Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4810 4811 [4812] 4813 4814 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763059 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72165 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:24 am »

It's the one that isn't Brotherhood.
Hrm... Or at least I was... The site I was watching it on has apparently attempted to give my computer uninvited guests. Ah well, guess it was time for bed anyway.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>))))] [>))))]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72166 on: February 21, 2012, 03:08:21 am »

Probably not the most appropriate thing to post here, as I'm having second thoughts about leaving it here. Sorry if I offended anyone with my stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:34:20 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72167 on: February 21, 2012, 04:00:30 am »

Looked at the personal design blog of the artist working on Cortex Command, and found his Lego redesign project. Why is he not working for the company? I love his figurine redesign, his proposals for storage of legos (which was always a problem when I was a kid) and some of his models would breath new life into the aging toy line.

I would totally buy some of this stuff. Especially the chibified scale space Lego thing. Definitely puts more personality into those blank figures without doing what Lego is CURRENTLY doing to their figures in that OTHER line.

I seriously love the Lego Figure redesign... the whole theory makes the toys and figures more versatile and fun... and mechanically they're really well-thought-out!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I'm not too up on my modern Lego, but do you mean that attempt to Barbiefy Lego so it "appeals to girls"? Yeah, that bugs me... or rather, the whole "Got a boy? Give him cars and guns! A girl? Get her baby dolls and kitchens! If they like the other toys, tell them they're wrong!" thing. We've made a good bit of progress in sharing the guns and cars and kitchens and babies across gender lines, but the toys we let our kids play with are lagging behind. Not a good way to set our kids up for this bright new future of gender equality.

If they're going to go on segregating kids toys like that, though, I'd hope someone would make a line of girls toys that specialize in knights and race cars and fighting robots and all the cool adventure-type stuff boys get. Heck, you could even make them pink. Just something other than beauty salons and bottle-feeding tutorials.

EDIT: Oh god... something like this.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:08:40 am by Solifuge »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72168 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:29 am »

Looked at the personal design blog of the artist working on Cortex Command, and found his Lego redesign project. Why is he not working for the company? I love his figurine redesign, his proposals for storage of legos (which was always a problem when I was a kid) and some of his models would breath new life into the aging toy line.

I would totally buy some of this stuff. Especially the chibified scale space Lego thing. Definitely puts more personality into those blank figures without doing what Lego is CURRENTLY doing to their figures in that OTHER line.

I seriously love the Lego Figure redesign... the whole theory makes the toys and figures more versatile and fun... and mechanically they're really well-thought-out!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I'm not too up on my modern Lego, but do you mean that attempt to Barbiefy Lego so it "appeals to girls"? Yeah, that bugs me... or rather, the whole "Got a boy? Give him cars and guns! A girl? Get her baby dolls and kitchens! If they like the other toys, tell them they're wrong!" thing. We've made a good bit of progress in sharing the guns and cars and kitchens and babies across gender lines, but the toys we let our kids play with are lagging behind. Not a good way to set our kids up for this bright new future of gender equality.

If they're going to go on segregating kids toys like that, though, I'd hope someone would make a line of girls toys that specialize in knights and race cars and fighting robots and all the cool adventure-type stuff boys get. Heck, you could even make them pink. Just something other than beauty salons and bottle-feeding tutorials.

EDIT: Oh god... something like this.
I think that redesign of the minifigure could use some work, because, as it stands now, it looks a bit robotic. Other than that, I really like his ideas.

Also, I recall reading some article about the legos for girls in a magazine my grandma had. Ah, here's an online version. Apparently this new line came out of an extensive study by Lego of children around the world and their play habits.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:08:56 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #72169 on: February 21, 2012, 05:21:35 am »

Girls lego. Awesome. This is my final excuse to buy a few boxes and then break out my own old collection :D
I love what that guy designed, had to laugh at his "negro kisses" box though, and his own design for a box, I had that as a kid. It was originally made to sort screws and nails.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #72170 on: February 21, 2012, 10:03:09 am »

[Funny look] "So you got yourself a divorce kit huh? You nuts? That's like buying a scalpel and trying to operate on yourself. What cemetery you goin' to I'll visit you there.... Of course it won't kill you, you'll wish it did when you screw it up." :P

Somebody finally got the point and all it took was this. It's really a "pay me now or pay me much more later," situation. I'm happy to charge less to do it right the first time rather than clean up their headache inducing mistakes later. I've got another guy who is so screwed from one of these online crap kits and is still liable for credit card debt his wife totally wracked up for the express purpose of screwing him over.

People, insanely cheap means you're insane if you bite....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72171 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:27 am »

Aren't those kits meant for, like, amicable divorces or something?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72172 on: February 21, 2012, 10:06:14 am »

Also, how much is an amicable divorce supposed to cost, anyway?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72173 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:53 am »

Redesigning legos is a difficult job of making a bunch of small, fragile pieces work together in a flexible way that won't fall apart under expected strain of kids playing with them. I can't imagine their minifigs getting more joints without becoming too robotic. You just delve into Bionicle territory like that. The chibi stuff at the bottom of the page wouldn't work, but it is nice to think about how it would look.

All I can think of is how well Brikwars games would go with some of those things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72174 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:01 am »

That's called a "dissolution" keyword: amicable.
What we usually charge? Give or take:
Without kids $500 atty fees, $250 court costs.
With kids $600 atty fees, $300 court costs.

That is the cheaper option, trust me. Of course that assumes that they don't argue and fight too much....Everybody comes in wanting the dissolution, because that means cheaper..... It ain't a menu. If you get along, dissolution. If you don't, divorce. :)

Aren't those kits meant for, like, amicable divorces or something?

Depends on which rip off you bought.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72175 on: February 21, 2012, 10:27:08 am »

That is the cheaper option, trust me. Of course that assumes that they don't argue and fight too much....Everybody comes in wanting the dissolution, because that means cheaper..... It ain't a menu. If you get along, dissolution. If you don't, divorce. :)
You are full of good news, Truean! That's much less than I was expecting.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72176 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:21 am »

You are full of good news, Truean! That's much less than I was expecting.

Happy to give good news. Though, this is just with my firm, where we are. I've seen people charge much more for it. To be fair, it does depend on how complex it is. I've charged up to $3000 for a dissolution in complicated property situations (several houses, rental property which was not incorporated so several deeds redone and lots of other issues) with numerous kids ( 7 of them... custody, shared parenting, extracurricular activities, complicated health care needs and who provides/pays for that).Keeping in mind that Ohio counties charge $28.50/deed to record for new ownership etc, etc, etc. Basically the simpler the thing is, the cheaper, in theory.

I like to think of that case as paying for the booze it drove me to drink....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:34:54 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72177 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:03 pm »

That's a lot of booze.

Gives you leave to experiment, I think. ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72178 on: February 21, 2012, 12:59:47 pm »

The three of us could go drinking and pick up doods. >.> To help fight the sharks, of course.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72179 on: February 21, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »

Truean, I think Mister Zero is trying to seduce us.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4810 4811 [4812] 4813 4814 ... 13325