoiler. But it wasn't that. That's magnificent.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110143 on: July 27, 2013, 01:17:08 am »

Check out all his... her?... majesty!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110144 on: July 27, 2013, 01:21:20 am »

BAYT just had a go on Guns of Icarus Online and we did pretty well. After half the group left we all piled onto a galleon and ran it like a well oiled machine. Admittedly a well oiled machine that spent a lot of time on fire, but a well oiled machine nonetheless.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 7341 7342 [7343] 7344 7345 ... 13325