Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771176 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46950 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »

Just got a TF2 Achievement for killing someone with an arrow when I was dead, except I was using bullets instead of Arrows.

What the crap.

I got the exact same thing, and it gave me the first milestone, which actually gave me the bow o.O
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #46952 on: April 10, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »

Just got back from a trip with a friend to see the ocean for the first time. Wow. I must have stared out into it for at least a half an hour. Everything about it was amazing. I can't believe I've lived a few hours from it for five years now and yet still hadn't made the time to see it.
I too have visited the ocean but rarely. It is an 8 hour drive minimum to reach it, but it was pretty awesome. I just wish I could swim.

Started reading The Tale Of Genji today, purportedly the world's first chapter book. It's strange that I've never even heard about this famous book save in Japanese class, but now I'm reading it. The Penguin Classics version, specifically. It's interesting, but incredibly hard to read. Have an excerpt from page 1.

In a certain reign (whose can it have been?) someone of no very great rank, among all His Majesty's Consorts and Intimates, enjoyed exceptional favor. Those others who had always assumed that pride of place was properly theirs despised her as a dreadful woman, while the lesser Intimates were unhappier still. The way she waited on him day after day only stirred up feeling against her, and perhaps this growing burden of resentment was what affected her health and obliged her often to withdraw in misery to her home; but His Majesty, who could less do without her, ignored his critics until his behavior seemed bound to be the talk of all.
     From this sad spectacle the senior nobles and privy gentlemen could only avert their eyes. Such things had led to disorder and ruin even in China, they said, and as discontent spread throughout the realm, the example of Yōkihi1 came more and more to mind, with many a painful consequence for the lady herself; yet she trusted in his gracious and unexampled affection and remained at court.

1. The beauty Yōkihi (Chinese Yang Guifei) so infatuated the Chinese Emperor Xuanzong (685-762) that his neglect of the state provoked a rebellion, and his army forced him to have her executed. Bai Juyi (772-846) told the story in a long poem, "The Song of Unending Sorrow" (Chinese "Changehenge"), Japanese "Chōngaka," Hakushi monjū 0696, which was extremely popular in Heian Japan.

That was less than a quarter of the first page. There are 1300 pages. That thing at the bottom? A footnote. One of the roughly 5000 that grace this book. It has been slow going, but informative about the culture of Japan as well as an interesting tale. Genji is a bit of a Marty Stu, but now that I'm on page 68 (middle of chapter 4) he's starting to show some flaws.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46953 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:46 pm »

You are a seal god that cannot swim? Also, can't you just sprint across?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46954 on: April 10, 2011, 09:09:36 pm »

It feels like I'm making progress. Disk repairs on the mac are still determining what to repair, but no cancel-outs so far, except for when I first attempted it while I was in an install screen (somehow, it interfered).

FAKEEDIT:
Buzz-up noise was heard. I think it's commencing actual repairs now. Finally, half an hour of waiting for it to figure out what to do. I think this is 1-3 years worth of no patching up. I know this will take awhile. :|

Checked it out. Yep, no longer have an undetermined blue peppermint stripe anymore. We're at what looks like 0.1% progress. YAY! We're rolling up the progress ramp! ;D

EDIT:
Recently got sigged.

Just as well. Checked back on my Mac, and 5% progress occurred after 10-20 minutes of waiting, and holy crap! Already got at least 10 pages worth of fixes made. My goodness, how was this thing still working?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:34:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46956 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:47 pm »

Haha, got a goblin the minute after I installed a cage trap. How do I get his stuff?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46957 on: April 10, 2011, 09:31:12 pm »

lol, win at OTTD, i had the most traffic and stable economy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46958 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This was pretty cool.
Fix'd
Lando, it looks like you've got some competition for best thing I've seen today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46959 on: April 10, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »

Woo for writers block disappearance.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #46960 on: April 10, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

You are a seal god that cannot swim? Also, can't you just sprint across?
Oh, sorry. Force of habit.

I am happy because I willed an ability to swim into existence on Thursday. I spent eight hours at a pool until I was able to swim from one end to another. Due to my build I will never be a great swimmer, but I'm passable for now. Still working on it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46961 on: April 10, 2011, 10:01:08 pm »

Super Meat Boy continues to entertain. I'm rank, uh 5300 or so on the scoreboards now. I'm waay ahead of my friends, save for Itnetlolor. When did you creep up so quickly, anyways?

Sometimes, I wonder if I should be worried about how much I can beat in SMB.
That game gets addictive. Plus, I also beat about 1/4 of the pink world. Light AND dark. Holy hell that cheerful place is difficult. Plus, I never thought Pepto Bismol can kill.

Last I checked, I'm about 20-10 levels to go before I unlock the absolute final boss fight. I also beat some retro levels, am on a quest to find glitched zones, and unlocked a few more hidden characters, as well as collected tons of bandages. The Kid (IWTBTG) is merciless to unlock. It's just like the game when trying to unlock him. At least he retains the double-jump.

There are still a crap-ton of dark world maps to beat though. Fortunately, I still have plenty of the earlier worlds to beat. Already A+'d World 1 light and dark. Still have some World 2, and plenty of World 3. Unfortunately, the unlocked mode far left doesn't contribute to my progress. But still. Climbing the ranks.

I might still consider livestreaming my attempts at the harder levels I haven't beaten yet, as well as unlocking more pink dark world levels.

Un-bricking progress:
Still at 5%. But at least my DVD player app is fixed. :I
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:13:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46962 on: April 10, 2011, 10:25:18 pm »

I'm currently listening to U.N. Owen Was Her on infinite loop. I blame you. Yes, that's right, you, dear reader. Even if you haven't ever actually posted anything about Touhou. Once, there was a time when I knew nothing of this menace, but now look at me. INFINITE LOOP. I post this in the Happy thread because I haven't yet gotten tired of it.

To reiterate, I hate you all. Also, the other thing... not dislike, I think it is. Yeah, that's the one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46963 on: April 10, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 13325