Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5402 5403 [5404] 5405 5406 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798973 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Found a site hosting downloads for some LNs I've been meaning to read in ePub format.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

An interesting take on E3: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/05/e3s-press-events-do-not-represent-the-gaming-i-know/

Also:
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-06/nasa-adopts-two-spare-spy-telescopes-each-maybe-more-powerful-hubble
NASA has acquired a pair of previously classified, unused spy satellites the government had sitting around in a warehouse; both as powerful or more so than Hubble.
“The hardware is approximately the same size as the Hubble but uses newer, much lighter mirror and structure technology,”
The new telescopes are “actually better than the Hubble. They’re the same size, but the optical design is such that you can put a broader set of instruments on the back,” he said.
The telescopes have been declassified, though they remain sufficiently sensitive that neither the NRO or NASA would provide a photograph of them. At a presentation to scientists Monday in Washington, Alan Dressler, an astronomer at the Carnegie Institution for Science, showed an image of one of the telescopes, but it was so thoroughly blacked out — redacted for national security reasons — that the audience burst into laughter.

The surprise announcement was a reminder that NASA isn’t the only space enterprise in the government. Analysts believe that the United States spends more money on military and intelligence space operations than on civilian space efforts.

But of course, NASA's budget is so small they probably won't even be able to afford to launch them.
He said that, using plausible budgets, 2024 would be the earliest date to launch one of the two telescopes unless the agency received additional funding from Congress. “Any dates earlier, like 2019 or 2020, is if money is no object,” Hertz said.

And that is the projection for just one of the telescopes. The other seems destined to remain firmly on the ground for the foreseeable future.

“We don’t at this point in time anticipate ever being rich enough to use both of them, but it sure would be fun, wouldn’t it?” Hertz said.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:46:23 pm by alway »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

I am just having an overall awesome day today. First, it snowed from 1am to 9:30am. I got to talk with an old friend again, and we're getting to do so more often. Another friend of mine is drawing fanart of my characters. And thanks to you guys I now know of Pikmin 3. Top that all off by rediscovering some epic music and you have my 5 hours so far.
くコ:彡

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Day 2 of my co-op and I'm already writing code for a new product whose software will be developed almost entirely by me. A product which, so long as it doesn't completely tank, will be a multi-million dollar project (though, granted, there is a lot of hardware stuff which will go into is, so it's not just software).

Yay, relevance! :D

On the first day, I had pretty much nothing to do and so was dreading the 7:30 - 5 hours; but with coding, they fly past!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:28:51 pm by alway »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

AGFDASFGFDGAAFSD

MY FRIEND FINISHED THE FANART OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
くコ:彡

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Spent the day running virus, malware, and registry scans on the entire hard drive. No bad stuff! Always a good thing :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-prop-8-20120606,0,2755661.story

I am both happy and terrified.... Wonder is equal parts respect and fear.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...I don't trust our Supreme Court.  Now, if Scalia would do us all a favor and pass away, perhaps I could be a bit more hopeful.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I cannot believe that worked. Garlic alfredo + ginger + vinegar + soy sauce + michiu + habanero cheddar = Pretty Fucking Good Somehow? Whatever, cooking, your laws confuse and delight me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Been playing ToME4. Apparently it scratches an itch I didn't even realize I had.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

What does ToME stand for?

EDIT: No idea how I misspelled "what"  :-[
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:43:52 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Been playing ToME4. Apparently it scratches an itch I didn't even realize I had.
Do far portals, do far portals! Ride the pain train!

But yeah. Live chat, OG thread, IRC channel, actual t4 forum that's fairly active. Questions you may have can be answered! Also code diving. The .team file can be uncompressed with pretty much everything and most of the code is LUA and fairly easily readable.

Been running an antimagic mindslayer most recently. Only one death so far, heh, and I just got ahold of the fungus tree <3

Siri: Tales of Maj'Eyal, nowadays. Used to be, uh. Either tales or troubles of Middle Earth (and way, waaaay back, it was PernAngband), but was switched to offset potential copyright issues and is better for it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:40:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-prop-8-20120606,0,2755661.story

I am both happy and terrified.... Wonder is equal parts respect and fear.
They aren't going to vote on it until next june?

This will be the longest year of my life D:
Pages: 1 ... 5402 5403 [5404] 5405 5406 ... 13325