Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4425 4426 [4427] 4428 4429 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785147 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66390 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:48 pm »

Oh Link's Awakening, you rock so hard.
Oh Armok, this. This, this this this. It's hands-down my favorite, even beyond my nostalgia goggles. It's still just as good on subsequent playthroughs.

Note all the innuendo, too.

"You got Marin! Is this your big chance?"

"You look at the chest. Wow! This is a really nice chest!"

"Do you always go around looking in people's drawers?"

And then there's that witch in the forest with the potent substance, that when rubbed all over Link, makes him, ah, big and strong and come back after death. I could go on, but..
Oh yeah. Link's Awakening was probably one of the best LoZ games ever.

Right amount of difficulty, creative puzzles, interesting story, fun dungeons to raid. This list goes on.
You forgot the kickass music.  (Original) Ballad of the Wind Fish, anyone?  Or the Nightmare Battle music?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66391 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:38 pm »

INTERNET
IT CAME BACK
I MISSED IT SOOOO MUCH.
*Has been ecstatic lately.*

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66392 on: November 17, 2011, 10:12:33 pm »

So.  A solid eleven months after graduating, I've gotten my first response to a salaried job offer I've applied for, just days after pretty much giving up.

And after all my education in the process of government and all the headache it gives me, and finally deciding I should just resign myself to warehousing for a career because I can do it and I don't give a shit how I makes my monies, the first place to let me get a foot in the door, that I replied to on a whim...

A tax assessor position in one of DFW's most whitebread towns.  Welp.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66393 on: November 17, 2011, 10:28:31 pm »

So.  A solid eleven months after graduating, I've gotten my first response to a salaried job offer I've applied for, just days after pretty much giving up.

And after all my education in the process of government and all the headache it gives me, and finally deciding I should just resign myself to warehousing for a career because I can do it and I don't give a shit how I makes my monies, the first place to let me get a foot in the door, that I replied to on a whim...

A tax assessor position in one of DFW's most whitebread towns.  Welp.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.

What's a tax assessor do? Go around with a scary mask going "Ooga booga booga!" to dubiously wealthy people?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66394 on: November 17, 2011, 10:31:14 pm »

Yes, except it's a Guy Fawkes mask.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66395 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:07 pm »

He also is legally allowed to do all kinds of scare pranks to the wealthy 1% and "occupy their minds".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66396 on: November 17, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »

I was catching up on SMBC, and thought I'd just mention here that:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2429#comic
Was done at the beginning of Dark Science:
http://dresdencodak.com/2010/06/03/dark-science-01/

Dark Science did it better. But it's still funny.

I just felt like saying that. Carry on.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66397 on: November 18, 2011, 12:23:44 am »

Managed to sleep decently today but wish I could remember my dream. All I remember waking up and being surprised at the complexity and detail. I must start a new dream journal. My last one was a source of great comedy.

Tried Romance of the Three Kingdoms?
I've only heard of them and the last time because Toady mentioned reading them. Thank you for the suggestion. It's now the second Chinese book on my list of books to look into, the second being Journey to the West. A friend has been strongly pressuring me to start the A Song of Ice and Fire series also. There a load of comics I want to read at some point but I've just finished all of the collected 2000AD Sláine stories and all of the Ghost in the Shell manga and want something different.
Read the Song of Ice and Fire books, they are awesome. I'm currently re-reading them so that I can read the newest one.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66398 on: November 18, 2011, 01:45:15 am »

Random thought for the day. There should be a convention named "Panopticon". Perhaps for the Cthulhu mythos?

I'm not sure, but it needs to happen.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66399 on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:33 am »

I can't decide where this should go.
Spoiler: FIRE (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66400 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:35 am »

I can't decide where this should go.
Spoiler: FIRE (click to show/hide)

Oh my gosh what did you do? You could have played music instead!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66401 on: November 18, 2011, 07:46:19 am »

Read the Song of Ice and Fire books, they are awesome. I'm currently re-reading them so that I can read the newest one.
Late reply much hehe? I plan to after I'm done with Slaughterhouse 5 and Meeting the Other Crowd (a collection of Irish folk and fairy stories).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66402 on: November 18, 2011, 11:54:53 am »

Thanksgiving break!  I would be even happier if every professor didn't call it a study break.

As in, just study during the break pffffhahaha

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66403 on: November 18, 2011, 12:33:43 pm »

I have about nine hours into Skyward Sword.

Loving it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66404 on: November 18, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »

Starting to pull out of a week long sickness I've had. Not sure if it started with Red Tide or there was a bug floating about town.
Pages: 1 ... 4425 4426 [4427] 4428 4429 ... 13325