Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832552 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #37215 on: January 28, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

With 500 empty gigabytes, I think I can hold it.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37216 on: January 28, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »

Its free to play, though it takes up a lot of room.

Even after installing using the Orange Box, I was downloading updates for a good 20 hours.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37217 on: January 28, 2011, 10:31:28 pm »

The Orange Box is big, but I don't think you need to install all at once.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37218 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:27 pm »

All right, so there's this outlet on my laptop on the left side and it's one of those with all the holes for the pins to go into (the plug for it is usually blue). If I connect my desktop computer tower to it, then I'll be able to use my desktop through the laptop, right? I don't know what else it would be for, and my connection would quit after what Ralmfighter described, and I could get my computer tower somewhere a lot easier than taking that stupid monitor with me and those other cables (other than the power cable and the adapter I described, I know that desktop is a power hungry monster).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37219 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:25 pm »

Looking back over old posts made me happy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37220 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:44 pm »

All right, so there's this outlet on my laptop on the left side and it's one of those with all the holes for the pins to go into (the plug for it is usually blue). If I connect my desktop computer tower to it, then I'll be able to use my desktop through the laptop, right? I don't know what else it would be for, and my connection would quit after what Ralmfighter described, and I could get my computer tower somewhere a lot easier than taking that stupid monitor with me and those other cables (other than the power cable and the adapter I described, I know that desktop is a power hungry monster).

(please tell me this is a troll post................)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37221 on: January 28, 2011, 10:46:45 pm »

(please tell me this is a troll post................)
I'm a notoriously bad troll, but this one was serious. 'Expansion Port 3' looks like the cable to connect the tower to the monitor would actually fit, and then I'd be able to move the tower to a place where I have consequence free internet long enough to update.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37222 on: January 28, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »

urgh, that is the video output for your laptop if you want to use a projector or hook up to a bigger screen to show something off.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37223 on: January 28, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »

Damn. Well, that kind of dents my ideas. Whatever, I have a spare monitor and stuff here, so I can make it work.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37224 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »

just to let you know, that was my first dumb question answered.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37225 on: January 28, 2011, 10:56:43 pm »

Congratulations. I'll bring the tower in and see if I can't get some wireless connection somewhere around this place that will hold.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37226 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:25 pm »

you can try to use your laptop as a access port and use a ethernet cord from your laptop to your computer for internet but im on Win 7 so its easy, xp was a bitch.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37227 on: January 28, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

Yeah, but since I'm leeching from the neighbors and I haven't stooped to hacking a land connection I'm reliant on unsecured routers set up by idiots. I might do brute force hacking if I can get any of the programs to WORK!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37228 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »

It would be awesome if you gambled with 1 luck and you did so badly the machine spat out a deathclaw.
Or gambling with 1 luck, and winning the jackpot. I mean, what are the odds, right?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37229 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:21 pm »

I was moving a box that we still had left from when we moved, like 5 years ago. In it? Some lost photo albums of me, along with a bunch of Disney movies we knew we had but could never find, and a vest my grandma made for me a few months before she died. It was just this massive heart warming nostalgia moment.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 ... 13326