Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6210 6211 [6212] 6213 6214 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15775287 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93165 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »

93% on my physics midterm? Definitely made me happy.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93166 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:57 pm »

Thankfully, my debit gift card works on GOG. I just bought Alpha Centauri and Arx Fatilis.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93167 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »

Had more fun on the bus with a few of the people in my class i dislike most then i ever tought i could.

I tell you, a bus is a magical entity.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93168 on: November 06, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »

Had more fun on the bus with a few of the people in my class i dislike most then i ever tought i could.

It's probably because you are all sharing the same religious practice: praying the driver is competent and isn't drunk or high.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93169 on: November 06, 2012, 01:26:49 pm »

He drove us around the... Harbor? of Antwerp all day and succesfully pulled off a mayby-a-bit-risky turn.
I don't think there have been any scandals about bus drivers in the last few years. Mayby even decade. The only thing on the news is that they get attacked by drunk or high people.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93170 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:02 pm »

Yeah, it reduces everyone's IQ by half. Why the fuck won't people move the fuck back?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93171 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »

No, it was a bus our school hired to drive us to the Harbor and around it for a field trip. So only people from my school on the bus, and mainly people from my class inside my range.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93172 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:08 pm »

You sure they weren't that impolite to begin with?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93173 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:42 pm »

The people i had fun with? They generally are dicks. But somehow, i had fun with them in the front of the two-story bus.
"Red, yellow or green car? Punch the person next to you! Tractor? Punch the farm guy five times!"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93174 on: November 06, 2012, 02:11:39 pm »

Half-dwarf human from Cerealtown? Punch the face of... Oh, wait, he got it first.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93175 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »

I just voted for the first time! Democracy!

Well actually Democratic Republic, but details.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93176 on: November 06, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »

Tell me you voted Cthulhu/Kefka and the Practicing Nihilism party ticket.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93177 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:45 pm »

I would have, but I don't really agree with Kefka's "World of Ruin" financial policy. Also, the "Eye of Judgement" legislation seems a bit extreme.  :-\
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93178 on: November 06, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

I would have, but I don't really agree with Kefka's "World of Ruin" financial policy. Also, the "Eye of Judgement" legislation seems a bit extreme.  :-\

I dunno, he's got a decent health plan.  Enough fish to keep a dying Cid alive!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93179 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »

I dunno, he's got a decent health plan.  Enough fish to keep a dying Cid alive!
It's just another example of cronyism, that plan. Sure, it's a "coincidence" that the researcher who gave Kefka the magical powers that were so key to his campaign gets as many health-restoring fish as he can eat. I believe that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6210 6211 [6212] 6213 6214 ... 13325