Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3733 3734 [3735] 3736 3737 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770874 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] It's like milk you can drink. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56010 on: July 08, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »

Stole a sneak peek at one of my birthday presents. Flat screen TV  :D. My monitor has been sort of flickering recently, and my old TV got junked, so I am a very happy camper at getting a new one.

Hey, man, how do I get into your family? Seriously? Will you adopt a poor fellow?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56011 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:37 pm »

I've been play the last two entries in the fallout series recently, in particularly fallout 3 and it's add ons. I stuck my opinions on the politic stuff and rebuilding the world here.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56012 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »

Camping :3c
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56013 on: July 08, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaan

Just finished the first half of Braid again.  Feeling so good.  I wish they made more games like these.

I guess my favorite game list is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are other games that I like, but that's my list of ones that just make me feel happy and overall fabulous.  Dunno if I'll ever replay Iji or Eversion, though... not as much my favoritestesses.

Most of all, though, I want more games like Braid to play.  So great :3

Oh, and I finished reading City of God, which was both beautiful and confusing.  Now I'll probably go watch some GitS or read Powers or hell maybe even a little German homework :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56014 on: July 08, 2011, 08:30:27 pm »

Vector, for all our differences we have an awfully similar list of favorite games.

Mine is like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is not a top 10 as there's no way I could rank these.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:32:11 pm by freeformschooler »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56015 on: July 08, 2011, 08:30:40 pm »

Speaking of games, I'm almost finished with Deus Ex again.  I managed to get out of the cathedral without killing Gunther, because I escaped up a ladder and his chase-AI timed out while he was waiting for a door to open.  ...Then I opened the door and he was like GUTEN TAG and I was like O SHI and then I broke my legs falling off a ledge.

Morgan Everett's apartment is like a dadist/post-modern philosophy playground, and intentionally so.  As goofy as Deus Ex was, it manages to be surprisingly deep amid all the solipsist jokes.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56016 on: July 08, 2011, 08:32:22 pm »

Stole a sneak peek at one of my birthday presents. Flat screen TV  :D. My monitor has been sort of flickering recently, and my old TV got junked, so I am a very happy camper at getting a new one.

Hey, man, how do I get into your family? Seriously? Will you adopt a poor fellow?

Sure. Fair warning, the wealth and presents are just a tacky layer of paint over all the dysfunctional-ness.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56017 on: July 08, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »

...No love for Planescape: Torment?

I want Braid so bad, though. Too bad. I need to upgrade my old card one of these days so I can start to actually buy things over the Internets.

Also, Fenrirs post above made me want to give Cave Story another try... As my current computer isn't strong enough for newer stuff anyway, it seems like I'll never get a better chance than this. No shiny distractions either.
Love, scriver~

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56018 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:45 pm »

It's a great story and literary adventure, but the gameplay is a fucking chore on the way to the story.  It's almost enough to make me want to cheat when playing it, just to get through everything faster.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56019 on: July 08, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »

Never played it... I'd like to, but I don't want the black helicopters to come to this house and take me away >_>

Bah, what I really want to play some time is Pathologic and the Witcher games.  In Russian and Polish :D

Hmm... yeah, not too much else to say.  I like puzzle games and RPGs.  I probably would've put Portal on that list if I could play it without making myself sick.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #56020 on: July 08, 2011, 09:02:09 pm »

Universe Sandbox is probably one of the most awesome things ever.

"Hey what happens if I blow up the moon?" *BOOM* "Ooh, that's a pretty ring."

I just dislike how turning the speed up too high results in everything shooting out into space at .16 the speed of light.

Sorry Jupiter.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56021 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:03 pm »

It's a great story and literary adventure, but the gameplay is a fucking chore on the way to the story.  It's almost enough to make me want to cheat when playing it, just to get through everything faster.
ah cmon it's not that hard. Just cloudkill your way through.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #56022 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:34 pm »

Bah, what I really want to play some time is Pathologic and the Witcher games.  In Russian and Polish :D
If you do play Pathologic in Russian you'll have to tell me how well-written it is. Now that is a game that's painful to get through.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56023 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

If you do play Pathologic in Russian you'll have to tell me how well-written it is. Now that is a game that's painful to get through.

It's you!  On the forums <3

Yay~!

</fountain>

And yeah, I will.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #56024 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:01 pm »

On a whim, read some Hyperbole and a Half today.  Hadn't looked at it in a while.  So much fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3733 3734 [3735] 3736 3737 ... 13325