Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5856 5857 [5858] 5859 5860 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807044 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87855 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18:10 pm »

It's a portmanteau of squeal and squeak I believe. One does it inadvertently when something especially adorable or highly anticipated happens.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87856 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »

If you do have a camera, give us your best squee face too! You can't have a cuteness overload without squeeing.
How do you . . . "squee?"
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/06/03
Bad example. Team Ninja's Metroid game (can't even remember the name) wasn't all that great. Kittens, on the other hand, are always great.
This is true, but that comic's the best visualization I know of.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87857 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:59 pm »

It's a portmanteau of squeal and squeak I believe. One does it inadvertently when something especially adorable or highly anticipated happens.
Inadvertently. So all purposeful squees are mere imitations of the real thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #87859 on: September 10, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »

Inadvertently. So all purposeful squees are mere imitations of the real thing.

Close, but I never said it was SOLELY done inadvertently, I was simply giving an example of when one might squee, not when squees must occur to be classified as squees.

Though it is pretty hard to get a real, heart-felt squee without some sort of muse.

(Note: Originally heart-felt was spelled "Hardfelt." Freudian slips ftw)
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87860 on: September 10, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »

If you do have a camera, give us your best squee face too! You can't have a cuteness overload without squeeing.
Bad example. Team Ninja's Metroid game (can't even remember the name) wasn't all that great. Kittens, on the other hand, are always great.

Metroid: Other M. Otherwise known as The Game That Does Not Exist.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87861 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

Error: Title already taken years previously be LoZ CDi games. Please choose another.
 ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87862 on: September 10, 2012, 09:17:45 pm »

Error: Title already taken years previously be LoZ CDi games. Please choose another.
 ;)
"Well Excuse me princess!"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:19:54 pm by Tellemurius »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87863 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:31 pm »

You forgot the italics.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87864 on: September 10, 2012, 09:20:00 pm »

fixed :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87865 on: September 10, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »

;)

Error: Authorization needed.

Error: Authorization needed to request authorization.

Error: Authorization needed to request authorization to request authorization.

Error: Authorization needed to tell Adam to fuck off.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87866 on: September 10, 2012, 10:09:19 pm »

Error: Authorized.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87867 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »

My dad's exploring the great deserts of Utah. He's found some weird stuff including a dinosaur track, vandalism from the late 1800s and this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87868 on: September 10, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »

The Bay12Speak chat is now live! I think.

Anyway, info is here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87869 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:18 am »

Playing Magic with a buddy, excessive nerdliness follows for the curious. He's got a deck based around coin flips and the abuse thereof. I win the first two games solely because I have a Platinum Angel out very early in the game, and he doesn't actually have any way of causing more than 3 damage to it since most of the deck is based around getting out Chance Encounter and making a shitload of flips. The third one I win because of that Primordial Hydra, who manages to steamroll over his life about 2 turns before he'd finish winning. Though a Creepy Doll actually killed the 22/22 Hydra, and I wound up winning with, of all things, Birds of Paradise equipped with Argentum Armor.

Also, should I just start a Magic thread?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5856 5857 [5858] 5859 5860 ... 13325