Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4651 4652 [4653] 4654 4655 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761873 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69780 on: January 23, 2012, 11:31:13 am »

Just got given a free computer 4x better than the one I have at home.

Yay.
Free is always good. Better than what you have is a bonus! Woo!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #69781 on: January 23, 2012, 11:59:31 am »

Just got given a free computer 4x better than the one I have at home.

Yay.

Same thing happened to me a while back. My dad had inadvertently fried mine while I was away from home (I'm still not sure what he was doing with a magnetic screwdriver in there...). When I got back from travelling, he'd gotten a new one with all sorts of gizmos and gadgets, and was kind enough to give me his old one. It's still strong enough to run games like Skyrim and BF3 at high, almost maxed, settings.

My old one would have been outdated by now anyways, so everything worked out smashingly well. Thanks for frying my computer, dad!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #69782 on: January 23, 2012, 12:29:50 pm »

This is the thread where everyone posted anything that's sort of interesting events that may or may not be related to any happiness derived from them, right? Sure, I'll join in.

So I was sitting earlier in class today doing what I usually do, half paying attention to what the teacher is saying and half lurking on these forums on my laptop. A lady-friend of mine was sitting on the opposite side of the room, the desks being arranged to form a sort of hollow square. So I continued with my usual business until I looked up and saw that said lady-friend was staring directly at me, with a completely emotionless face. Feeling rather unnerved about this unusual behavior, I meet her gaze for a few seconds, before doing a slight wave to trigger some sort of reaction, without any response. At this point I was unsure if she was actually staring at me intentionally or was just thinking deeply about something and not noticing where she was looking (later inquiries turned out to be the latter).

She continued this for about half a minute, after which she turned her gaze back towards the teacher as if nothing had happened, without noticing anything. I cannot recall the last time I was so thoroughly creeped out in such a fashion.  When it comes to such things, I am a rather stoic person. I can sure as hell be surprised, but there are very few things that can eerie me out like that, and even then it's not by much. But I swear, that persistant, emotionless stare was like the gaze of a vengeful god; The sort of stare that could cause more weak-minded men to drop dead on the spot.

She sure as hell got a tad more respect from me from actually being able to pull off such a feat.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69783 on: January 23, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »

First class of the new semester? Intro to Digital Games. Less than 30 minutes in and I could tell it was going to be an awesome class. An excuse to play and talk about games plus we're going to use Unity3D (which I already have some experience in) to make some demo sized games.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69784 on: January 23, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »

First class of the new semester? Intro to Digital Games. Less than 30 minutes in and I could tell it was going to be an awesome class. An excuse to play and talk about games plus we're going to use Unity3D (which I already have some experience in) to make some demo sized games.
Lucky bastard.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69787 on: January 23, 2012, 02:05:04 pm »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69788 on: January 23, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69789 on: January 23, 2012, 04:35:18 pm »

From today's math class:

Professor (asking me): What do you call those instruments used by robbers to break into gates?
Me: Lockpicks?
[extremely long, uncomfortable pause in which the professor just kind of stares at me]
Professor: How do you know such terminology?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #69790 on: January 23, 2012, 04:36:02 pm »

I'm happy to have a test case for my lawyer retainer program working well so far.

Background:
As some of you know, I've been trying to work out the kinks in an attorney retainer system where a person pays a lawyer $50-$100/month for pretty much whatever they need that I'm competent to do (no copyright litigation or antitrust, etc) and doesn't involve a conflict of interest etc. The higher the monthly amount the less the insured pool (people with the policy) would be. So it's like dividing a candy bar 2 ways instead of 3: your piece is bigger. Also it would ideally depend on prior criminal record just like any other type of insurance. Unfortunately there are numerous problems to be solved with this system before I can really do it to scale.

I made one of these contracts last year as a test and finally got called on it. Fine. She paid me $60/month for one year for a total of $720. She had been arrested before/prior criminal history. There are a couple months left on the contract.

The point:
Other attorney rightly pointed out that the legal fees alone would eat the case alive, swallowing all the money at issue and being rather expensive for both our clients. He was trying to get me to settle.

I merely smiled and said I was already paid in full for all services through a full trial. :)
The look on opposing counsel's face was priceless. If I had 11 more like that I'd print a calendar. He laughed at first, mistakenly thinking I was joking. Then he realized I was serious. He couldn't even hide the shock. He was actually afraid, good. The bastard would actually have to work for this one rather than pressure me.

I strongly suspect litigating this matter will easily cost his client, at his $355/hour rate, over $15,000 through trial. I'd say costing the other side $10K in litigation fees or pressuring them to settle very favorably with you for fear of those legal fees is a win in and of itself. Especially for the low fee of $720 and that's for more than just this. If anything happens to her in the next couple months I'll be there.

There are a lot of kinks left in this but if I can work it out, then I might have something here to both make me able to make a living in law, tell the large firm lawyers who look down on me to buzz off, and did I mention win in a whole new way? :P Now to straighten kinks when the damn iron won't work.... [glares at iron].

From today's math class:

Professor (asking me): What do you call those instruments used by robbers to break into gates?
[extremely long, uncomfortable pause in which the professor just kind of stares at me]

[offers hug if you're not feeling anxious anymore/having issues with that currently] :)  I love you hon. :P hehehe
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:39:58 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69791 on: January 23, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »

you rock so hard.

I merely smiled and said I was already paid in full for all services through a full trial.
The look on opposing counsel's face was priceless. If I had 11 more like that I'd print a calendar. He laughed at first, mistakenly thinking I was joking. Then he realized I was serious. He couldn't even hide the shock. He was actually afraid, good. The bastard would actually have to work for this one rather than pressure me.

Absolutely priceless.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69792 on: January 23, 2012, 04:45:01 pm »

[hugs]

Love ya too, babe ;D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #69793 on: January 23, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »

you rock so hard.

I merely smiled and said I was already paid in full for all services through a full trial.

Absolutely priceless.

[hugs]

Love ya too, babe ;D

Thanks you both [curtsey]. Hugs make me happy. :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69794 on: January 23, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »

From today's math class:

What, has this guy never played Elder Scrolls or anything? I knew what lockpicks were when my age was still in the single-digits.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4651 4652 [4653] 4654 4655 ... 13325