Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777415 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #36555 on: January 23, 2011, 10:05:39 am »

Well, Duke Nukem Forever is set for release May 3rd this year.  Trailer and all.

EDIT:
Woah, I'd play it.
Looks like they tossed whatever story the game had and based around what people like about Duke Nukem instead.
Awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36556 on: January 23, 2011, 10:44:35 am »

uh bad news about DNF, i got word from Gamestop that the game could be pushed into November.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36557 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:56 am »

Eh. I have enough things to look forward to anyway, doesn't bug me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36558 on: January 23, 2011, 12:08:13 pm »

i have avoided the sickness spreading in my house :D

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36559 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:56 pm »

uh bad news about DNF, i got word from Gamestop that the game could be pushed into November.
My sources tell me that they set the release date of Duke Nukem Forever to match the title.

Been poking around for some Comic Books to test out this new reader program thing, and was surprised to find that the old Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon I remember from my childhood was apparently still going, in comic book form, 15-odd years later. I checked it out for the sake of nostalgia, and found that it had aged pretty well, and the recent stuff wasn't actually a terrible read. They seem to have avoided the shark-jumping and angstfest that became the game series, but had still given the characters and their stories some welcome depth. I found this blurb both a bit funny, and surprisingly sad:

For the first time, I actually felt a tiny bit of sympathy for a character who has seemed, through his various incarnations, to be little more than a flat, maniacal villain. Later on, after his descent into madness is complete, the authors also took the chance to slip in a few in-jokes and references, which made me grin too.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36560 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:06 pm »

Yeah I've checked out the Archie comics a few times.  I'm not really into the plot though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36561 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

planning on homemade rail gun (i think of the weirdest shit to do at my house)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36562 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:55 pm »

Yeah I've checked out the Archie comics a few times.  I'm not really into the plot though.
Don't think I could really dig into it, but I was pleasantly surprised nevertheless.

Just finished reading The Last Question, which I have Sowelu to thank for the link. Never read that one, but it was nice.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36563 on: January 23, 2011, 01:09:02 pm »

Yeah, Bad news from 2K... Apparently they're going to push Duke Nukem back to 2020.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36564 on: January 23, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »

Yeah, Bad news from 2K... Apparently they're going to push Duke Nukem back to 2020.
Now you just sound sarcastic.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36565 on: January 23, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

Liar.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36566 on: January 23, 2011, 01:13:32 pm »

I am being facetious.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36567 on: January 23, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »

Liar.
Yeah, that does sound a little early.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36568 on: January 23, 2011, 01:41:26 pm »

I found the barbecue sauce. :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36569 on: January 23, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

My sources tell me that they set the release date of Duke Nukem Forever to match the title.

Been poking around for some Comic Books to test out this new reader program thing, and was surprised to find that the old Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon I remember from my childhood was apparently still going, in comic book form, 15-odd years later. I checked it out for the sake of nostalgia, and found that it had aged pretty well, and the recent stuff wasn't actually a terrible read. They seem to have avoided the shark-jumping and angstfest that became the game series, but had still given the characters and their stories some welcome depth. I found this blurb both a bit funny, and surprisingly sad:

For the first time, I actually felt a tiny bit of sympathy for a character who has seemed, through his various incarnations, to be little more than a flat, maniacal villain. Later on, after his descent into madness is complete, the authors also took the chance to slip in a few in-jokes and references, which made me grin too.
I remember that cartoon!

Dammit, what happened to all the good Saturday morning cartoons?!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 13325