Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4703 4704 [4705] 4706 4707 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764463 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70560 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:53 am »

I'm terrified this will be a snowless winter.
Ahahahaha, we haven't had snow since like '93. I'm not hoping for snow, it's not a thing that happens here. I just want a week where it stays below 70F. Honestly, at this point I'd be happy with one. Just... one. It hasn't happened yet, that I've noticed.

Florida's decided it's not even going to have the normal sham it calls winter, as near as I can tell. I can only imagine summer is going to be (even more of) an unholy hell (than normal).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #70561 on: February 02, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »

What are you talking about Frumple? We had winter, it started around 2 am last monday, and ended before noon that same day.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70562 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »

... yeah. Yeah, pretty much.

It's usually nice enough to give us at least a week of 50-60F weather, though. THat... that's usually in like october or december, maybe january. Feburary now. I can hope, I can hope. Not going to happen.

Bright side, though! At least the nitwits in the area equating local climate shift to global warming can be shut up really easily this year. It's something :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70563 on: February 02, 2012, 12:55:13 pm »

It seems the goundhogs are confused this year what's going on weather-wise just as much as everywhere else. Punxsutawney Phil claims 6 more weeks of Winter, whereas other groundhogs of other regions state otherwise. What do you think?
You'd think animal reactions to changing weather would be a good indicator of seasonal change (which I believe the tradition spawned from); but with the weather changing like a flipping coin, I understand the muddled predictions this year. Let's just hope our poles aren't changing beneath our feet.
Also little less than a week before cake day.
Rise and shine campers!  Because it's cooold out there

CHAPPED LIPS

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70564 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »

Also, i chatted lengthily with my unimates out in the cold. Fun, but cold. It made me happy despite my face almost going glacial on me.
I misread "unimates" as "urinates". Hilarity ensued.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70565 on: February 02, 2012, 01:36:11 pm »

It didn't make me happy but it sure made me laugh :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70566 on: February 02, 2012, 02:03:54 pm »

Ooh, next time you could go with Technocracy! All hail the Friend Computer!

Except computers are not our friends. Forget Skynet; fear Windows and seg faults!

@Truean - That's fantastical. Absolutely fantastical.
Truean, you're awesome.
The commonwealth thanks you for your services, Truean!

[curtsies] Thankies :D I shall be billing the commonwealth for $7.50 with which to buy some buffalo chicken tenders. :P

There's actually been several American Monarchist parties on and off for decades, some serious, some less-so. I'm kinda sympathetic towards monarchism myself. A good benevolent despot is better than most democracies, IMHO. The problem is when you get the not-so-benevolent ones....

Clearly, but sometimes I wonder if the certainty, good or bad, would be better than the bickering over which of the two sides are screwing us less currently. With a King, you know who's screwing you and there can be no doubt. You can always count on an evil despot to be evil. It simply will happen. All of these "good politicians," you can never predict and their intentions often form pavement to hell. Meh. Either way happy because:

Our conversations since this stunt have been exclusively devoid of politics! YAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [gasp] aaaaaaaay! We've been talking about carpentry and real estate and and home improvement and drywall and molding, and plumbing, and renovations and stuff! Stuff, I tell you! Stuff! :D It's dangerously close to interior decorating! :D It's wonderfully far from any type of politics. I don't know or care if the old man bought it or just got tired, or if what may or may not be a God has momentarily found this funnier than tormenting me, but either way he shut the hell up for some short period of time and talked about something else.

In other news, guy is beginning to call me again with some regularity. I'm not one of those people who demand constant attention when you date them, but come on, phone for 10 minutes a day? Pretty please? With sugar on top? I shouldn't have to practically beg for this. Show me you give a damn. An email, a text message, something, anything. Show me you want more than just the one thing every guy wants. I'm not even asking for long term anything commitment, but just show me you think of me once in a while and won't easily "forget" and run off. Just do it out of the blue and act like it isn't important/that it's regular, not like you're making up for something, or trying to get something. Talking to me and dare I say caring about me shouldn't be too much to ask in a dating relationship....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70567 on: February 02, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »

Making a candied bacon omelette for breakfast. Let's see how this goes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70568 on: February 02, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

Thank you for reminding me to get in touch with MY girlfriend, Truean. I appreciate it. Been too long. Where have I been that I forgot to get in touch with her?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70569 on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »

[curtsies] Thankies :D I shall be billing the commonwealth for $7.50 with which to buy some buffalo chicken tenders. :P
Given my current situation, I should come and eat buffalo wings with you sometime. :P (Don't worry. I don't have anything but wings on the mind. Demonstration of my appetite would be...off-putting, at best.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70571 on: February 02, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »

My dice game is going to be announced by Salvador Dali and Victor Hugo.  Dali will slowly devolve into madness and then be ousted by Hugo.

I am so bored, but this is going to be so much fun =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70572 on: February 02, 2012, 03:14:03 pm »

My dice game is going to be announced by Salvador Dali and Victor Hugo.  Dali will slowly devolve into madness and then be ousted by Hugo.

I am so bored, but this is going to be so much fun =/
Dice? What kind of dice?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70573 on: February 02, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »

It's a project for my compsci course.  The basic plan right now is that I have different announcements based on "level of madness" for each person, which will be stored in a few hash tables.  Dali gets more surreal, Hugo gets more architectural and melodramatic (at the end, he's going to start spouting Alexandrian verse).  When one gains a point of insanity, the other one steps in.  When both are at insanity level 3, everything is commentated by a killbot.

I dunno if I'll be able to do this, but I'm excited about it.  It'll certainly push some of my skills.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #70574 on: February 02, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »

Wife and son met me for lunch today at the office. :)
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com
Pages: 1 ... 4703 4704 [4705] 4706 4707 ... 13325