Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7066 7067 [7068] 7069 7070 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805721 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106005 on: May 18, 2013, 03:41:05 am »

Just discovered the combination of Krieg (BL2) and cider. I am currently in maniacal heaven.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106006 on: May 18, 2013, 04:02:13 am »

Played a little of Mass Effect, to just calm me down so I can sleep.  It's pretty neat!  I'm playing a ruthless earthling infiltrator.  I liked getting to make my own character, though she does look sort of weird.  That's nice too, though.  First time I remember getting to play a hardass of my own sex~  Yay.
Somebody hasn't played knytt stories. Juni is as hardass a character I have ever seen! All in a flowing white dress.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106007 on: May 18, 2013, 04:09:17 am »

Played a little of Mass Effect, to just calm me down so I can sleep.  It's pretty neat!  I'm playing a ruthless earthling infiltrator.  I liked getting to make my own character, though she does look sort of weird.  That's nice too, though.  First time I remember getting to play a hardass of my own sex~  Yay.
The Mass Effect character creator is not the best in escaping the uncanny valley. It can also lead to....misjudgments (one of my Shepards had what appeared to be sharpened cheek bones because I apparently have no conception of depth until it's too late).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106008 on: May 18, 2013, 04:23:56 am »

The Mass Effect character creator is not the best in escaping the uncanny valley. It can also lead to....misjudgments (one of my Shepards had what appeared to be sharpened cheek bones because I apparently have no conception of depth until it's too late).
Dragon Age Origins did much better in that in that it let the head turn to the side when you were creating the character.
Gotta play that game again and rage at EA for Dragon Age 2.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106009 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:45 am »

The page for the new TF2 update. It is just... wow.
Spoiler: A paragraph from there (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #106011 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:40 pm »

Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106013 on: May 18, 2013, 04:26:24 pm »

My stomach has mostly stopped hurting and my feelings of hunger are returning. Now eating feels good again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #106014 on: May 18, 2013, 04:36:11 pm »

Freeciv is now available in-browser. I've never tried it before, but I think I'll give it a go now...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106015 on: May 18, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

My mom bought some very nice fish to make a nice dinner with since I'm in town tonight.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106016 on: May 18, 2013, 06:34:32 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, it is currently three degrees Celsius in Canberra and the surrounding area before wind chill. We suggest you purchase a warmer hat, because otherwise by the end of winter I don't like the chances your ears won't freeze off.

Did I ever tell you guys I love cold weather? Because I love cold weather.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #106017 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, it is currently three degrees Celsius in Canberra and the surrounding area before wind chill. We suggest you purchase a warmer hat, because otherwise by the end of winter I don't like the chances your ears won't freeze off.

Did I ever tell you guys I love cold weather? Because I love cold weather.
I was about to go "wtf 3 degrees in May" then I remembered where Canberra was. Hurr durr.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106018 on: May 18, 2013, 07:04:59 pm »

Commencement = COMPLETE AND TOTAL CLUSTERFUCK

Like ACTUALLY MOST TERRIBLE COMMENCEMENT EVER

I don't know how it could have POSSIBLY been worse than that, other than if it contained like a mass shooting or something.  But outside of large numbers of people dying, just in terms of quality, it was HILARIOUSLY TERRIBLE.

On the other hand, I finished, there's a couple pictures, and when I fell asleep in the car I apparently woke up, rambled loudly and incoherently about Mass Effect for half a minute over my parents' conversation, and then put my head back down and fell back asleep.  This is the first time I've caught myself talking in my sleep, which is neat because it gives credence to my roommates' complaints that I talk math in my dreams.

Oh, and Deus Ex is on sale for $5 so I'm gonna get that too >_> <_< :3  And I've got Futurama out of the library so I'll watch that with my parents this evening when we're feeling better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #106019 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:33 pm »

Personally bad, or school bad?
Pages: 1 ... 7066 7067 [7068] 7069 7070 ... 13325