Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6464 6465 [6466] 6467 6468 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755112 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96975 on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:14 pm »

Pff, I bet you're even using cutlery. Snob.

You can't go wrong with a titanium battle spork.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96976 on: January 06, 2013, 08:06:37 pm »

The spork is a coward's tool.  Anything that needs to be cut can be cut with muscle, anything that needs to scooped can be simply tipped out of a bowl.  But many are the foods that would be all but impossible to eat without tongs, as I am a man and not a beast.  Truly the fork is the General of all Utensils.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96977 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »

Hm... what do you mean by that? My goal here was to make the cheese a part of the dough, rather than to suspend pockets of cheese in the dough, if that's what you're getting at. Working with non-wheat flours, so it's partially an attempt at gluten substitution.
If you're making gluten-free bread that doesn't taste like crap, I'd love to have the recipe once you've got one. I have relatives with gluten allergies, and I've tasted gluten-free bread myself, so I'm sure such a thing would be appreciated.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96978 on: January 06, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

The spork is a coward's tool.  Anything that needs to be cut can be cut with muscle, anything that needs to scooped can be simply tipped out of a bowl.  But many are the foods that would be all but impossible to eat without tongs, as I am a man and not a beast.  Truly the fork is the General of all Utensils.

Tines? Or did you mean tongs? Because chopsticks are like tongs, except stylish. And I'm no long comfortable thinking of forks as being composed of tines, because now whenever I eat I imagine that I'm using a pack-mind individual composed of several alien dog-rats to spear and lift my food.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96979 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:01 pm »

You people are all silly. There's no need for utensils. If it's not finger food, the plate or bowl suffices.

Just... bring a napkin. Maybe a bib.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96980 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:41 pm »

No. My hands might get dirty. They might be sticky. Unacceptable. Even if I've just come home with paint and grease all over.

3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96981 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:58 pm »

Hm... what do you mean by that? My goal here was to make the cheese a part of the dough, rather than to suspend pockets of cheese in the dough, if that's what you're getting at. Working with non-wheat flours, so it's partially an attempt at gluten substitution.
If you're making gluten-free bread that doesn't taste like crap, I'd love to have the recipe once you've got one. I have relatives with gluten allergies, and I've tasted gluten-free bread myself, so I'm sure such a thing would be appreciated.
I'm mostly being silly, but research has suggested that I need to drastically alter my flour mix, probably to something like 50% rice, 30% potato, 20% tapioca or something. Although, I admit, using potato flakes this time was just me seeing what I could get away with. Protip: Potato flakes do not make a good dough ingredient. Probably potato flour in the future.

In other news, Deus Ex is really fun, and prophetic at times, given that it was published in 2000. Although, on the other hand, some things are just silly. You can tell the game is fictional because (and this is actually a spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96982 on: January 06, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »

No. My hands might get dirty. They might be sticky. Unacceptable. Even if I've just come home with paint and grease all over.
You and your awkward standards.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96983 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:02 pm »

No, no... in that case, you just use the plate. You don't have to actually touch the food, just the parts of the plate or bowl that doesn't have food on it.

Though, personally, when it comes to food, sticky fingers resulting from delicious sauces is what the tongue is for. No waste! Lick the fingers, lick the plate!

I do refrain when in public, but it's hard. Food is for eating, not leaving remnants on the dishes. Bread or whathaveyou helps bypass that stupid social norm without trouble, but there's not always bread to clean the plate with. Bleh. It hurts us to leave deliciousness behind...
Ask not!
Ask!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96984 on: January 06, 2013, 11:12:05 pm »

So I've made two purchases recently, both of which make me happy:

On steam, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get Night at the Inventory. Besides satiating my love of Texas Hold'em Poker, I get to play with these awesome personalities as well. Not only that, but I get cool TF2 items as well. I've already gotten the License to Maim, Lugermorph, and the Enthusiast's Time Piece.

Also, hot damn do I want a real physical TF2 playing cards. Those are just so slick.

Secondly, for about $15 I've ordered a custom mousepad of my favorite videogame, God Hand. The entire thing is meant to resemble this wallpaper:

http://hq.dpics.org/49__God_Hand_%28PS2%29,_2006.htm

I should get it within the week. I hope it turns out well, cause while I need a mousepad period (I've been using stray bits of envelope, notepaper, and cardboard so far) having one that reminds me of the great times I've had with that game will be the best.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96985 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »

I've got my old laptop working again, the only problem is the over-heating which I think a good cleaning will fix. That if only I knew how.

As for now, I've plugged it into my HDTV, 32 inch. I can barely read all this tiny ass-text.

It's glorious!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96987 on: January 06, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »

I should get it within the week. I hope it turns out well, cause while I need a mousepad period (I've been using stray bits of envelope, notepaper, and cardboard so far) having one that reminds me of the great times I've had with that game will be the best.
Heehee, mousepad. This is my mousepad. Though it's generally either volume one or two of a set that's been separated out into a full eight volumes, not combined like those ones are. I.e. the original 1967 set, squee. I've got the other six volumes... around, somewhere.

Got the whole set for free. Local college was getting rid of 'em and I was like... shit. I'm taking those home.

Actually, looking around the 'net it... looks like these things might be worth a little cash. Not that I'd sell 'em, but... neat.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6464 6465 [6466] 6467 6468 ... 13325