Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791649 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Wolfy's Twitter
Just put on a party hat, was very disappointed when it didn't conjure a thief, bard and cleric for me. Would not buy again.
I love my friends.

What is that referencing? I'm just too curious to not know.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

An adventuring party.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I saw Gabriel the magic goodies vendor every time I went into the GBL Hatchery. Like, 7 times in a row. He should not be appearing this much, but it's a good thing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Holy shit, that was the worst fun ever. I didn't have time to run yesterday, so I thought I'd run a really hard workout today to make up for it. Decided to run about a mile (~1600m) to the track to do some 1600m repeats. (10x1600 with 400m jog between each, for the curious.) I borrowed my brother's watch so that I could get splits, and that's where shit hit the fan.

For some reason, that watch doesn't have a standard up-count timer. Instead, it sets the timer to the previous hour (19:00:00 in this case) and starts counting down. So I ran the first one at a fairly good clip, but as I hadn't run a timed 1600 in a while, I wasn't sure what to expect. Looked down at the end and saw 18:53:57, and I thought, "Hey, that's close to 18:54, which means I did that one in 6 minutes. I'll just keep doing that."

You may have noticed that that was actually slightly over five minutes. So I ran the next one, and it was about 10 seconds slower. I held that pace for a few, but then started dropping off a bit. By the seventh or so, I was running close to what I thought was 7 minute miles, and I was pissed. I got two side stitches (one on either side) and a shoulder stitch on number 8, but finished right on what I thought was 7:00. Number nine was slower due to the aforementioned pain, and I was getting downright furious with myself by the time the fourth lap of that one rolled around. Staying near 6? I was going to run over 7!

So with about 150 meters to go in the ninth lap, I started sprinting like a madman. And then I didn't stop for the 400m recovery. I just kept going. A thought sprang unbidden to mind, in my own voice: "There is blood in my veins, foam upon my lips, and sweat on my brow. What compares to the terror of the chase, or the exultation of the hunt?" There was just me, the track, and the long-forgotten pain. I ran like crazy, form going out the window. On the last lap, I don't think I blinked, regardless of the sweat sliding into my eyes. During the final sprint, I started laughing. I don't know why, but I felt as light as a feather, invincible, unstoppable, joyous beyond measure. I crossed the line, immediately rolled onto the grass on the inside of the field, and threw up. Then I laughed some more, stood up, grabbed my shirt off the fence, and left. Only when walking home did I realize that I had been miscalculating the times: that last one ended up being a 4:54, a personal best.

I'm going to be sore for days.

((And I think I scared the crap out of those old joggers.))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Just learned a valuable lesson about how to stand directly in front of a dragon. Do not stand directly in front of a dragon.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I saw Gabriel the magic goodies vendor every time I went into the GBL Hatchery. Like, 7 times in a row. He should not be appearing this much, but it's a good thing.

Gabriel's a treat xD
He really appears too much for his own good though :P

Me, I finally reached the Upperworld (Gent) and am attacking steampunk technology, with people firing pistols, riding motorcycles, throwing grenades, using flamethrowers. . . Level 56, btw. xD I'm hoping to be able to get to Level 60 so I can use the Enormous Flyswatter!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Gabriel's a treat xD
He really appears too much for his own good though :P

Me, I finally reached the Upperworld (Gent) and am attacking steampunk technology, with people firing pistols, riding motorcycles, throwing grenades, using flamethrowers. . . Level 56, btw. xD I'm hoping to be able to get to Level 60 so I can use the Enormous Flyswatter!
I used to love Gabriel for the purple equipment he sold. Now, all the magic sealed stuff is way better, and cheaper. I still like it when he stocks cubes though because I hate disassembling stuff.
e: Also, if you play the Korean version, do you know how Avenger is? Just asking in the hopes that I may get a little preview before it comes out in NA.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:27:13 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Avenger... He's OK. Anything specific you want to know about him?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Is it more physical or magical? Or a choice, like Exorcist? That's really the only thing I can think of, sorry.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

He's completely magical. Has a bunch of skills like throwing a yoyo that hurts, turning into a porcupine, turning into a rolling red ball of crushing damage, turning into a purple shadow tentacle thing that catches enemies and rips them apart... The animations are colorful. xD

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Thanks. Sounds like excitement. I'll probably hold off on making one for a few weeks though, because they'll be the new hot thang.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit, that was the worst fun ever. I didn't have time to run yesterday, so I thought I'd run a really hard workout today to make up for it. Decided to run about a mile (~1600m) to the track to do some 1600m repeats. (10x1600 with 400m jog between each, for the curious.) I borrowed my brother's watch so that I could get splits, and that's where shit hit the fan.

For some reason, that watch doesn't have a standard up-count timer. Instead, it sets the timer to the previous hour (19:00:00 in this case) and starts counting down. So I ran the first one at a fairly good clip, but as I hadn't run a timed 1600 in a while, I wasn't sure what to expect. Looked down at the end and saw 18:53:57, and I thought, "Hey, that's close to 18:54, which means I did that one in 6 minutes. I'll just keep doing that."

You may have noticed that that was actually slightly over five minutes. So I ran the next one, and it was about 10 seconds slower. I held that pace for a few, but then started dropping off a bit. By the seventh or so, I was running close to what I thought was 7 minute miles, and I was pissed. I got two side stitches (one on either side) and a shoulder stitch on number 8, but finished right on what I thought was 7:00. Number nine was slower due to the aforementioned pain, and I was getting downright furious with myself by the time the fourth lap of that one rolled around. Staying near 6? I was going to run over 7!

So with about 150 meters to go in the ninth lap, I started sprinting like a madman. And then I didn't stop for the 400m recovery. I just kept going. A thought sprang unbidden to mind, in my own voice: "There is blood in my veins, foam upon my lips, and sweat on my brow. What compares to the terror of the chase, or the exultation of the hunt?" There was just me, the track, and the long-forgotten pain. I ran like crazy, form going out the window. On the last lap, I don't think I blinked, regardless of the sweat sliding into my eyes. During the final sprint, I started laughing. I don't know why, but I felt as light as a feather, invincible, unstoppable, joyous beyond measure. I crossed the line, immediately rolled onto the grass on the inside of the field, and threw up. Then I laughed some more, stood up, grabbed my shirt off the fence, and left. Only when walking home did I realize that I had been miscalculating the times: that last one ended up being a 4:54, a personal best.

I'm going to be sore for days.

Awesome. Babar, I think this might be of interest to you... an NPR Radiolab Special on the physical limits of the body, as opposed to the limits our mind imposes on us. They interview marathon runners, cross-country bikers, and other folks who find ways to push themselves farther than they have any reason to push themselves, by tricking themselves, hacking their brains, and more... basically as an exploration of human limits.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

((And I think I scared the crap out of those old joggers.))
That's got me grinning like a madman, bravo

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Why are dogs so cute  :'(
I wish I was in a situation to live with one. Or a cat.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I just got a new phone.

So cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 ... 13325