Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2055 2056 [2057] 2058 2059 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844700 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30840 on: December 07, 2010, 09:11:07 pm »

You know, Irony is when you make a song about irony that doesn't actually contain any examples of irony.

Isn't that right, Alanis?

Oh god, get new jokes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30841 on: December 07, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »

Apparently if there aren't a metric ton of 98th and 99th percentile test-takers this year, I might qualify for the National Merit Scholarship or something.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30842 on: December 07, 2010, 09:27:43 pm »

Apparently if there aren't a metric ton of 98th and 99th percentile test-takers this year, I might qualify for the National Merit Scholarship or something.

Yeah, that's pretty helpful.  Not if you're planning on going to 1st- or 2nd-tier universities, though, because they're stingy bastards who don't give National Merit Scholarships.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30843 on: December 07, 2010, 09:32:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30844 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:01 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty helpful.  Not if you're planning on going to 1st- or 2nd-tier universities, though, because they're stingy bastards who don't give National Merit Scholarships.
Yep. Got one myself. Most local mediocre colleges will give you full ride, including room and board for it; possibly even spending money if you're really lucky. But if you want to get a real education, It'll save you a pretty penny, but still be nowhere near free.
Oh, and this will very probably tell you whether or not you got one if you know your score: http://www.collegeplanningsimplified.com/NationalMerit.html
It's a list of score cutoffs by state. If you're really lucky, you live in a durp state.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30845 on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:02 pm »

Spoiler: What the? (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30846 on: December 07, 2010, 09:47:15 pm »

Its a highly non-canon webcomic. Darths & Droids. So no.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30847 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:15 pm »

Its a highly non-canon webcomic. Darths & Droids. So no.
If we're talking about Darths&Droids, we've got to mention Summon Bigger Fish!

Spoiler: I cast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summon Bigger Fish! (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30848 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:54 pm »

Yep. Got one myself. Most local mediocre colleges will give you full ride, including room and board for it; possibly even spending money if you're really lucky. But if you want to get a real education, It'll save you a pretty penny, but still be nowhere near free.
Oh, and this will very probably tell you whether or not you got one if you know your score: http://www.collegeplanningsimplified.com/NationalMerit.html
It's a list of score cutoffs by state. If you're really lucky, you live in a durp state.

FUCK! I live in Ohio, my score's 203! I needed a score of 212?! Why the hell does Ohio of all places have such high standards?! Nobody that lives here for 10 years will tell you that we're some kind of fucking genius state! We're home to DAYTON, that's like the most concentrated mental illness on the planet! And somehow Arkansas slips by with 203, and what the hell you only need 201 to be commended? What does commended mean anyway? "Oh, you're actually very intelligent but derp no scholarship for uuuuuu XP"

I got the highest grades in my damn school, and didn't even make the cut! And we're in a fucking private school, shouldn't that be a warning sign your standards are a little high!?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #30849 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:45 pm »

THIS IS OHIO

STEP UP OR STEP OUT
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30850 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:59 pm »

*Ahem*

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30851 on: December 07, 2010, 10:00:51 pm »

Well BY DEFINITION there will be exactly as many of them (proportionally) as normal... :D
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30852 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

*Ahem*

I'm happy I'm derailing this thread! BAM, we're right back on topic!

Also Argembarger, don't you dare deny that I'm wrong. Inside your cold, unfeeling Ohioan heart you see the truth in what I speak!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30853 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »

*Ahem*

This thread is derailable? I thought the topic was the derail, and the derail the topic.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30854 on: December 07, 2010, 10:05:12 pm »

did you just manage to derail a thread which has no rails? I salute you, for you are the Ironblood of Thread Derails.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 2055 2056 [2057] 2058 2059 ... 13326