Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3778 3779 [3780] 3781 3782 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807371 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56685 on: July 16, 2011, 02:50:45 pm »

Time to kill a thirty foot snake.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56686 on: July 16, 2011, 02:54:37 pm »

After playing through the sequence in Prince of Persia where you lose the dagger of time and can't use its powers, and spending a half hour playing through the same five minute sequence only to die over and over at the exact same jump, I no longer hate POP'08 for removing death entirely.
Shoes...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56687 on: July 16, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »

Great Touhou cover to listen to while jogging.
Matching the pace of the drums, I achieve flow.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56688 on: July 16, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »

(The same "friend" who put "redneck conservative" as his political beliefs and said that "Consoles are dirty and ugly and tough like fords, PCs are cute and pretty and crash and burn like toyotas).
Are you sure you didn't put it the wrong way around?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56689 on: July 16, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

Speaking of impractical home defense weapons...

My home defense relies on offering to cook some food for a home-invader, and telling them they're free to take whatever they want, since they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't feel they needed to. I'll do my damnedest to ask about what lead them to this point, and will try to set them up with a long-term life plan.

The better part of criminals (not the hardened repeat-offender sort) are average folks driven to it by uncommonly hard times. Moreover, if you can undermine the thin justifications any criminal uses to drive themselves to break and enter, you can be pretty damned sure they won't be able to keep at it. About as effective as a leg-wound with a handgun, and infinitely better for society.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:01:55 pm by Solifuge »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #56690 on: July 16, 2011, 03:00:22 pm »

I for one use the trusty old punji whip for my home defense.
Only weapons I need are these fists o mine.

And possibly the six inch knife embedded in my nightstand.

My home defense relies on offering to cook some food for a home invader, and telling them they're free to take whatever they want, since they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't feel they needed to. I'll do my damnedest to ask about what lead them to this point, and will try to set them up with a long-term life plan.

The better part of criminals (not the hardened repeat-offender sort) are average folks driven to it by uncommonly hard times. Moreover, if you can undermine the thin justifications any criminal uses to drive themselves to break and enter, you can be pretty damned sure they won't be able to keep at it. About as effective as a leg-wound with a handgun, and infinitely better for society.

I love this plan.

Also, home defense? That's honestly a thought that have never crossed my mind. Happy little Hvidovre <3 I guess?

Edit: To include Soli's edit.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:08:25 pm by Lysabild »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56691 on: July 16, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »

Seeing all the Soul Nomad discussion here today has made me happy. Funny thing is I was talking about it to someone just yesterday.
Hearing about Soul Nomad again made me happy. Now if only they made a psp sequal.....(that actaul makes it to the states unlike *COUGH LA OUCCLE LA TACTICS RAGNAROK EDTION*, I'll take that over two phantom brave remakes.
editr- Spelling
I agree with the remakes part, but I really hope you don't mean to say Phantom Brave was bad. It's probably in my top 3 favorite NIS games.
Also: Walnut for combo unintentional game reference linking. Bonus points for anyone who knows the deal.
Oh of course not, I'm in the middle of playing the psp remake right now and I have the wii version trapped in my pandoras box known as my closet(I keep most of the games that Im not activly playing for a while in there.)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56692 on: July 16, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »

(The same "friend" who put "redneck conservative" as his political beliefs and said that "Consoles are dirty and ugly and tough like fords, PCs are cute and pretty and crash and burn like toyotas).

I'm sure.  He didn't actually know what he was talking about, he was just going along the thought-train of "I don't like Squid, Squid represents everything I don't like, I don't like Toyota but I like Ford, Squid doesn't like consoles but likes PCs, PCs=Toyota and Consoles=Ford"
Shoes...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #56693 on: July 16, 2011, 03:24:42 pm »

I'm sure.  He didn't actually know what he was talking about, he was just going along the thought-train of "I don't like Squid, Squid represents everything I don't like, I don't like Toyota but I like Ford, Squid doesn't like consoles but likes PCs, PCs=Toyota and Consoles=Ford"
That's like saying "Steak is better than Sandwich, Steak is made of meat. Meat is opposite of Plant food, Plants grow on trees. Therefore Sun goes around Earth."
Wut?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56694 on: July 16, 2011, 03:26:52 pm »

That's like saying "Steak is better than Sandwich, Steak is made of meat. Meat is opposite of Plant food, Plants grow on trees. Therefore Sun goes around Earth."
Wut?
A>B, A=C, C is opposite of D, D=E
Therefore F circles G?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56695 on: July 16, 2011, 03:55:18 pm »

Wut?
Therefore F circles G?
B IS FER HOMO-SEX-YEW-AL COMMUNISTS.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #56696 on: July 16, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »

Wut?
Therefore F circles G?
I didn't find this funny, but then I looked at your avatar and imagined it saying it. Somehow it became funnier. Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56697 on: July 16, 2011, 06:17:01 pm »

Mountain Dew is finally in my possession again. I'd been suffering from withdraw.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56698 on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:15 pm »

Mountain Dew is finally in my possession again. My teeth thought they could live their lives in peace fow a while
Fixed that for you. 8)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56699 on: July 16, 2011, 06:51:07 pm »

Wut?
Therefore F circles G?
I didn't find this funny, but then I looked at your avatar and imagined it saying it. Somehow it became funnier. Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived.
Bog-eyed dwarven dark lords'll do that to a sentence.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 3778 3779 [3780] 3781 3782 ... 13326