Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7232 7233 [7234] 7235 7236 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741607 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108495 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »

A sequel to 300 is coming out next March.
...Yay?

I mean, 300 was silly fun. Just not sure what a sequel could possibly cover.
The continuation of the war?
But with 10,000 Spartans, less defensive fighting, and none of the original memes. It just wouldn't be the same.
Naval battles! Horse! Wimminz!
...Okay, I take it back. Looks just as stupidly fun as the original.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108496 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »

This is actually a very sophisticated drama taking place over the course of the Spartans' dinner in hell.
See, this might actually get me into the movie theater. Demonic etiquette and abyssal drama would be great. Nobody would do style like hell does style.

... except that it's grecian and grecian hell is kinda' boring. Still, the part where Sisyphus gets pissed and rolls the rock over the dinner table would be great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108497 on: July 03, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »

This is actually a very sophisticated drama taking place over the course of the Spartans' dinner in hell.

. . . My Dinner With Leonidas?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108498 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »

Went out with some friends to catch a free concert at the Summer Festival downtown.

"Now, I know that Summer Concerts are usually all about love and sunshine and having fun and all that... but this next one is sort of a... well, it's an exploration of belief, and the nature of the absolute. Er... we'll get back to the fun stuff later, I promise."

Oh Guggenheim Grotto... <3 <3 <3

EDIT: Wait.... 300 sequel? Really?
Wasn't the first one based on a comic book? Wonder where is this plot is coming from.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:28:20 pm by Solifuge »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108499 on: July 03, 2013, 09:47:32 pm »

. . . My Dinner With Leonidas?
I'd watch it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108501 on: July 03, 2013, 10:47:03 pm »

Went out with some friends to catch a free concert at the Summer Festival downtown.

"Now, I know that Summer Concerts are usually all about love and sunshine and having fun and all that... but this next one is sort of a... well, it's an exploration of belief, and the nature of the absolute. Er... we'll get back to the fun stuff later, I promise."
Hm, from that description I'd think you were talking about Hash Bash even though that's in April.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108504 on: July 03, 2013, 10:58:54 pm »

Turns out my local library is hosting a demonstration by the Chicago Swordplay Guild in a week. *Squee!*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108505 on: July 03, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »

Ooo. That sounds like it could be fun. Of course, it could also be very lame, but I'm hoping for the former.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108506 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

I've been playing Final Fantasy VII (played...a really long time ago but I lost the first disc before I finished it, so only now going to play through. They remade/ported the game so it would work on newer systems, and you can buy it for $10, which is great!)

Then I stumbled across this:
http://kotaku.com/3d-printed-final-fantasy-vii-characters-look-pretty-ama-656453862
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108507 on: July 03, 2013, 11:26:18 pm »

After years of practice, I think I'm finally getting the hang of making myself make eye contact, and not then holding it so long it gets awkward. +1 Charisma get!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108508 on: July 03, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »

After years of practice, I think I'm finally getting the hang of making myself make eye contact, and not then holding it so long it gets awkward. +1 Charisma get!
That seems like an awfully long time for just a simple +1 :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108509 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:10 pm »

Can you please tell me the appropriate amount of eye contact to make when walking on a crosswalk and someone is coming the other way? I really have no idea at what distance I should be looking at the person, if at all, and it confuses me. Usually I just end up looking straight ahead because I don't want to look creepy, but I feel like that is odd, too.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 7232 7233 [7234] 7235 7236 ... 13325