Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800724 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19230 on: September 04, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »

“Nobody left to fight, Shovel,” he grunted. “We blew them all up. Don’t get me wrong, I loved every second of it! It was glorious, Shovel, glorious! Goddamn, we’re never going to have another victory like that again!” He stopped pacing for a second. “We’re never going to have another victory like that again. And that’s exactly the problem.”

He turned to his Shovel, which was leaning against the metal railing that made up his bedpost. Shovel said nothing to this, but listened patiently. It always did. If only Soldier could expect his teammates to be as loyal and as obedient as Shovel.

“I mean, what do we do now? With no one left to fight, we’re going get soft. We get soft, we get fat and content and complacent and we’ve failed. Failed, Shovel! Failure is not an option in this war. And if there’s anything I’ve learned from fighting in wars, it’s that there’s always somebody to fight. There are enemies all around us! Everywhere!”

You’re right, Soldier. They are, said Shovel.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:00 pm »

And the soldier was a spade.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: September 04, 2010, 03:39:29 pm »

Soldier without anyone to fight?! That would last all of two seconds... then he would either be backstabbed or blow himself up after a fierce argument.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: September 04, 2010, 03:59:43 pm »

In the shadows, a pickax lies and waits.
DUN DUN DUN

TF2 related.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:02:27 pm by ToonyMan »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: September 04, 2010, 04:27:52 pm »

You handled that fairly well, Soldier, Shovel purred.

“Heh, thank you,” Soldier found himself blushing despite himself. Getting that kind of approval from Shovel made him…happy, almost. It felt good to please Shovel, and hear that gentle, androgynous voice grant Soldier his approval. He ran a finger down Shovel’s shaft without even thinking about it. “You’re the only one that understands me, Shovel. You…you know that, right?”

I know, Soldier, I know, Shovel’s voice was barely above a whisper. You’ve told me this many times, and I never get tired of hearing it.

Soldier held Shovel in front of him and started to caress the blade, rubbing the edge with his thumb. Shovel offered little resistance to this, sighing as Soldier grazed the back of his blade with his fingertips, until he fingered a dent in the back that caused Shovel to gasp, jolting Soldier out of his hypnosis and making him drop Shovel. He caught his companion quickly before it could touch the ground, and he found himself sweating and his hands shaking.

“I…I’m sorry, Shovel, I don’t know what came over me.” He avoided looking directly into Shovel’s blade and tugged at his collar. “That…that’s never happened before.”

It’s all right, Soldier, Shovel cooed. You don’t have to do anything you’re uncomfortable with.

Good God, Shovel knew exactly what he was doing, didn’t he? Soldier thought. What a terrifying and yet oddly exciting thought. Soldier cleared his throat. “You know how I feel about fraternization, Shovel. Let’s just say that didn’t happen.”

Whatever you say, Soldier. Shovel didn’t sound aggressive or bitter, simply…disappointed.

Soldier found himself panicking a little. “No, no, Shovel, I didn’t mean it like that…it’s just…this is kind of awkward for me. That’s all.”

How so? Shovel asked, voice rising with a sort of child-like curiosity.

“Well…aren’t you a…a man, Shovel?” Jesus, why would he say something so stupid? Soldier silently cursed himself for asking.

Don’t be silly, Soldier. I’m a shovel. You are the man.

“I mean, you’re…it’s not like you’re a girl shovel.” Soldier’s palms were slick with sweat and he caught himself stroking Shovel’s shaft again.

I’m not a girl shovel, but I’m not a boy shovel, either. I’m just a shovel. Shovel hummed a little bit as Soldier twisted his handle. Whether I’m a male or female, it all depends on what you want.

“How about we just drop the subject, okay?” Soldier blurted out.

There was a long, stony silence from Shovel. Soldier sighed, flopping down onto his bed, Shovel still in his grasp. “I’m sorry,” he muttered. He held Shovel close, cradling him like a doll. “This is all just…very overwhelming.”

I understand, Shovel said, in a doting, motherly voice. Let’s just go to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow.

Soldier/Shovel. Now I've seen everything.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: September 04, 2010, 04:29:47 pm »

what are you even doing
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: September 04, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »

My soul.  It is dying.

Damn you, fanfiction.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: September 04, 2010, 04:47:06 pm »

Ugh...

Slowly turning into a weeaboo.

But... so good...
Same, Damn you miku!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: September 04, 2010, 04:50:56 pm »

...that was terrible. Soldier/shovel... AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: September 04, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »

...that was terrible Awesome. Soldier/shovel... YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: September 04, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

DR. STEEL
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: September 04, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: September 04, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »

Yes.
Yeah when I first saw this video I was in awe.  Fav'd and 5 star'd of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 13325