Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5905 5906 [5907] 5908 5909 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799336 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88590 on: September 16, 2012, 10:33:52 pm »

First, I read that Nobue Uematsu's band, the Black Mages, had disbanded, and I was like :(

Then I discovered that they formed a new group, and they're doing all kinds of awesome and experimental music, and I was like :D

I mean, listen to this stuff

I never quite understood what makes a piece of music "Experimental".

But hey, this is pretty good music all the same.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88591 on: September 16, 2012, 10:36:59 pm »

Cheese!

Milk!

Crackers!

With our powers combined, we make a delicious smoothie!!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88592 on: September 16, 2012, 10:38:36 pm »

Like, saltine crackers?  :o
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #88593 on: September 16, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »

Basically, this.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88594 on: September 16, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »

Okay.

C... Carry on.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88595 on: September 16, 2012, 10:48:24 pm »

First, I read that Nobue Uematsu's band, the Black Mages, had disbanded, and I was like :(

Then I discovered that they formed a new group, and they're doing all kinds of awesome and experimental music, and I was like :D

I mean, listen to this stuff

I never quite understood what makes a piece of music "Experimental".

But hey, this is pretty good music all the same.

Like Bela Fleck combining his bluegrass banjo music with a Ugandan thumb piano virtuoso.

In the case of Uematsu, it's instrumental powerballad plus chiptunes, done in a classical mode. I don't mean it as a genre... just as in they're combining instruments and such in novel ways.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88596 on: September 16, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4OY6qxJrJM

when this song came out it was considered by some to be an experimental kind of music, basically the band decided to take the style of traditional Japanese music and turn it into rock music, the lyrics themselves also have a lot to do with Japanese myths and legends. They started making some pretty good music with it, and ran with it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88597 on: September 16, 2012, 11:04:32 pm »

My understanding is "experimental" music is such that breaks the standard conventions of a genre and tries to make their own. A "screw the rules let's go wild" thing.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #88598 on: September 16, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

Basically, this.
That is a hippopotamus. What exactly is the connection between that and a saltine smoothie?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #88599 on: September 16, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

It's all going in the same place anyways.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88600 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:25 pm »

I realized today I can bullshit my way through many assignments and still get an A in three out of my four classes.

Hooray, college.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88601 on: September 16, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

I realized today I can bullshit my way through many assignments and still get an A in three out of my four classes.

Hooray, college.
S'the way of the world. "THIS IS SRS BSNS NOW, YER ADULTS!"

*Class is easier than HS equivalent.*

*Writes every paper the night before or morning of the due date. Or 30 minutes before the class.*

*Doesn't study for midterms or finals.*

*96% course grade.*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88602 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:32 am »

my problem is time which i dont have

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88603 on: September 17, 2012, 12:53:09 am »

Had one of those games in LoL thats actually awesome.
Started out doing OK, then one of our dudes left.
For the first 20 minutes we were slowly pushed back, they get our mid turret to our base, kill two of our turrets to our base. They get baron, and have a fight near our base.
This is where it begins to turn around, we kill them off one by one solo or if they are in groups, this keeps happening, and by this point I can just run in to them and tank for like ten seconds (as Mundo), we start to push them back.
We get all of their non base turrets, and they get another baron, but we get there just in time for the end, they get there while they are still weak from killing it, we kill two of them, then catch two more on the way to their base, killing another of them under their tower (which as mundo I just tanked and ran around under).
Winning 4v5 (especially when you are getting creamed at the start) is one of the most awesome things ever.

If they had been smart they could have pulled it out (by split pushing and avoiding teamfights except under their towers), but they got too cocky and died.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #88604 on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:08 am »

Hooray, college.

It'll be doubly worth it in the end, because getting a job just means you get paid for it.

Pages: 1 ... 5905 5906 [5907] 5908 5909 ... 13325