Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764782 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46170 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »

Vector's post up there makes me happy, because it correctly addresses an extremely shortsighted argument that boils down to trying to deal with a problem that (by definition) is a trend across the entire spectrum of media by looking at each individual piece and saying that since each one would be fine on its own (because there's no trend when you have only a single data point), all of them aggregated is also fine. And then carries on to expand the argument against that sort of nonsense beyond the immediate context.

In short, I can reply only with, "Hell Yes."

EDIT: And in the time it took me to type that, 6 replies. Curse you all!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46171 on: April 05, 2011, 01:06:30 pm »

I played Touhou.
It's not insanely hard or easy. It's fun. Mostly I need to practice.
If I had a not-crappy computer, I'd probably try to livestream it for some reason.

On the topic of tv shows:
I seem to be a bit weird about this in that as long as the characters are interesting, I don't care what color their skin is or what gender they are, or if they are disabled. yes, female protagonists are rare, but they are just as interesting as male ones as long as they are written well. Sadly, they seem to be mostly relegated to the aforementioned mindset of looking only for a boyfriend. Then again, you get a lot of male characters who are partly defined by their lack of a girlfriend and their want thereof.

I do agree that female main characters are rare, and that they can be interesting as well, but to be honest, I only think about this kind of thing when the author clearly says that one group is superior without any real-world reason.

Also: I like Circle of Magic too. Interesting spin on how magic works, and the protagonists are quite interesting.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46172 on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »

I played Touhou.
It's not insanely hard or easy. It's fun. Mostly I need to practice.
If I had a not-crappy computer, I'd probably try to livestream it for some reason.

On the topic of tv shows:
I seem to be a bit weird about this in that as long as the characters are interesting, I don't care what color their skin is or what gender they are, or if they are disabled. yes, female protagonists are rare, but they are just as interesting as male ones as long as they are written well. Sadly, they seem to be mostly relegated to the aforementioned mindset of looking only for a boyfriend. Then again, you get a lot of male characters who are partly defined by their lack of a girlfriend and their want thereof.

I do agree that female main characters are rare, and that they can be interesting as well, but to be honest, I only think about this kind of thing when the author clearly says that one group is superior without any real-world reason.

Also: I like Circle of Magic too. Interesting spin on how magic works, and the protagonists are quite interesting.
.... Normal mode? Or easy?
Because, screw hard mode.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46173 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:25 pm »

Normal. Why would I play on easy?

Normal is somewhat easy already, as long as I can get focused.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46174 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »

Hmm, I thought I could recommend "The Echo Makers" at frist since one of the two main characters was a woman (the history went back and forth between the two of them) and everybody was equally flawed. However as I thought about it, I remembered a third male main character and that the women got degraded slightly more.

It's interesting how none of my fictional books has a female main character in it and how I never paid much thought to it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46175 on: April 05, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »

Normal. Why would I play on easy?

Normal is somewhat easy already, as long as I can get focused.
Because.. Meme is meme.
What touhou?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46176 on: April 05, 2011, 01:11:17 pm »

PCB.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46177 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:30 pm »

I had one of those weird "why didn't I know" moments just a few minutes ago.

*Father writing something*
Me: "Poetic inspiration?"
Father: Actually, yes. I used to write poetry when I was younger. I wrote the lyrics to a few <legendary Lithuanian death metal band> songs. If you don't believe me, it's written on the album cover.

This year I have also learned that my father once made a radio from a box and the very basics and that my mom used to be a metalhead. Life is weird. I now have a theory that everyone is secretly badass in at least one way.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46178 on: April 05, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »

I had one of those weird "why didn't I know" moments just a few minutes ago.

*Father writing something*
Me: "Poetic inspiration?"
Father: Actually, yes. I used to write poetry when I was younger. I wrote the lyrics to a few <legendary Lithuanian death metal band> songs. If you don't believe me, it's written on the album cover.

This year I have also learned that my father once made a radio from a box and the very basics and that my mom used to be a metalhead. Life is weird. I now have a theory that everyone is secretly badass in at least one way.
Your parents are hardcore!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46179 on: April 05, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »

Life is weird. I now have a theory that everyone is secretly badass in at least one way.

My parents are not.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46180 on: April 05, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »

Life is weird. I now have a theory that everyone is secretly badass in at least one way.

My parents are not.
I said "secretly". ;D
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46181 on: April 05, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »

Sometimes I think I might be secretly badass in the field of intuitively knowing other people's motives.  I'm pretty good at it, most of my family is actually.  Other times I worry that maybe I'm like Rorschach and the motives I'm assigning to people's actions aren't actually accurate at all and the reason I think they are is because I'm crazy.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46182 on: April 05, 2011, 01:38:02 pm »

I just sat through an advertisement for another audio book, and didn't realize it till they said "And now for our feature presentation"

I was actually getting a little worried, cus the demon they were describing was rather generic, and not really Mr Sanderson's style at all.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46183 on: April 05, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »

Sometimes I think I might be secretly badass in the field of intuitively knowing other people's motives.  I'm pretty good at it, most of my family is actually.  Other times I worry that maybe I'm like Rorschach and the motives I'm assigning to people's actions aren't actually accurate at all and the reason I think they are is because I'm crazy.

What was my motive for typing this comment?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46184 on: April 05, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »

Apparently my dad has a black belt that he used for his bodyguard job back before us kids were born.

I have no idea how that would work.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 ... 13325