Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6355 6356 [6357] 6358 6359 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769395 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Ham- Bur- ger~?] The Okuu x Hamburger Steak thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95340 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »

Point being there's actually lots and lots of free music out there that's really quite good. Huzzah for non-commercial music!

If it's not any trouble, could you point me to some?  I'm always on the search for good music, one can never have enough~♪ and free is even better.   

I've been checking out OCremix lately, but unfortunately most of the games whose music I search for only ever have one or two songs.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:50:34 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95341 on: December 12, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »

I should be getting my Section 8 voucher between January 2013 and June 2013.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #95342 on: December 13, 2012, 12:11:43 am »

If it's not any trouble, could you point me to some?  I'm always on the search for good music, one can never have enough~♪ and free is even better.   

I've been checking out OCremix lately, but unfortunately most of the games whose music I search for only ever have one or two songs.
Definitely go outside your comfort zone of games in regards to OCRemix. Some of my favorite stuff off there I've never played or heard the music of the games they're remixed from. I personally just grabbed all their torrents, stuck it in a playlist, randomized it a few times, and have been working my way from top to bottom.

As the more general thing, well... not at the moment. Most of my direct-link stuff was on my last (now more-or-less dead) computer, and I haven't really gotten off my metaphorical arse to hunt down stuff again -- I'm still slowly going through OCRemix's full collection again and trimming out the stuff not to taste, and it'll take another couple months to do that :P

A good bit of it is just keeping an eye out, though. It's not terribly uncommon, from what I remember, for groups to release stuff as promos or whatev' -- I nabbed up two discs of Lunar's stuff when they did that, ferex. And check OCRemix's forums -- I definitely recall finding some links there... somewhere. There's a lot of good stuff that doesn't fit OCR's guidelines, or come from artists that visit there doing non-remix stuff. Just finding a major site like that and rummaging around tends to throw up enough to keep you occupied for a while :)

Just... rummage, y'ken? Quick google ran into this like, instantly, and I didn't even try to search very hard. E: Holy shit there's at least 13k tracks on that site. If even a tenth of them are of decent quality, arglefargle my hard-drive is preemptively crying, ahahahaheaheheheheheeee

E2: And ah, grats Dei. Sounds like it might be helping your sanity in the near future :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:28:25 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95343 on: December 13, 2012, 12:26:34 am »

My music folder is 139 GB and 21,571 tracks.  At this point, I have 14,482 tracks left unrated.  I'd guess at least a couple thousand of those are songs I've listened to, but fell through when transitioning formats or rating systems.  I generally listen to and rate at least a couple new songs every day, and have done so for the last 4 years or so.

Likewise with OCRemix, there's a lot of good stuff on there from games I've never played.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:28:43 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95344 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28:55 am »

I'm so sad that I lost my Touhou collection when my external HD died. It was 20 to 30 gigs, although that's pretty damn weak for a Touhou collection. I'm left with only the other half of my music supply.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95345 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

At this point, I would be devastated if I lost my music collection.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95346 on: December 13, 2012, 12:37:57 am »

Hhhm, guess I'll take a look around then, would do the torrent, but I've never used it before, and I'm pretty sure that my campus blocks it anyway.

Just... rummage, y'ken? Quick google ran into this like, instantly, and I didn't even try to search very hard. E: Holy shit there's at least 13k tracks on that site. If even a tenth of them are of decent quality, arglefargle my hard-drive is preemptively crying, ahahahaheaheheheheheeee

I'll keep that in mind in the future!  Gonna take a look at this site now.  Thanks preemptively!

EDIT: SQUEEEE!!!  FIFTY-EIGHT PAGES OF CELTIC MUSIC!!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:39:46 am by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95347 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:00 am »

So do these awesome free music sites have some sort of random function? I'm terrible at looking for specific stuff, but it's so awesome to find something cool by accident.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #95348 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:26 am »

I'm so sad that I lost my Touhou collection when my external HD died. It was 20 to 30 gigs, although that's pretty damn weak for a Touhou collection. I'm left with only the other half of my music supply.
I don't even bother keeping a Touhou music collection. There are so many on Youtube, and so many pre-made playlists... that I don't really need to make my own or keep track.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95349 on: December 13, 2012, 12:59:00 am »

So do these awesome free music sites have some sort of random function? I'm terrible at looking for specific stuff, but it's so awesome to find something cool by accident.
Also, any kind of mass download mechanism? Doing it song-by-song would be a pain.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95350 on: December 13, 2012, 01:15:43 am »

8 Bit Peoples also offers a fair amount of good, free chiptunes music.  I especially recommend 8BP050, which is a special compilation of entries from all their contributors that they put together for their 50th album.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95351 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:30 am »

Thought I'd be bored tonight when SUDDENLY LADYFRIEND!

* kaijyuu might be gushing a bit too much but doesn't care~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Doctus

• Bay Watcher
  • 黄昏よりも昏きもの…
    • View Profile
« Reply #95352 on: December 13, 2012, 01:32:15 am »

I'm currently happy because Kaijyuu is such a wonderful person~

Yes, yes, we'll get a room. 3 weeks to go.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95353 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:32 am »

Glad you two are having a good time :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95354 on: December 13, 2012, 01:37:01 am »

I wonder if they're using the same computer.
Pages: 1 ... 6355 6356 [6357] 6358 6359 ... 13325