Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5907 5908 [5909] 5910 5911 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799305 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88620 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:50 am »

So...many....ellipses!

I ramble when I speak. I ramble when I write too, but use ellipses to help break apart the run-on-sentences... they create a longer pause than a comma, but shorter than a semi-colon or period. There's a very careful hierarchy of punctuation here, all meant to create the authentic "Let's Listen To Solifuge Ramble" experience. That, and ellipses just make me happy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88621 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:14 am »

So...many....ellipses!

I ramble when I speak. I ramble when I write too, but use ellipses to help break apart the run-on-sentences... they create a longer pause than a comma, but shorter than a semi-colon or period. There's a very careful hierarchy of punctuation here, all meant to create the authentic "Let's Listen To Solifuge Ramble" experience. That, and ellipses just make me happy.

It feels like I'm really there!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88622 on: September 17, 2012, 03:45:41 am »

So...many....ellipses!

...Are you the same Solifuge that is on SA?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88623 on: September 17, 2012, 03:48:58 am »

Under the auspices of picking apart Uematsu's style, I'm listening to the entire FF6 soundtrack for the first time in decades... trying to ID the character he assigns to each instrument track to create his songs, how he shifts from idea to idea, etc. Really though, it's all just a thin shell to hide a bout of classic game nostalgia. All these feels!

Just to make sure I'm not dating myself yet... you guys have all played FF6, right?

I have, but I first played it on the GBA, so you're still kinda dating yourself. :P

I remember the wait for the game on SNES, drooling over articles in game magazines for over a year.  I was about 10 years old.

I remember doing the same for FF7, raging out when Square abandoned Nintendo, and then being unable to maintain interest past the first disc.

I have weird nega-nostalgia, or something, because I have nostalgia for NES and early PC games, despite not being born until the early days of the SNES, and my first console being a N64. It is a mystery.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #88624 on: September 17, 2012, 03:57:31 am »

I'm in the same boat here :O  Nostalgic for uh... SNES games 'n stuff and not even having an SNES (just ROMS 'n such)... man I'm tired.  I want to say something more fkjlsadg but I'm *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88625 on: September 17, 2012, 04:05:31 am »

So...many....ellipses!

I used to do this exact same thing.  I still fall back into the old habit sometimes.  I tried to type the same way I would speak, with ellipses representing pauses.  I just got sick of having to explain myself eventually, and found that people took me more seriously when I used normal grammar.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88626 on: September 17, 2012, 06:10:08 am »

If I typed the way I speak, my post count would be in the triple digits.

On the other hand I write like I think which is an endless and often incoherent stream of words with no breaks or pauses which eventually leads to me wondering  what I was thinking about in the first place.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88627 on: September 17, 2012, 07:49:51 am »

Homestuck Tarot Card

I need this for reasons

SlickPak deck too

230 dollars

Hussie stop

no hussie

my bank account

please stop molesting it

please

plz stahp
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88628 on: September 17, 2012, 07:54:09 am »

He never will.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88629 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:09 am »

Quote from: 99 shades of grey kickstarter
We can't in good conscience send a book to every state, because we didn't hit the stretch goal.

But we also can't in good conscience let the hard work of our fans go unrewarded.

So, we have decided to ship books to libraries in every single state where we have backers (at least 37 states at last count). Frankly, the states that did not back us are dead to us. If Honest Abe were still in office, he'd have them turned back into colonies or territories or commonwealths until they could get their act together.
Teehee, this amuses me so greatly.
Eat that 13 states no one cares about.  :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:35:44 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #88630 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:48 am »

Just watched Serenity again. I just noticed something at the end I somehow missed before...
Spoiler: minor spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88631 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:15 am »

You didn't notice that? yeah, it's appropriate, if really creepy XD

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88632 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:29 am »

Just watched Serenity again. I just noticed something at the end I somehow missed before...
Yeah, I noticed that. She's probably just curious about the kinesthetics involved. And probably devising a terrifyingly more efficient method (like how she tried to "fix" the Bible -- one of my favorite bits of writing in the whole series)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88633 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »

Computer! Wheee!

Downside: CPU's a bit weak. Dual-core 2.1ghz, according to dxdiag. It's an HP pavilion laptop, which makes me kinda' go ugh, but...

Upsides, it's got two more gigs of ram than I've ever had access to (i.e. 4), roughly double the VRAM I've ever had access to (i.e. ~1 gig), and a good half terabyte harddrive (The semi-dead laptop has... 140 gigs. Roughly), which is a nice multiple of, well, anything else I've ever had access to. A good chunk of it combined. So it's mostly an upgrade!

Now it's a matter of getting all the goodies on this thing, stripping out all the frufru stuff I have zero interest in, and doing some varying tests to see what can run on it. Then either getting ahold of a external dock whatsit for hard-drives or seeing if the semi-dead's hard-drives can fit in this thing. Being able to retrieve all my junk from the last computer would be... blissful. My roguelike folder was incredible :P

Also...
Just to make sure I'm not dating myself yet... you guys have all played FF6, right?
Lagging behind, but I don't care! Strago's theme is best theme! And then people do things like this and it's all yaaay. And this. People seem to generally dislike strago's theme for some reason, but they're all crazy. More needs to be done with it!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:21:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88634 on: September 17, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that. She's probably just curious about the kinesthetics involved. And probably devising a terrifyingly more efficient method (like how she tried to "fix" the Bible -- one of my favorite bits of writing in the whole series)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that was the most hilarious moment of the series, i agree XD, though, i would read her version of the Bible XD
Pages: 1 ... 5907 5908 [5909] 5910 5911 ... 13325