Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4030 4031 [4032] 4033 4034 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762861 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60465 on: August 24, 2011, 06:05:13 pm »

21 + (4 audited) this semester; all but one upper-div; two insane professors with whom I am enamored/in love; six people to impress.

Hurray.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60466 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:17 pm »

Holy jeegus, people who have done more than 20. How. My roughest semester actually only had 15, I think, but that was only due to the fact that one of the courses I took ended up requiring about 15 or so hours per week on its own (ha ha 2 credits, my ass). Usually 16 or 17 was my norm, but I would have had no free time if I'd taken more'n that.

EDIT: By the way, you seem like a pretty awesome dude, so I would guess you can handle 17. Still, it really depends on the classes in question (see anecdote above), so if it turns out that you can't, no shame in that. Sometimes life just decides to be an insufferable fuckface and you do what you gotta do to deal with it. And you're still an awesome dude.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:26:24 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60467 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »

I've got no idea what 'credits' are, but I'm only doing four courses.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #60468 on: August 24, 2011, 06:29:46 pm »

12 credit hours.  If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing adequately.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60469 on: August 24, 2011, 06:30:54 pm »

Ahahahaha oh god, there is a Starcraft II article in the Wall Street Journal. Naturally everything is in quotation marks because how else are you supposed to talk about Zerg FE rush into their third Spanishiwa-style while Terrain 1/1/1's into a cheap victory? But the best part of the whole article is the second picture they use. A DARK TEMPLAR. No quotations, just caps. Like, "OHSHIT A DARK TEMPLAR!"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60470 on: August 24, 2011, 06:32:11 pm »

12 credit hours.  If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing adequately.

So I have to take at least 12 hours to be counted as a full-time student?  Sign me up for 12 hours then.  The bare minimum is more than enough.

Ahahahaha oh god, there is a Starcraft II article in the Wall Street Journal.

"I thought I'd come here for a quiet beer after a crazy day at work," said Michael McMahan, a 59-year-old carpenter who is a 17-year veteran of the bar, over the sound of noisy fans as he sipped on a draught pint.

But for sports-bar owners, "Starcraft" viewers represent a key new source of revenue from a demographic—self-described geeks—they hadn't attracted before.

"It was unbelievable," said Jim Biddle, a manager of Bistro 153 in Beaverton, Ore., which hosted its first Barcraft in July. The 50 gamers in attendance "doubled what I'd normally take in on a normal Sunday night."

For "Starcraft" fans, watching in bars fulfills their desire to share the love of a game that many watched at home alone before. During a Barcraft at San Francisco's Mad Dog in July, Justin Ng, a bespectacled 29-year-old software engineer, often rose to his feet during pivotal clashes of a match.

"This feels like the World Cup," he said. "You experience the energy and screams of everyone around you when a player makes an amazing play."

I'm just proud to say I will never ever be part of this.  Jumping up and down in a perfectly respectable crappy bar, to footage of Koreans playing videogames.  No.  I am not that big a nerd, and I never will be, self-described or no.

"OHSHIT A DARK TEMPLAR!"

GET IN THE DROPSHIP!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:37:47 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60471 on: August 24, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »

My dad told me to sign up for 12 credits but not 13, because each credit is like $400 and you need 12 for financial aid.

Edumacation ain't cheap, and considering the range of degrees I could possibly get it seems like a waste of money. How is a general education degree gonna change anything? I should just be messing around and taking a million fun classes like art and programming.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60472 on: August 24, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »

Plus, if you take a bunch of credits you can get done earlier and ultimately save. Just don't be a schmuck like me and wait 3 years to take a 2-semester requirement, because even if you could theoretically do it with summer courses and still be done in 3.5 years, maybe they don't offer Latin 102 in the Fall, the bastards.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60473 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

I have to take Spanish for a bit.  Bueno!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60474 on: August 24, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »

I'm doing both Latin and Greek. Good stuff.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #60475 on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

Holy fuck, i've been gone for a week. Apparently I got warned? for a racist thing?

then again, calling a southerner racist is like saying the government is fucked.

And foreign exchange student.

fallout 3.

Bluuuh

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60476 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:46 pm »

My life seems almost non fucked, I might very well be able to start up my old D&D game soon, that is much joy for me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60477 on: August 24, 2011, 07:43:57 pm »

Went out to lunch with my mother!  Textbooks acquired!  Better mood imminent!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #60478 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »

Holy jeegus, people who have done more than 20. How.
Calculus I, Physics I, Money Management, Psych 101, Western Civilizations 118, and Geography 216 are all pretty easy classes, and ones I already knew quite a bit about, barring Psychology.

My life seems almost non fucked, I might very well be able to start up my old D&D game soon, that is much joy for me.
This makes me happy as well.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60479 on: August 24, 2011, 07:57:48 pm »

How are you still 16 Barbar?!  I swear you were 16 when I was 16.
Pages: 1 ... 4030 4031 [4032] 4033 4034 ... 13325