Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782027 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64050 on: October 12, 2011, 11:49:11 am »

That asian restaurant at the train station is so tempting.
I'm blowing way too much money on maki  :o

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64051 on: October 12, 2011, 12:07:35 pm »

All tthe important bits, at least
I put a lock on my backup so nobody can steal it.
what I am doing asap

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64052 on: October 12, 2011, 12:42:21 pm »

Got some amazing books out of the library.  Now, off to the math building to see if I can't pull my grades out of the shitter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64053 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:25 pm »

After about a year of playing, I'm finally starting to get the hang of mafia.

Also rereading homestuck, and noticing all the things unnoticed the first time.
And actually reading the pesterlogs and stuff.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64054 on: October 12, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »

After a bit of slowed income (for longer than I would allow), and a mysterious lack of work (design and cleaning), I managed to finally get hold of my second job (cleaning) again, and will be able to work in it again next week; especially since I haven't been called in by the short time they previously stated (1 week, not 3+). So I should be able to earn something again (more immediately). Must've slipped their mind after the last job I worked.

[relevant]Plus, one of my design clients have been dragging out a project quite a bit. Not the quickest responder/reviewer, and what was supposed to take about a week (my negotiated time frame) to get done has taken 2 weeks (like I stated, they're slow, and aren't quick/to-the-point in their reviews either (at least 3 or 4 issues could've been worked out since the 1st draft, not the 3rd/4th)), and is still not done (only halfway done), and apparently the budget increased since I last negotiated, so I'm not too happy about that turn around. Additionally, with the time invested versus the fixed-payment, it's turned into minimum wage or worse. I'm hoping it can be over with soon enough. I was hoping to get paid sooner (or at least finished in less time) with this one; at least the cleaning will make up for that until it's time for me to collect.[/relevant]

With how I have things setup now, provided I get my design pay from my recent client in time, I should be able to sequence my designing (as I wind down from cleaning all week) and cleaning jobs (while I have no design work lined up/active) to rebuild my income steadily again. Let's hope it can remain stable this time, since both jobs went slow for a good few weeks in a row at the same time. I have a few bills I need to pay off; and I could use all the support I can gather. Let's just hope my next (design) clients aren't as annoying to work with. I'm not willing to work on ad banners again. Too much effort for something people are going to ignore anyway (chose it because it payed well enough at the time). At least I have a second, more reliable, job again; that's what matters.

In other news, I think I've finished just about every vanilla side-quest in Fallout 3 (no expansion pack quests), before alerting the Enclave, and ought to work on finishing the main story so I can collect the final bobblehead, and finally start wearing power armor. Talon Merc Armor and Leather Armor can only be scavenged so many times. Plus, I have at least 3 (fully repaired) power armors, a medical power armor, and an experimental T-51 in my closet I've been meaning to get around to using; as well as an Enclave Hellfire Armor from a random encounter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:10:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64055 on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:05 pm »

And actually reading the pesterlogs and stuff.
That would be important.

As for happy news.  I'm free today because Spanish was cancelled.  Fuck yarrr.  Time to play visual novels into the next millennium.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64056 on: October 12, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

Jefmajor made more Prospector videos  :D

Also getting better at Dark Souls ( after finding zombies that just stand there and let me wail on them wooooo)
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64057 on: October 12, 2011, 03:51:54 pm »

Bob Ross is on tv.  i r cheered up

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #64058 on: October 12, 2011, 03:53:48 pm »

Went to meet a TA man today, and he was Scottish. The type of Scottish that just casually fuckin' swears all the fuckin' time.

"Have ya been over to see the workshop here yet?"
"I haven't, no."
"Well, when ya get that form up, I'll fuckin' take ya over there and show you around and talk about the shit you'll be doin'."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64059 on: October 12, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »

Someone video'd one of the best games on avp yet...

Start at 38:00.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #64060 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »

Went to meet a TA man today, and he was Scottish. The type of Scottish that just casually fuckin' swears all the fuckin' time.

"Have ya been over to see the workshop here yet?"
"I haven't, no."
"Well, when ya get that form up, I'll fuckin' take ya over there and show you around and talk about the shit you'll be doin'."
Pfft. He curses lightly next to some around here.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64061 on: October 12, 2011, 04:07:50 pm »

Casual profanity is the best kind.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64062 on: October 12, 2011, 04:19:47 pm »

For nothing more than the cost of my signature, I now have 24 23 bottles of Guinness Extra Stout sitting on my counter.  Woo, free beer.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #64063 on: October 12, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »

I glanced under your post, wondered why anyone would pay beer for that, then realised what you meant.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64064 on: October 12, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

For nothing more than the cost of my signature, I now have 24 23 bottles of Guinness Extra Stout sitting on my counter.  Woo, free beer.
Dude, eternity in hell for two dozen bottles of beer?!
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 13325