Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2543 2544 [2545] 2546 2547 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844665 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~
« Reply #38160 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:54 am »

Now, I didn't say exactly what order events transpired in.  We got slaughtered by Skagzilla, then Toony thought, "Doing mission order as intended is for pussies, lets bring in the BIG GUNS."  So Itnetlolor helped us obliterate Skagzilla, after our best effort had taken it down to 2/3 health.  And that is why Toony is leader.  God help us all.

Assuming you are doing what I am assuming you did:
Playing with my friend, he had a new character, and I whipped out my level forty-something Siren.
I would just run around killing things with the explosion that occurs when you turn invisible/revisible.
So much fun watching him struggle when I can melt five bandits instantly just by running towards them and activating coward mode.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38161 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:54 am »

Now, I didn't say exactly what order events transpired in.  We got slaughtered by Skagzilla, then Toony thought, "Doing mission order as intended is for pussies, lets bring in the BIG GUNS."  So Itnetlolor helped us obliterate Skagzilla, after our best effort had taken it down to 2/3 health.  And that is why Toony is leader.  God help us all.
Playing with my friend, he had a new character, and I whipped out my level forty-something Siren.
I would just run around killing things with the explosion that occurs when you turn invisible/revisible.
So much fun watching him struggle when I can melt five bandits instantly just by running towards them and activating coward mode.
Let's just say that for the hell of it, I decided to melee most of my enemies apart. Particularly the badass classed ones. And my guy is also stringy as hell.

Got me a couple challenges done (punchy and if it flies, it dies).

Looking back, I miss deathmatching. We gotta get an Unreal or Doom server up or something. This is why I can snipe with pistols and shotguns.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:00:52 am by Itnetlolor »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38162 on: February 04, 2011, 01:03:48 am »

you forgot to mention that coward mode heals you up nearly fully when you do it.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38163 on: February 04, 2011, 01:08:42 am »

You can't get healed when you were never injured in the first place.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38164 on: February 04, 2011, 01:10:22 am »

Neither can you when gravity one hit kills you xP

Found that one out the hard way.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38165 on: February 04, 2011, 01:14:10 am »

Whenever you guys get strong enough, I'd love to take down that damn Crawmerax. I only lasted mere moments before I got bombed and killed by it's minion(s). Though I did knock a minion to half-health, and yes, that's at my current level too. I guess sources weren't kidding about that big crawdaddy. Even my current weapons didn't cause any visible damage to it. And those were crits too. :/

EDIT:
Then again, that thing is easily 20 levels above me to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:20:16 am by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38166 on: February 04, 2011, 01:21:07 am »

EDIT:

Yeah, we'll worry about post-end-game challenges when we're post-end-game.  Or just take it on now, and bet how long we can survive before it obliterates us.

On a completely unrelated note - does anyone have any recommendations for a free 3D modeling program?  It doesn't have to be complicated or compatible with anything, it just has to be able to draw three dimensional shapes (doesn't even need curves per se), so I can take pictures of them.  I've tried Google SketchUp, but it seemed to really lack in finesse.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38167 on: February 04, 2011, 01:24:00 am »

Wings3D is one I've used extensively.
It's pretty easy to use and prefers triangles, but supports any other type of polygon.
Apparently Blender is good, but I've never bothered to learn how.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38168 on: February 04, 2011, 01:24:40 am »

EDIT:

Yeah, we'll worry about post-end-game challenges when we're post-end-game.  Or just take it on now, and bet how long we can survive before it obliterates us.

On a completely unrelated note - does anyone have any recommendations for a free 3D modeling program?  It doesn't have to be complicated or compatible with anything, it just has to be able to draw three dimensional shapes (doesn't even need curves per se), so I can take pictures of them.  I've tried Google SketchUp, but it seemed to really lack in finesse.
I've used one before, but I don't remember the name of it. I might have to do a bit of lurking in my computer's archives and see if I can find the name of one.

EDIT:
Can't seem to find it. Maybe it was Wings3D. Used to make a nifty ship that looked based on a full moon weapon. Looked pretty neat, but overall poor quality, since it was in my early days of modeling (and I'm still rather underskilled at it; I'm hoping to afford classes to get better at it).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:29:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38169 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:37 am »

But once the teamwork got together well enough, I was getting taken down rather well. Still, you gotta love getting drained by transfusion grenades and a class IV flaming hawk, and then getting beaned by a sniper shotgun.
If I had known it was you I would have tried to mooch some money form you to buy some sniper class mods from the store. Drat!

But cool to know somebody from here dropped in instead of a complete stranger.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38170 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:37 am »

But once the teamwork got together well enough, I was getting taken down rather well. Still, you gotta love getting drained by transfusion grenades and a class IV flaming hawk, and then getting beaned by a sniper shotgun.
If I had known it was you I would have tried to mooch some money form you to buy some sniper class mods from the store. Drat!

But cool to know somebody from here dropped in instead of a complete stranger.
Yeah, unfortunately, it was an old account I had that was able to work, and I couldn't change the name of it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38171 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:59 am »

Just snagged Borderlands myself, and managed to hit level 15 with my hunter. It's a funny, challenging, and entertaining game... definitely worth buying. I'm digging the sketchy art style, and the eclectic music score too (anything that combines Tuvan throat-singing and guitar for boss music automatically wins at everything forever).

One of these days, I'm going to have to try out Coop mode with you guys. Is it all just arena matches like that, or can you play through the main story too?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38172 on: February 04, 2011, 01:44:03 am »

I like how you can see why the time cycle is like it is by looking at the planet (or moon) in the background. That was an interesting little detail. One pole is permafrost and the other is a hellhole. Only the equatorial zone is habitable and has a damnable cycle. It's rotational axis is f***ed up.

It's like Crematoria in Riddick, except it's time zones are based in the equator. It explains why the Island of Dr. Ned is always dark. No matter how long you wait until sunrise.

And those bones come from something worse.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:50:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38173 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:47 am »

GOOD JOB

NOW DO IT AGAIN

I didn't even take a casualty this time, plus I captured a live one. British square tactic is god tactic.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38174 on: February 04, 2011, 02:02:25 am »

And those bones come from something worse.

Let's just say the planet was colonised at quite the lull in the size and ferocity of the local fauna.

Meanwhile,
You can find some pretty horrifying stuff on Pixiv.
Pages: 1 ... 2543 2544 [2545] 2546 2547 ... 13326