Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846188 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~
« Reply #38070 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »

Went to sleep at 6:30 AM.  Was woken up by something in between a weird dream and my butthole cat around 10:30AM.  Laid in bed for half an hour with cat in various states of being in my face.  Feel fantastic, even with a toe-blister and a weird sore on my lip.  If I go to sleep when the sun is out, I'll sleep for nine hours and feel like shit all day when I wake up, but if I manage to fall asleep before dawn, I'll be fine all day on like four hours.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38071 on: February 03, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

My dad is being unusually calm about my worry from this morning. I guess he's in a good mood. It irks me that my sister can get away with the excuse of "Oh, she must have been tired" where I would have been chewed out about responsibility in the same situation, but whatever.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38072 on: February 03, 2011, 12:38:32 pm »

It sounds like your dad wants the best for you and for you to grow up to be a strappin' responsible man but doesn't really know how to help make that happen.  I guess the best thing is to just try to be patient with him :/

Anyway, it's a good thing I love campy Nazi science bullshit because this game is ridiculous.  Whoever made the engine was obviously really proud of his heat distortion effects because they're everywhere and they're not very good.  They look viscous, like the shimmer would get stuck on my clothes if I walked through it.  Also I shot a guy in the back and he just slowly turned around like "Hey, what was that for?"
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38073 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:50 pm »

Also I shot a guy in the back and he just slowly turned around like "Hey, what was that for?"

I love when game engines don't have an animation for changing direction without walking.  Like in MGS2, when Snake is following you, you can run around in circles and he rotates in place like a turret.

The whole game sounds like the Medal of Honor games in terms of shittiness.  Which is ridiculous that a series like Wolfenstein, which wasn't even a "series" until Return to Castle etc., could take a giant step back in the course of ten years.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38074 on: February 03, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »

hey, anyone know how to get older Xbox controllers to work with a kinect ready one? I've been trying to since we upgraded with no luck. I'd be grateful if someone could help.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38075 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:48 pm »

Went to sleep at 6:30 AM.  Was woken up by something in between a weird dream and my butthole cat around 10:30AM.  Laid in bed for half an hour with cat in various states of being in my face.  Feel fantastic, even with a toe-blister and a weird sore on my lip.  If I go to sleep when the sun is out, I'll sleep for nine hours and feel like shit all day when I wake up, but if I manage to fall asleep before dawn, I'll be fine all day on like four hours.

Was woken up by something in between a weird dream and my butthole cat around 10:30AM.

my butthole cat

butthole cat

is this something we want to bring up again?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38076 on: February 03, 2011, 12:54:36 pm »

Also I shot a guy in the back and he just slowly turned around like "Hey, what was that for?"

I love when game engines don't have an animation for changing direction without walking.  Like in MGS2, when Snake is following you, you can run around in circles and he rotates in place like a turret.

The whole game sounds like the Medal of Honor games in terms of shittiness.  Which is ridiculous that a series like Wolfenstein, which wasn't even a "series" until Return to Castle etc., could take a giant step back in the course of ten years.

Actually, it does remind me of the old medal of honor games.  The old ones kicked ass, it was around Rising Sun the series started falling apart.  People were more into "realistic" (hurr) games like Call of Duty, whereas MoH was basically Doom with Nazis.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38077 on: February 03, 2011, 12:55:54 pm »

Better correlation would be Wolfenstein3d

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38078 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »

Really, you liked the old ones?  I had the original, and it was one of the worst professional shooters I ever played.  Namely because every level felt exactly the same, the Nazis could take multiple shotgun blasts to the face, and go into an invincible "falling down" animation, and then get back up and keep fighting, and any time there was a cabinet in a room, as soon as you tried to leave it and not a moment before a guy would jump out and get an unavoidable shot on you.

butthole cat

is this something we want to bring up again?

I bring it up at every opportunity.  My cat is a butthole, an assmunch, a dickwad.  Insert whatever moniker you like.  I'm typing around his annoying butt right this moment.  It gets literal even.  For a few minutes, he decided to lay on my chest with his ass in my face until I chucked him off.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38079 on: February 03, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »

Getting my tax return scheduled for tomorrow, and doing some daydreaming computer shopping.

The definition of happiness is my wife saying, "Why aren't you going for the six core machine instead of the quad core?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38080 on: February 03, 2011, 01:15:32 pm »

i thought the tax returns wern't coming in until the 15? (wait are you US?)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38081 on: February 03, 2011, 01:17:17 pm »

I am in the US. I e-filed as soon as I could get electronic w2s, which was about a week and a half ago.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38082 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:37 pm »

but due to the tax extensions, i thought the IRS was holding out until the 15?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38083 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:56 pm »

The small business is coming together. I've gotten most of the big hurdles out of the way. I'm also dirt poor atm.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38084 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »

I have a rival in my Russian class.

Yeeeeeeeeees.  It is time for us to attempt to curbstomp each other like true comrades.  He has already made motions of battle (asked me to add 4 and 9, when we were only supposed to know numbers through 12.  Unfortunately, I did not know the answer), so it is time to return fire in a more public way than "100% on everything."

HO HO HO~ :I

... I love having someone to antagonize.  Try to antagonize.  Compete with.  Whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 13326