Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4616 4617 [4618] 4619 4620 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753236 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69255 on: January 13, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

A little part of me dies whenever these futuristic do-everything machines gets called a computer.

My brain kind of locked up when I saw you could buy a "computer" that didn't have an operating system, relying only on a browser.

There, fixed that for you. Fucking Chromebooks, anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69256 on: January 13, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »

A little part of me dies whenever these futuristic do-everything machines gets called a computer.

My brain kind of locked up when I saw you could buy a "computer" that didn't have an operating system, relying only on a browser.

There, fixed that for you. Fucking Chromebooks, anyway.
So very, very much this.
Chromebooks are doorstoppers if you have no internet, which seems like a rather big waste of money to me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69257 on: January 13, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »

My brain kind of locked up when I saw you could buy a "computer" that didn't have vacuum tubes or punch-cards.
Touche. Indeed, the small deaths began when Mssr. Babbage's difference engines began to be constructed without the use of phlogiston or Tesla's marvelous coils.

My brain was in quite a state when I noticed that they had become so passing simple that they were being constructed by Chinamen!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69258 on: January 13, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »

the small deaths began

You're orgasmic for tech development?  Well, that explains a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69259 on: January 13, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

Aren't we all?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69260 on: January 13, 2012, 03:22:17 pm »

the small deaths began

Congratulations, you've just unwittingly completed the prerequisite joke to enter my close circle of friends. That one never gets old.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69261 on: January 13, 2012, 03:26:31 pm »

the small deaths began

This is what I get for making jokes around a bunch of people entirely too literate for their own good. Unintentional double entendres, ho!  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69262 on: January 13, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »

Since I refuse to be the kind of person who just pretends to understand stuff I'm going to have to ask you to explain that one.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69263 on: January 13, 2012, 03:50:48 pm »

Since I refuse to be the kind of person who just pretends to understand stuff I'm going to have to ask you to explain that one.
"small death" or "little death" is a common (if archaic) English euphemism for orgasm. You see it in a lot of Victorian poetry, and I believe as far back as some of Shakespeare's sonnets. By the same token, "will" was a euphemism for penis. So when you read someone writing about how thinking of his beloved grants him such strength of will....yeah.

Also the reason why Gothic imagery mixes death and sexuality...it's sort of a double meaning.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69264 on: January 13, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »

Ah yes, the good ol 'will to live' euphemism. Come to think of it I think at least half the stories we tell during lunch at Ren Faire use that...

Anyway I finally started transferring some files from my old computer. Always fun to find stuff you'd forgotten about.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69265 on: January 13, 2012, 04:16:05 pm »

I'm just realizing there are a hell of a lot of crazy people in the world, some very seriously so. Yet despite all the years of calling myself crazy, and defective. I find it hard to actually place myself among them.

This is kind of sobering, in a good way.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69266 on: January 13, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »

My new monitor arrived this morning.  Got it slightly used for more than half the normal price ($525).  Incredibly cheap for a device of this quality.  Seems to be in perfect condition, and still has 2 1/2 years on the original warranty.  The resolution is stuck at 1280x800, but I'm sure I'll figure out that issue after work.  Super geeked out right now.  My old monitor is passing on to Hiro (who has his own computer built from my wife & I's own used parts), so we should have a super happy kid as well.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69267 on: January 13, 2012, 04:48:19 pm »

2 Soafs. New ones. Slightly used. From the village the other side of the valley to me, for 1/10th thier price new from sofaland or suchlike. Now to find out how to get them down (riding them?) and then back up 2 massive hills (we do hills properly in Wales)... and how to dispose of my old and broken ones.
This is a blank sig.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69268 on: January 13, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »

Still extremely happy today. Not tilde happy, mind you, but today was rather silly.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #69269 on: January 13, 2012, 04:57:46 pm »

2 Soafs. New ones. Slightly used. From the village the other side of the valley to me, for 1/10th thier price new from sofaland or suchlike. Now to find out how to get them down (riding them?) and then back up 2 massive hills (we do hills properly in Wales)... and how to dispose of my old and broken ones.

Use a pulley system with your old sofas as counterweights. New sofa goes up, old sofa goes down.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 4616 4617 [4618] 4619 4620 ... 13325