Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 [4766] 4767 4768 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760786 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71475 on: February 13, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

I love that song, and Cake in general.

I got my printer back into working order, kicked ass at the job despite multiple attempts by my boss to sabotage my work, found a few nice IT jobs that would see me driving around teaching people how to Computer right, convinced one of my friends to volunteer at the Bird Rescue with me this summer (and we might do a roadtrip to Washington too! :D), took care of some projects that have been hanging over my head, and am settling down to a nice big mug of spiced green tea.

It was a good day!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71476 on: February 14, 2012, 12:03:31 am »

multiple attempts by my boss to sabotage my work

Do tell.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71477 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:24 am »

I got my printer back into working order, kicked ass at the job despite multiple attempts by my boss to sabotage my work, found a few nice IT jobs that would see me driving around teaching people how to Computer right, convinced one of my friends to volunteer at the Bird Rescue with me this summer (and we might do a roadtrip to Washington too! :D), took care of some projects that have been hanging over my head, and am settling down to a nice big mug of spiced green tea.

It was a good day!
We should be a roving "LrnU2compute" team. That would be awesome. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71478 on: February 14, 2012, 01:20:48 am »

Max, if you have the business savvy, I would totally be down with that.

Do tell.

I don't know whether it's that I've almost been at my job long enough to qualify for a raise, medical benefits, and so on, or some kind of retaliation for being injured by their equipment while on the job. In any case, one of my bosses spent a few days last week trying to convince me to quit the job, and after failing that seems to have shifted his efforts to finding an excuse to fire me.

Anyway, a handful of my coworkers decided not to show up for the day (this happens regularly), leaving me to fill in for them in an unfamiliar department. Basically, I was sorting small packages coming down from various chutes, grouping and bagging them by zip code/destination, and sending them to appropriate delivery trucks. Knowing full well that this wasn't my usual job, and that I hadn't had a chance to learn all the various zip codes and cities yet, the aforementioned boss decided to secretly "test" me today, messing with the packages I was sorting by planting a bunch of mislabled and missorted items into my chutes all day, which if not caught would have been credited to me and been grounds for termination. Despite this, I caught every misload that he'd messed with and sent them right back to him.

God, I am so done with that place... can't wait until I can line up something else. Nevertheless, it felt pretty good to thwart this kind of thing. It'll feel even better when, after proving how much ass I can kick, I can leave them for something better. That's a bridge I wouldn't mind burning on my way out.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71479 on: February 14, 2012, 01:26:23 am »

Are you going to report him?  Isn't fucking with mail a federal offense?
Shoes...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71480 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:16 am »

Max, if you have the business savvy, I would totally be down with that.

Do tell.

I don't know whether it's that I've almost been at my job long enough to qualify for a raise, medical benefits, and so on, or some kind of retaliation for being injured by their equipment while on the job. In any case, one of my bosses spent a few days last week trying to convince me to quit the job, and after failing that seems to have shifted his efforts to finding an excuse to fire me.

Anyway, a handful of my coworkers decided not to show up for the day (this happens regularly), leaving me to fill in for them in an unfamiliar department. Basically, I was sorting small packages coming down from various chutes, grouping and bagging them by zip code/destination, and sending them to appropriate delivery trucks. Knowing full well that this wasn't my usual job, and that I hadn't had a chance to learn all the various zip codes and cities yet, the aforementioned boss decided to secretly "test" me today, messing with the packages I was sorting by planting a bunch of mislabled and missorted items into my chutes all day, which if not caught would have been credited to me and been grounds for termination. Despite this, I caught every misload that he'd messed with and sent them right back to him.

God, I am so done with that place... can't wait until I can line up something else. Nevertheless, it felt pretty good to thwart this kind of thing. It'll feel even better when, after proving how much ass I can kick, I can leave them for something better. That's a bridge I wouldn't mind burning on my way out.

What an ass. Give him what he deserves: A sabotage, assuming you can do it and do it stealthily.

Or report him.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:29:51 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71481 on: February 14, 2012, 01:29:02 am »

It was a good day!

Oh hey another person who does volunteer work with birds. Awesome.

Also on the subject of jerk boss. Report.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #71482 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

People who like CAKE? What, am I in hipster heaven? :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No one knows who CAKE are :(

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71483 on: February 14, 2012, 01:33:10 am »

None of the packages themselves were technically tampered with, and he was keeping close tabs on them (ideally, none would have made it off-site), so there's nothing I could report. Also, I don't believe in trading eyes for eyes like that; I get far more satisfaction from beating people at the little games they play and going on like it was nothing than I would trying to do the same back to them.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71486 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:33 am »

People who like CAKE? What, am I in hipster heaven? :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No one knows who CAKE are :(

You've met people that don't like cake?

talking the band here, but I guess this statement goes for all kinds of cake.
of theirs I like comfort eagle the best I think.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71487 on: February 14, 2012, 04:50:18 am »

Just going to leave this here: The latest version of DF is out!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71488 on: February 14, 2012, 04:57:46 am »

Ninja'd...

Oh, by the way. SO PSYCHED.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71489 on: February 14, 2012, 04:59:22 am »

Welp... Be back in a month guys! Was nice knowing you all!

DF AHOY!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 [4766] 4767 4768 ... 13325