Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5914 5915 [5916] 5917 5918 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798597 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88725 on: September 18, 2012, 03:56:17 am »

Songest letup ever indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88727 on: September 18, 2012, 04:10:11 am »

Steve: Don't multiclass either. It's for d-bags.
And now every person who ever used prestige classes is offended.

Careful searching has failed to find any insincerity tags. Those should seriously be implemented.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:11:53 am by Darvi »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88728 on: September 18, 2012, 04:12:41 am »

Steve: Don't multiclass either. It's for d-bags.
And now every person who ever used prestige classes is offended.

Careful searching has failed to find any insincerity tags. Those should seriously be implemented.

Some people have the impression that competent characters are bad.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88730 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:25 am »

Depends on how competent they are. Reasonably skilled and badass characters are good. Munchkins and Sues are very bad.

Also there's the fact that many multiclassing combinations are genuinely bad.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88731 on: September 18, 2012, 04:38:32 am »

Depends on how competent they are. Reasonably skilled and badass characters are good. Munchkins and Sues are very bad.

Well, obviously. There is, however, a massive diffrence between a good character, and Pun-Pun, or any Wizard who realized evocation is a trap.

Also, you would be surprised what combinations work well. Cleric/Bard is the classic early entry to master of shrouds, while Wiz/Sorc can be incredibly dangerous if properly optimized.

Now, what I am refering to are the people who make Str 8 dual wielding Gnome Barbarians and expect plunk and spunk to make up for the character being complete garbage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88732 on: September 18, 2012, 04:46:59 am »

Now, what I am refering to are the people who make Str 8 dual wielding Gnome Barbarians and expect plunk and spunk to make up for the character being complete garbage.
It actually does if the GM is any good. Just move the focus away from combat.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88733 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:15 am »

It actually does if the GM is any good. Just move the focus away from combat.

What social skills does a Barbarian have? Riddle me that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88734 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:52 am »

A gnome barbarian? Being adorable.

My view is skewed since I play tabletop games for the roleplaying and not the wargaming, so I don't care much about stats :3
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88735 on: September 18, 2012, 05:04:14 am »

A gnome barbarian? Being adorable.

My view is skewed since I play tabletop games for the roleplaying and not the wargaming, so I don't care much about stats :3

Here, here. It's the GM's job to make the game fun, not to run a meat grinder adventure, unless that's what everyone is looking for.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #88736 on: September 18, 2012, 05:35:46 am »

But most importantly Maya is much cuter than Lilith.

Very much so. I never liked the crucified look. Maya was always the cutest in that series. Even Asuka and Misato weren't that cute.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88737 on: September 18, 2012, 07:07:24 am »

Had fun playing Borderlands 2 until 3:30 last night. Love some of the new weaponry, and some of the UI and gameplay updates as well. The mini-map definitely is a plus.

Also already hit close to Badass Rank 50 during that playthrough. Unfortunately, I got work today, so I won't be joining anyone else's parties until the afternoon or later.

Personal favorite weapons so far, the type that allow me to fire at the rate I click the mouse button. I destroy enemies so quickly with that; add to it the Gunzerker ability and a pair of those, and clicking both mouse buttons rapidly. Quite fun to use; especially when both weapons during GZ is a revolver and a shotgun with that trait, and the ability to rapidly reload them when it rolls around.

I can't wait until I get more potent weaponry with those features, or something that makes my Gunzerker turn into the definition of "MOAR DAKKA!!!" and "Bullet-Hose" at the same time. I also find the guns that turn into grenades when you reload them (throwing the gun after firing them empty is practical now) rather entertaining as a gimmick weapon in my arsenal; especially with a pair of those and Gunzerking as well.

EDIT:
Gotta love that intro theme as well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:43:59 am by Itnetlolor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88738 on: September 18, 2012, 07:10:26 am »

But most importantly Maya is much cuter than Lilith.

Very much so. I never liked the crucified look. Maya was always the cutest in that series. Even Asuka and Misato weren't that cute.
Borderlands/Eva crossover, huh. Hrm. I haven't played borderlands, but the concept intrigues me. BL *record skip*

Oh. Um. Never... nevermind. Poor shinji has enough problems without angel molestation to become a canon feature. Moreso than it already is.

Still, eva-scale random weapons might be interesting. Someone should do a mod~~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88739 on: September 18, 2012, 08:26:27 am »

I once found out that being a Rogue/Sorcerer, when done right, can be a very competent combination.
Alas, I never got a chance to get the Arcane Trickster prestige class included.
Pages: 1 ... 5914 5915 [5916] 5917 5918 ... 13325