Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805169 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #48480 on: April 18, 2011, 06:18:30 am »

Oh, I read both minds and eldritch tomes with regularity.

Also, I don't have to bother getting my mom out of the office anymore so she can give me back the PS2 :D

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48481 on: April 18, 2011, 06:18:36 am »

Actually. This lock I can admit was bad. But I did it because simply... I guess I needed to see for myself how bad the reactions to this one simple thread being locked can get. Simply put I don't think it's worth locking on my part ever now simply because people react so badly to it. It's... Weird.

But yes I apologize for that one.

No real reason to apologize. You've managed to see that you have a considerable amount of influence on the forums, (or at least on GD), and folks will look at your actions and warnings and reconsider their own.
All in all, a pretty good outcome.

* Something Evil shoos _____ away again.
Yes. Social interactions work that way.

Except that's not an example anyone should be following. It's bad enough to lock a thread because you don't agree with what is happening in it, but to do it for something happening in a completely different thread? How is that at all a positive example?

If everyone follows that then you just have a ridiculous cold war where everyone is locking random threads for perceived slights everywhere.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48482 on: April 18, 2011, 06:19:51 am »

In all honesty, that sounds incredibly amusing.

And you seem to be discounting the existence of the "create new topic" button. Just because a thread is old and well established doesn't mean it's suddenly this magical taboo that you must not replicate
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48483 on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:16 am »

Tomorrow I'll be the prowd owner of a H. P. Lovecraft story-collection  :D
Looking forward to it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48484 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:36 am »

In all honesty, that sounds incredibly amusing.

And you seem to be discounting the existence of the "create new topic" button. Just because a thread is old and well established doesn't mean it's suddenly this magical taboo that you must not replicate
True. just look at all the random emotion threads scattered in the underpages, and the backup happy thread currently titled nothing like it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #48485 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:53 am »

Actually. This lock I can admit was bad. But I did it because simply... I guess I needed to see for myself how bad the reactions to this one simple thread being locked can get. Simply put I don't think it's worth locking on my part ever now simply because people react so badly to it. It's... Weird.

But yes I apologize for that one.

No real reason to apologize. You've managed to see that you have a considerable amount of influence on the forums, (or at least on GD), and folks will look at your actions and warnings and reconsider their own.
All in all, a pretty good outcome.

* Something Evil shoos _____ away again.
Yes. Social interactions work that way.

Except that's not an example anyone should be following. It's bad enough to lock a thread because you don't agree with what is happening in it, but to do it for something happening in a completely different thread? How is that at all a positive example?

If everyone follows that then you just have a ridiculous cold war where everyone is locking random threads for perceived slights everywhere.
DISCUSSION. FUCKING. OVER.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48486 on: April 18, 2011, 06:22:53 am »

God, I need a haircut too. The semester is over, and now I get to (continue to) look for Summer work! I'm looking forward to working again quite a bit, actually. Lazy summers end up getting unproductive fast without some structure in my life.

Also, one of my buddies (the one who hops on my livestream all the time) graduated with his degree! Yay graduation!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48487 on: April 18, 2011, 06:23:54 am »

Tomorrow I'll be the prowd owner of a H. P. Lovecraft story-collection  :D
Looking forward to it.
*Envies.*
Congratulations, man. Just make sure you keep it in a locked metal case lest it come alive at night.

Well, she did say she wanted to gauge her power on the forum, and apologized for the threadlock, saying that she won't do it for such reasons again. So I fail to see how this is still an issue. So,
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #48488 on: April 18, 2011, 06:24:37 am »

Started brushing my metric fuckton of hair for the first time in like 3 years. Looks nicer, feels nicer, glad I did. Also, not hungry anymore. Thank god for lunchtime.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48489 on: April 18, 2011, 06:25:29 am »

Yay for fun game.
Not yay for demo limits.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48490 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:41 am »

Yay for fun game.
Not yay for demo limits.
Game?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48492 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:55 am »

And who are you to decide this?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48493 on: April 18, 2011, 06:31:14 am »

I bet 15 dorfbucks.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48494 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:03 am »

And who are you to decide this?
IT IS OVER BECAUSE WE ALL STOPPED.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 ... 13325