Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6860 6861 [6862] 6863 6864 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780547 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102915 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:53 am »

Pondering on dwarven physics.
For example, the unit of energy would be the alcojoule; the unit of force would be the Urist*. O_o
Perhaps the unit of time is the tick and that of length is the natural meter (or) tilewidth(ie, a tile's width). Volume would have its own special law, the Law of Quantum Space, which states that volume defies all attempts to be quantified, no matter what you do. :D

*Not to be confused with the unit of temperature, the Urist°, or U°.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:13:00 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102916 on: April 04, 2013, 12:14:34 am »

For example, the unit of energy would be the alcojoule; the unit of force would be the Urist*. O_o
Perhaps the unit of time is the tick and that of length is the natural meter (or) tilewidth(ie, a tile's width). Volume would have its own special law, the Law of Quantum Space, which states that volume defies all attempts to be quantified, no matter what you do. :D

*Not to be confused with the unit of temperature, the Urist°, or U°.
I think this deserves its own thread.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102917 on: April 04, 2013, 12:15:07 am »

I'm really excited for the next DF release, and my enthusiasm for the game has been coming back strong lately.  Played some yesterday and the horrible failure was quite enjoyable.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102918 on: April 04, 2013, 12:15:20 am »

Perhaps the unit of time is the tick and that of length is the natural meter(ie, a tile's width). Volume would have its own special law, the Law of Quantum Space, which states that volume defies all attempts to be quantified, no matter what you do. :D

*Not to be confused with the unit of temperature, the Urist°.

Every measurement can be made in the Urist. On top of that, they're all the same Urist.
"Urist! How much does that boulder weigh?"
"Oh, about 453 Urist. It's bloody heavy."
"What's the temperature outside?"
"About 10,060 Urist. Nice and cool."
"How tall is that wall?"
"How the bloody hell should I know? I can't see the top of it!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102919 on: April 04, 2013, 12:31:57 am »

Perhaps the unit of time is the tick and that of length is the natural meter(ie, a tile's width). Volume would have its own special law, the Law of Quantum Space, which states that volume defies all attempts to be quantified, no matter what you do. :D

Every measurement can be made in the Urist. On top of that, they're all the same Urist.
"How tall is that wall?"
"Urist! How many urist does a beam 20 urist long weigh at a tempature of 50 Urist at a pressure of 5 Urist?"
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102920 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:54 am »

"How tall is that wall?"
"Urist! How many urist does a beam 20 urist long weigh at a tempature of 50 Urist at a pressure of 5 Urist?"
What's it made out of?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #102921 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:14 am »

So it's just trickery, then? The energy and not the actual number? Him being a smartass? Got it.

The real point of it is that you can't really multiply temperature in any way that's meaningful to our perception. I guess you could say 10C feels ten times warmer than 1C, but that's completely subjective.

I don't think it's that smartass, either. Maybe a little tricky, but I think smartass implies that I'd be taking it in a way that you didn't intend to make multiplying Celsius wrong, when in fact multiplying Celsius wasn't right in the first place.

It's like if I had a number system called penguins. 0 penguins is 5 in normal numbers. 1 penguin is 6, 2 penguins is 7, and so on. Trying to multiply temperature is like saying you have 0 penguins of fingers on one hand, so multiplying it by two proves that you have 0 penguins of fingers on both hands. Penguins are Celsius.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #102922 on: April 04, 2013, 01:03:58 am »

"How tall is that wall?"
We need to metricize measurements :I
How are you going to do science with.. with... subjective measurements?! D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #102923 on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:05 am »

That's when it turns into !!SCIENCE!!

And we're perfectly okay with it :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102924 on: April 04, 2013, 02:38:01 am »

Fortbent 5 is almost done.

My god, I never thought I would say that :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102925 on: April 04, 2013, 02:56:53 am »

Watching Public Enemies with my little brother.

Gonna watch Kara no Kyoukai next.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102926 on: April 04, 2013, 03:10:46 am »

Acanthus? Weren't you eaten?

Acanthus made me happy today.
Love, scriver~

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102927 on: April 04, 2013, 03:11:47 am »

I punched my way out of the beast's belly. I'm currently dripping bile and my half-digested skin, but I'm around again.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102929 on: April 04, 2013, 03:21:57 am »

Yea... Ein will do that to you.
Who is this? I am now curious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 6860 6861 [6862] 6863 6864 ... 13325