Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4365 4366 [4367] 4368 4369 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755244 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65490 on: November 01, 2011, 09:06:55 pm »

also, hey, the first omelette I ever succeeded at without creating scrambled eggs instead).

But it's vegetarian, so that makes it healthy, right? It's even got spinach!

I didn't realize eggs are vegetarian?...
Vegan is the word you're looking for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65491 on: November 01, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »

By certain definitions, yeah, they are. Similarly fish, although that confuses me. Eggs are rather different both nutritionally and  in terms of how they're obtained and the impact they have on the source animal, though there are certainly arguments against the whole horrific imprisonment thing that is standard in the industry. This is literally the only reason I can think of for lumping eggs in with dairy as seems to be common, since milk is (in theory) about equally damaging to harvest, but I digress.

For the curious, the sandwich contains:
1 loaf of garlic bread
2 carrots, fried
6 mushrooms, sauteed
1 block of cream cheese
1 small log of goat cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 avocados, mashed
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 macaroni and cheese frozen dinners
3 cups spinach
1 omelette
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup whole milk
    splash of sriracha
And some seasonings (garlic and onion, mostly)

Obviously, I've not yet been able to finish eating the bastard, and will return to it tomorrow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65492 on: November 01, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »

I didn't realize eggs are vegetarian?...

Vegan is the word you're looking for.

There's a lot of people that consider eggs to be vegetarian, and a lot that don't

I'll have dairy but not eggs, for example.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65493 on: November 01, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

By certain definitions, yeah, they are. Similarly fish, although that confuses me. Eggs are rather different both nutritionally and  in terms of how they're obtained and the impact they have on the source animal, though there are certainly arguments against the whole horrific imprisonment thing that is standard in the industry. This is literally the only reason I can think of for lumping eggs in with dairy as seems to be common, since milk is (in theory) about equally damaging to harvest, but I digress.

1 loaf of garlic bread
2 carrots, fried
6 mushrooms, sauteed
1 block of cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 avocados, mashed
2 tomatoes, sliced
3 cups spinach
1 omelette
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup whole milk
    splash of sriracha

Obviously, I've not yet been able to finish eating the bastard, and will return to it tomorrow.
.......... FUKKING SAVED TO MEMORY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65494 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »

I've always been interested in the thought process behind considering fish vegetarian. Is it a throwback to the faux-medieval view that fish aren't "animals" but instead something entirely different? Would insects be fair game in that case?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65495 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:56 pm »

I've always been interested in the thought process behind considering fish vegetarian. Is it a throwback to the faux-medieval view that fish aren't "animals" but instead something entirely different? Would insects be fair game in that case?
When you think of it, bug larvae look like rice, and fish take on similar form as grains and such. I can probably consider that as a view. Heck, they're just as plentiful.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65496 on: November 01, 2011, 09:25:16 pm »

1 loaf of garlic bread
2 carrots, fried
6 mushrooms, sauteed
1 block of cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 avocados, mashed
2 tomatoes, sliced
3 cups spinach
1 omelette
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup whole milk
    splash of sriracha

Hmm.. sounds good.. but I would get rid of the carrots (I only like them raw), avocados and spinach.
Also.. sriracha? that might be a tad hot for me..

Then it's something I would like.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:27:18 pm by Ultimuh »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65497 on: November 01, 2011, 09:26:04 pm »

Here in bengal, fish are considered fruits.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65498 on: November 01, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

I think it's more like a sorting scheme.  Chickens are "low" animals because they're so dumb but they're still "animals".  Fish are practically brainless, so people find it easier to not feel bad about them.

Probably also a "sustainability" weighting, an idea that chickens as an industry is a costly game but hey there's always a infinite supply of fish, right?  (Which is not true of course, and some commercial fish are actually on the way to extinction as the only genuinely wild animals we eat en masse, but it's easy to forget that looking at the big wide ocean.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65499 on: November 01, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »

1 loaf of garlic bread
2 carrots, fried
6 mushrooms, sauteed
1 block of cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 avocados, mashed
2 tomatoes, sliced
3 cups spinach
1 omelette
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup whole milk
    splash of sriracha

So let me simplify this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

Meh, some are against the abuse of cattle (hormones, overcrowding). Fishing just catches and guts them (unless from a fishery...), so less pain.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65500 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29:32 pm »

Well, we can always try to explore the deep ocean for fish we can eat. There's always colossal calamari. 1 Tentacle can feed a superbowl party. I heard elder gods would blow your mind.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:33:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65501 on: November 01, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

It's a very small amount of sriracha when the entire dish is considered (perhaps a teaspoon), so it doesn't make it hot so much as give the eggs a bit of flavor I enjoy. You can flavor them with pretty much whatever, but the sriracha won't make them hot so much as give them a bit of pepper flavor.

Here in bengal, fish are considered fruits.
Okay, I need to hear the explanation for this.

Further cause for happy that I forgot to mention! I also bought a burger at Hardee's today, which was both delicious for fast food and nostalgiatastic since I haven't eaten at one since before my grandfather died (he always used to take me to them, but then the one in my home town closed). He was a pretty great dude, and I have a ways to go before I catch up to his degree of awesome.

Also, I have a cake that I bought on a whim and which, from the heft of it, will be delicious. I'm not normally a cake guy, but Germany has pretty much the best desserts.

EDIT: Necro, it was actually closer to 15 servings of cheese. I'm too lazy to go look at the mozzarella, but there were 8 servings of cream cheese and 4 of the goat cheese.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65502 on: November 01, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »

Best fucking webcomic ever!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65503 on: November 01, 2011, 09:42:21 pm »

All I have to say on that sandwich is, you want to capitalize that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65504 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:20 pm »

Also, I have a cake that I bought on a whim and which, from the heft of it, will be delicious. I'm not normally a cake guy, but Germany has pretty much the best desserts.

... Seriously?  You voluntarily purchased Stollen?  I am not sure I know you anymore!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4365 4366 [4367] 4368 4369 ... 13325