Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4953 4954 [4955] 4956 4957 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15743667 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #74310 on: March 17, 2012, 11:19:58 pm »

Achevement unlocked!

Serious Morning Breath: Sleep for more than 20 hours in a single day.
I never understand how people do this. I can make it to like 16 hours or so but after that point I just physically cannot bring myself to sleep any more.
I'm sick. *shrug*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74311 on: March 17, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »

So, in other news, the new graphics card seems to be working well, although my computer is now a little noisier than I'd like. I need to find a decent game to break it in with.

the smaller a fan is on a GPU the louder it is, i seem to have a jet turbine affixed to mine judging by sound. i just pound my fist on the desk every time it starts making noise.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74312 on: March 17, 2012, 11:32:56 pm »

So, in other news, the new graphics card seems to be working well, although my computer is now a little noisier than I'd like. I need to find a decent game to break it in with.

the smaller a fan is on a GPU the louder it is, i seem to have a jet turbine affixed to mine judging by sound. i just pound my fist on the desk every time it starts making noise.
The GPU has two fairly large fans on it. But I'm pretty sure it's the huge fan on the new PSU that's making all the noise, not much I can do about it except put up with it though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74313 on: March 17, 2012, 11:33:36 pm »

The GPU has two fairly large fans on it. But I'm pretty sure it's the huge fan on the new PSU that's making all the noise, not much I can do about it except put up with it though.
its the power pull expect it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74314 on: March 17, 2012, 11:34:42 pm »

Nitrogen cooling is the obvious solution here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74315 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »

My god, the Magicka soundtrack is amazing!
Yeah, I know, old news, but I constantly see people praising the soundtrack of games like Super Meat Boy and Bastion. Don't get me wrong, both those games have stellar soundtracks, but nobody ever talks about Magicka's music although the game itself is fairly popular.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74316 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:53 pm »

Nitrogen cooling is the obvious solution here.
Nitrogen cooling is fun, until the top of the canister comes off. Then if becomes Fun. I had a friend who ended up spending 30 bucks on burn cream from that stuff.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74317 on: March 17, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »

I just had a pathos moment. On reddit. My mind is full of fuck and happy.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74318 on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:38 pm »

Finally got around to updating to VLC player 2.0.

Also, decided to play some DotP today, a change from the MTG:O I've been playing, and it's a bit refreshing. On MTG:O you're always butting heads with people that play the game way too seriously and are more than happy to spend hundreds of dollars into the game for the best things, on DotP, everyone's on pretty even footing.

However, I'll be damned if I can find an online opponent, so I'm off to play against the AI and unlock some of the stuff I never got around to. Why's this happy? Because I'm demolishing it. You see, when the AI is put into a tough spot, it just makes the computer WORK HARDER to think of a way to win, and this causes my computer's fan to turn on. This produces a low but noticeable hum indicating "GODDAMNIT JOSH STOP...MAKE...ME..THIINK!!!"

Especially satisfying since the AI has the 'playing personality' of a smug 12-year old rat bastard.

Plus, I got a screenshot of a fun graphical glitch:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In it, you can see in the upper left of my battlefield, the game's placed my saproling token upside down. It stays that way until I make the second one. The game is so full of glitches, I especially like the one where an opponent's card gets placed into my graveyard instead of theirs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #74319 on: March 17, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

Managed to play and beat Ace Combat 4 within 2 days; and just as well, I think I have sufficiently celebrated St. Patrick's day tonight. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74320 on: March 18, 2012, 12:12:13 am »

So I emailed a professor who was doing a webcast I was watching. I explained to him where I was, and how I was enjoying watching the lectures, although it was extremely difficult to hear what the students say. He responded back saying he was very interested to hear about me, and that he would ask the students to speak up.

Today I caught up to the lecture he gave after receiving my email, you can listen to what he says here: It's lecture 14.

He describes me as living in "Rural Ohio" , and being very interested in what the students have to say. 
He makes me sound like a farm hand that daydreams of making it off to the big city some day, rather than a young Englishman living in a slightly dilapidated suburbia. Seriously, this guy is a historian, shouldn't he be able to get his facts straight? :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #74321 on: March 18, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

I just got back from captaining the first team from my school to ever defend its state title. Knowledge Bowl State champion team two years running, awww yeeeaah.
So is that like Quiz bowl or how does knowledge bowl work?
Yes and no. From what I've seen of Quiz Bowl (Being only a single Science Bowl tournament), these are the similarities:

1. There are academic questions
2. There is a finite amount of points to be earned per round.
-snip-
We have a tweaked version of QB rules where it's just fifty questions and our bonuses are worth the same amount of points, but bonus points are really the deciding parts of a game (i.e. if you fuck up during a bonus round chances are they have like twice as many points when you start regular toss ups. I got 2nd top scorer in conference as a freshmen, so I like to think I'm pretty good.
I didn't really like that aspect of Quiz Bowl. Momentum builds really quickly, and it's hard to come from behind. In the championship round, it was neck-and-neck for the first 40 questions until we suddenly ran away with it. It's a lot more exciting that way.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74322 on: March 18, 2012, 01:24:26 am »

Achievement Unlocked!

Da Fuq, Brain?: Be positively giddy over purchasing pink bed sheets.

you know, about 50 years ago, pink was manly, and blue was for girls.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74323 on: March 18, 2012, 01:34:45 am »

Achievement Unlocked!

Da Fuq, Brain?: Be positively giddy over purchasing pink bed sheets.

you know, about 50 years ago, pink was manly, and blue was for girls.

:o

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #74324 on: March 18, 2012, 01:37:29 am »

Well, it was quite a bit older than that, I think.

Yeah. Pink was the less bold version of the masculine red, and blue was the standard color of wedding dresses. (I forget the symbolism for that one, but red has always been associated with masculinity in most western societies.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4953 4954 [4955] 4956 4957 ... 13325