Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772814 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #45105 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:11 am »

I've never heard of the first one. But I have heard Sword of the Stars is pretty good (actually I've mostly heard "it's no Homeworld") It's a game I've been meaning to play.

However, it was made by the same studio as Fort Zombie, so I'm guessing a grain of salt must be taken.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45106 on: March 31, 2011, 12:32:24 am »

I've never heard of the first one. But I have heard Sword of the Stars is pretty good (actually I've mostly heard "it's no Homeworld") It's a game I've been meaning to play.

However, it was made by the same studio as Fort Zombie, so I'm guessing a grain of salt must be taken.
Sword of the Stars is awesome. It's like Total War gameplay meets Alpha Centauri customization meets <random space 4X> main concept. With space dolphins.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #45107 on: March 31, 2011, 12:37:37 am »

Can't argue with space dolphins.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45108 on: March 31, 2011, 12:38:36 am »

Same publisher as EU3, so it can not be all that bad. (Unless it was not a strategy game, it looks like paradox might be best served staying away from rpgs)

I was tempted to pick up fort zombie fort well I was at it, it’s price is comparable to the other two.

But it is newer… And not on sale, so why is the price so low?

Anyway, I am a sucker for space games, I am sure even if it sucks I will like it.

The elf game was more of a toss up. But in the end the turn based yet looks like age of empires aspect got me. Also it is on a hex grid. I loves me some hex grid.

Soon we shall see if the nine dollars were worth it.

Edit: I just looked up sword of the stars on wikiapeda. Oh my god? That is the game I got? I am so happy! I have purchased space 4x games because I could not find this game and I needed something to sooth the pain.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:42:25 am by Criptfeind »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #45109 on: March 31, 2011, 12:53:38 am »

I'm not usually this guy, but I don't advocate paying money for Fort Zombie. You might be able to have fun with it but I couldn't. Either way, you should at least try it before you hand over money for it, as that will only encourage them.

But yeah, I've seen video of Sword of the Stars, so I don't think it's nearly at that level of bad. It looked good.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45110 on: March 31, 2011, 12:57:54 am »

Yeah... I am a little disappointed, I remember when they were in the making stage, it seemed to have so much potential...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45111 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:14 am »

So, I got to try out headphones with a subwoofer attached.
Holy shit, and I used to joke about my old Sony 'phones being a sex toy.

Meanwhile, I seem to gain superpowers when I'm sleep-deprived.
I can count and do arithmetic ridiculously fast.
As in, before anybody else even counts a tenth of it, I've got it all.
And heightened lucidity.
For example, I just remembered a good memory from forever ago:
In Kindergarten, we had study sessions with a high-school student once a week or so.
I ended up with this really awesome smart guy that I didn't see in the crowd before.
He had light blonde hair and those ridiculously stereotypical round glasses and spoke with a slight lisp.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45112 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:37 am »

Being sleep-deprived is awesome. I can do DF marathons late at night, then at 1 in the morning switching over to my DS, then reading from 3am onwards. It's epic. And I can do this three days in a row.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45113 on: March 31, 2011, 01:29:03 am »

I'm not so fond of it, myself.  I stay up when I need increased creativity, but the problem with increased creativity that my speed boosts can be a little bit problematic sometimes in the why-have-you-broken-mathematics sort of way >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #45114 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:53 am »

I don't get much from sleep deprivation, besides becoming more and more confused and mixing reality and the games I've been playing.

Though that point where your barely able to stay awake I always end up dozing off in my chair and when I doze off that way I have a higher chance of lucidity in dreams. As well as general weirdness in those dreams.

On a side note, had a dream last night... started in a supermarket... there was this guy and we kept running at each other for some reason... then we ended up facing each other down an isle... then we charged at each other so fast that we caused a temporal disturbance, until we got out of the supermarket time was all slow motion and stuff....  Then the dream changed I think and it turned into a Ghostbusters themed dream and that ghostbuster-mobile thing was driving down this road... then the dream changed again into a post apocalyptic wasteland and I was like trying to get to get somewhere that I can't remember and I had this Hazard suit in this briefcase thing... I think I was supposed to put it on? I can't remember heh.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:47:45 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45115 on: March 31, 2011, 02:03:39 am »

Heh heh heh.

Elves are bastards.

"What the hell is this wall here for?"

"Ah.... I think the humans made it to keep the hordes of undead out."

"Well tear it down, we are in a hurry!"

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #45116 on: March 31, 2011, 02:49:03 am »

Reading English as she is spoke, which is a book to help others speak English. Except the writer was Spanish, and knew a bit of French. So he decided to write what he knew in Spanish, translate it to French with the help of a Spanish-French dictionary, then Translate it to English using a French-English dictionary. That is all you need to know about it, and all you need to know about how it makes me happy.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45117 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:42 am »

I got through to the interview part of the scholarship application program. They want to see me Monday.

I'm so fucking nervous.

Here's to hoping I actually make it!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45118 on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:01 am »

The WWIII page description on TV tropes was clearly written by someone with Red Storm Rising on his mind other than myself.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45119 on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:27 am »

Tome 4 got an update today, and while lag issues have been neglected my god it is pretty now.
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 13325