Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806258 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13710 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:12 am »

I stay up for two days then sleep for one, it's inconvenient for normal days but otherwise you're getting more hours for your buck.

Pardon me whilst I laugh with painful experience.  It don't work that way.  You wind up so knackered after a normal day's length anyway that the extra day you spend awake accomplishes nothing.

Needless to say, I'm doing exactly that today; staying awake all day, after waking up at 8PM yesterday, so I can wake up at a relatively normal time tomorrow to do normal stuff during daylight hours.  Don't know if it'll work.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13711 on: July 23, 2010, 02:28:06 pm »

:In a dancing mood: (Not Orz *dancing*)

I've been looking around for ages, and found a solution to an age-old problem: How to play Age of Empires and other forced fullscreen games in a window. So that means I (as well as anyone else) can livestream AOE for once, along with other games with no apparent workaround to window it. It's essentially a DirectX emulator so you can window old DirectX games ala DOSBox style. Kinda similar to the Chaos Launcher for launching Starcraft in a window.

Here it is, I tested it, it works: D3DWindower
Readme and other parts are in supposedly Japanese, but it's very straightforward. Works for most-all D3D and DirectX codecs. And the best part: it's freeware.

Going to play some AOE2 windowed now. ^_^

I'm going to have to introduce this to my brothers next week during our game-a-thon.

EDIT:
Typed while playing El Cid campaign. No screw ups, few graphical glitches (finding workaround in-program), and it runs smoothly. Okay, so it's just a glitchy mouse appearance and I can see a slight grid on the battlefield, but nonetheless, no color oddities, no real issues regarding mouse offsetting. Simply, I don't have to worry too much about the game freaking out on ALT+TAB switching.

EDIT EDIT:
Found more similar windowers: http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk1_tools_windower.php
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:41:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: July 23, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »

Forced Full-screen? I can think of, perhaps 2 games which didn't have an config file parameter, or even a command-line switch for windowed mode.

Age of Empires 2, that game taught me so much.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: July 23, 2010, 02:42:43 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28:19 pm »

Somebody was talking about the A-10 in this thread a couple of pages back, and they mentioned that it was their favorite fighter.  I was under the impression that it was an attack aircraft, flying close air support and ground attack roles.  I don't even know if it has even scored an air to air kill (I checked: 2 helicopters in Iraq).  Not trying to start a fight or put you down man, but the A-10 is my favorite close air support aircraft.

And was I dreaming or did the A-10 occasionally fly Wild Weasel missions too?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: July 23, 2010, 05:30:16 pm »

Hurray for work, which means money, which means brakes! Hurray for having car brakes!
And acai juice. I loves me some acai juice.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: July 23, 2010, 05:36:41 pm »

Oh god i love my job.

You wouldn't imagine running up and down stairs, selling stuff to extremely drunk people would be fun, but it totally is.

I got offered a joint at the Bon Jovi concert, and four drunk guys tipped/gave me over 20 bucks.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: July 23, 2010, 05:37:41 pm »

I get to cut things up with a chainsword.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: July 23, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

Space Marine?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: July 23, 2010, 05:39:26 pm »

I get to cut things up with a chainsword.
Go get those zenos/heretics mighty servant of the emperor!

ninja'd...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: July 23, 2010, 05:40:15 pm »

Heh.
No, trimming foliage.
It's technically a hedge trimmer, but it can be held easily in one hand and looks like a chainsword.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:47 pm »

Yell "FOR THE EMPERAAHH" whenever you use it.

For the Shits and Giggles.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:16 pm »

Been playing my Recorder, after about 2 decades of not touching the thing. Been learning how to do harmonics and such. Someone suggested I play Ocarina of Time songs. I decided to play the Windmill/Storm Song. Lo and behold, not 5 minutes later, my city goes from clear skies to crazy winds, a major thunderstorm, flash flood warnings, and a possible tornado.

Apparently my recorder is magical.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:53 pm »

Somebody was talking about the A-10 in this thread a couple of pages back, and they mentioned that it was their favorite fighter.  I was under the impression that it was an attack aircraft, flying close air support and ground attack roles.  I don't even know if it has even scored an air to air kill (I checked: 2 helicopters in Iraq).  Not trying to start a fight or put you down man, but the A-10 is my favorite close air support aircraft.

And was I dreaming or did the A-10 occasionally fly Wild Weasel missions too?

Nah, You are right, I didn't use the proper term. Also, as far as I know, they don't use A-10s for Wild Weasel missions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:47:41 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: July 23, 2010, 05:44:22 pm »

Been playing my Recorder, after about 2 decades of not touching the thing. Been learning how to do harmonics and such. Someone suggested I play Ocarina of Time songs. I decided to play the Windmill/Storm Song. Lo and behold, not 5 minutes later, my city goes from clear skies to crazy winds, a major thunderstorm, flash flood warnings, and a possible tornado.

Apparently my recorder is magical.
But does it play the Jazz?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 13325